Twin sister for Daphne?

Twin girls on the way, and I think we’ve settled on [name]Daphne[/name] for one of them (probably). I’ve been going over names for so many weeks (months?) that I’m feeling overwhelmed and I’d love to think about this from a fresh perspective. So, I’d love some suggestions for a twin sister for [name]Daphne[/name], if you’re willing.

No J-names, as mine, my husband’s, and my daughter’s names are all J’s. M-names are tough too, because the babies’ last name with be hyphenated and both names start with M! Our older daughter is [name]Juno[/name]. Thanks, as always, for the help. I’m sure I’ll be back for more of it.

I really like [name]Artemis[/name] or [name]Athena[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are Greek goddesses and sound great with [name]Daphne[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Iris[/name] would be my suggestion for [name]Daphne[/name]'s twin sister. I love the way they look and sound together and they both have a mythological connection without hitting you over the head. :slight_smile:

[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Electra[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Cybele[/name]
[name]Maris[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Lyla[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Maia[/name]

I once had a dream that I was having twin girls, and I named them [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name]. I love the suggestion of [name]Iris[/name] with [name]Daphne[/name]!

Beautiful names! [name]Both[/name] [name]Juno[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name]! [name]How[/name] about:

Rheia
[name]Edith[/name]
[name]Phaedra[/name]
[name]Nova[/name]
[name]Cybele[/name]
Aglaia
[name]Chloe[/name]/[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Circe[/name]
[name]Dione[/name]

i love daphne. to me it has the same vibe as juno but such a different sound, it would be great to achieve the same thing with the third name - so, in this regard, i would choose something that doesn’t end in the “ee” or “o” sound, and doesn’t start with a j or a d.
some that come to mind off the top of my head:
norah
valentine
leah
scarlett
layla
kate
mia
collette
esme

Great suggestions so far, and I especially like [name]Iris[/name], [name]Phaedra[/name], and [name]Nova[/name]. I should say that the name doesn’t have to be myth-influenced (though obviously I love myth names). I’d like to explore other options, too, and there’s always the possibility of giving her a myth-name as a middle. Thank you!

Since you’ve got [name]Juno[/name] (goddess) and [name]Daphne[/name] (nymph) I would use something from mythology as well.
I love mischa’s suggestion of [name]Iris[/name] - messenger of the Gods and the personification of the rainbow. However, [name]Iris[/name] was mainly [name]Hera[/name]'s messenger, and [name]Hera[/name] and [name]Juno[/name] are the same goddess.

I’m going to suggest:
[name]Isis[/name] - throw in some egyptian mythology. She was also important in roman/greek mythology.
[name]Clio[/name] - the muse of history
[name]Thalia[/name] - the muse of comedy
[name]Eos[/name]/[name]Aurora[/name] - goddess of the dawn
Myrrha - the mother of [name]Adonis[/name], she turned into a tree like [name]Daphne[/name]. The rest of the myth is creepy.
Mellonia - goddess of bees and beekeeping.
[name]Eudora[/name] - one of the hyades, star clusters.
Maia - one of the pleiades and a star in Taurus.

Honestly, [name]Laurel[/name].

I like that they have the same meanings, but aren’t obviously tied, I think they compliment each other as well.

I would do something greek/related to mythology to match your theme, but I would look for something very subtle. As loveday said, I would avoid anything ending in -e or -o. Here are some ideas:

[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Gaia[/name]
[name]Aura[/name]
[name]Rhea[/name]
[name]Sibyl[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Phaedra[/name]
[name]Helen[/name]/[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Thalia[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]/[name]Kora[/name]
[name]Maia[/name]
[name]Danae[/name]

Sorry for any repeats!

[name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] were my first thought! Despite the matching ‘e’ endings, I love them together.
I also love mischa’s suggestion of [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Iris[/name]. Also, how about [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Violet[/name]?

My suggestion would be [name]Olivia[/name] with twin sister [name]Daphne[/name].

[name]Olivia[/name], [name]Daphne[/name] & [name]Juno[/name] are adorable!

You guys are good at this! I’m not surprised. I love [name]Norah[/name] but I have an aunt with that name. [name]Isis[/name] is great, and I love [name]Clio[/name] but have a friend with a daughter by that name.[name]One[/name] of my name-loving friends suggested [name]Laurel[/name]! [name]Phoebe[/name]'s lovely but that’s the name of our cat (wasn’t thinking about babies when I named her a decade ago, ha).

[name]Love[/name] the suggestion of [name]Iris[/name]! Also like [name]Clio[/name]/[name]Cleo[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name].
Again going with mythological names…

[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Leda[/name]
[name]Maia[/name]
[name]Ceres[/name]
[name]Ariadne[/name]
[name]Selene[/name]
[name]Charis[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Aine[/name](prn [name]Anya[/name] but [name]Aine[/name] is in Irish myths)
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Lissa[/name]
[name]Seren[/name]
[name]Rhea[/name]
[name]Dione[/name]
[name]Fauna[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Callisto[/name]/[name]Calista[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Zora[/name], [name]Zarya[/name], [name]Zaria[/name]
[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Elissa[/name] (supposedly another name for [name]Dido[/name])

Names that sound good with it
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Blair[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Leia[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Amara[/name]
[name]Adair[/name]
[name]Talia[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]

[name]Daphne[/name] is stunning! Definietly one of my favourites. If it were me, her twin would be [name]Lilith[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Anthea[/name]
[name]Petra[/name]
[name]Amaryllis[/name]
[name]Lenore[/name]
[name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Neve[/name]
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Helene[/name]
[name]Zinnia[/name]
[name]Odette[/name]
[name]Honora[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name]

[name]Daphne[/name] is such a lovely name! Based on the names [name]Juno[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name], I assumed that you liked names of Greek origin, so I focused on those. I like:

[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
Hesper
[name]Iris[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name]
[name]Philippa[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name]

Congratulations on your twins and best of luck!

I really love [name]Freya[/name] and keep coming back to her. I like that she’s myth-related but from a different tradition (plus I think the NN [name]Rey[/name]–or [name]Rae[/name], even–is cute). Might be nice to keep all three girls in two-syllable names, esp. since their last name is 4 syllables long.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] but worry it’s becoming too popular. [name]Callista[/name] and [name]Luna[/name] are great (though the latter is probably too similar to [name]Juno[/name]). I think [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] both sound great with [name]Daphne[/name], as does [name]Flora[/name].

[name]Love[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]! I think it goes so well with [name]Juno[/name], too. I sort of feel like with [name]Juno[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name], you need a really cool (but subtle) Greek mythology name. My first ideas were [name]Maia[/name] and [name]Calista[/name] (although [name]Calypso[/name] is more Greek mythology, I believe?), but I think something like [name]Ariadne[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], or [name]Phoebe[/name] would be great, too.

I think something like [name]Eleni[/name] or [name]Genevieve[/name] would be gorgeous with [name]Juno[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name], too.

Good luck!

I wanted to add [name]Lyra[/name] to my list of suggestions!