Twins are here!!

Hopefully a link to my first post!! (NEED HELP! Twins due in a few weeks, but still no names):

Hello again everyone!!
It turns out we didn’t have as long as we had thought to come up with names for our twins, as they decided to come a week and bit early!! And they’re a boy and a girl (finally :joy:)
We absolutely loved everyone’s name ideas, and we have (after a LOT of conversations) decided on [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]William[/name_u] for our 3rd boy and [name_f]Morag[/name_f] [name_u]Blessing[/name_u] for our girl.
We chose [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] as a tribute to my dear friend [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] who passed away unexpectedly earlier this year, I wanted to honour her but didn’t want to name our daughter [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] after her (as I feel it leaves a lot of expectations) and I didn’t like the long version of [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. However [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] was a way to honour her, and has the added bonus of being a family name on my husbands side!
We chose [name_u]William[/name_u] for the middle name as it’s just a timeless classic boys name, and if [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] decides he wants a bit more of a ‘mainstream’ name when he’s older he can use it.
We decided on [name_f]Morag[/name_f] for the girls name as we wanted our twins to have the same first initial, and we just loved the meaning and it’s a nod to my [name_u]Irish[/name_u] heritage (like our other kids’ names). [name_u]Blessing[/name_u] for the middle name is because she really is our little blessing, especially as I have always wanted a girl (and because I think I’m done with having kids for a while :joy:) and we just felt it was a lovely name.

Thank you for all the names suggested (even though we didn’t use any of them, I don’t think) they definitely gave us ideas when we were struggling!
Much love

• [name_u]Angie[/name_u] <3
41 Likes

Congratulations – I love their names! :heart:

Congratulations!! [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] and [name_f]Morag[/name_f] are so sweet together :green_heart:

Wow. [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] and [name_f]Morag[/name_f] are absolutely stunning! When I tell you my jaw dropped… oh, they’re totally brilliant! Congratulations - and a very warm welcome to your littles. 🩵🩷☺️🫶🏼

congratulations!!! magnus and morag make the coolest names for twins, and i love the meaning behind your choices. welcome magnus & morag! :yellow_heart:

1 Like

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to the world, [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]William[/name_u]!
🩵:cloud::evergreen_tree:

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to the world, [name_f]Morag[/name_f] [name_u]Blessing[/name_u]!
:star2::ocean::ballet_shoes:

They have such great names! Congratulations!!

congratulations!! so happy for you and what beautiful names for your twins <33

Congratulations!!

Wishing you all the best on your latest additions :white_heart:

Congratulations! their names are beautiful

What a cute pair!! Congratulations!

[name_f]Mag[/name_f] and Mog for nicknames!