Twins Nora/Nella and Elliott/Eloise

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all, what do you think of these combos for twin names?

How do you prefer to spell [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], do you like it as a boy or girl name more?

Any other combos, or thoughts on twins having matching first letters?

EDIT: thoughts on Nora and Nella as siblings and not twins? or is that even worse?
Not expecting, just really like to play around with names

1 Like

I think [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] sound beautiful and fit together great! Iā€™m not a fan of [name_f]Nella[/name_f] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]. I prefer [name_f]Nell[/name_f] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] as a boy name. I prefer the [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] spelling because itā€™s more symmetrical.

Theyā€™re pretty matchy but I think itā€™s sweet!

I like [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] as a boyā€™s name and would personally assume an [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] was a boy.

I like matching first initials for twins, but with [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] I think itā€™s a little too close because they share the next letter, too. [name_u]Emery[/name_u] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], or [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] would be nicer in my opinion.

I have been trying to find a way to make [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] more feminine for a while, glad to see someone else likes it too. What about Eliette and [name_f]Nora[/name_f]?

I think [name_f]Nella[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] would make a gorgeous pair if thatā€™s an option? Iā€™m not a huge fan of matching initials and I prefer [name_u]Eliot[/name_u] (I like this spelling) on a boy.

I think [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Nella[/name_f] sound too similar.
I like [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f].
I like [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] as a boy name.

Iā€™m not crazy about [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] on a girl. I do love both [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] if it were G/B twins some thoughts

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] & [name_f]Eliora[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] & [name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] & [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] & [name_f]Elena[/name_f]

Iā€™ve never heard of [name_f]Elliette[/name_f], I think thatā€™s interesting!

1 Like

Iā€™ve always liked the pairing of [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], though some say theyā€™re too matchy as well

2 Likes

Iā€™d try to avoid putting two names with strong ā€œellā€ sounds together, so Iā€™d go with [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]. (Also though Iā€™d use the [name_f]Norah[/name_f] spelling!)
I donā€™t hate [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] as a girl name but prefer it as a boy name. I think my favourite spelling of it is [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] - it feels the most phonetic.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything wrong with twins having matching first letters, but I think these combos are too similar. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Nella[/name_f] are both be nicknames for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] / [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f], so they feel like variations of the same name. And [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] could both be shortened to [name_f]Elle[/name_f] / [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], so you could have both kids going by the same name.

[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] is my favourite spelling for a girl - I think it looks the most feminine and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] or [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] could be cute nicknames :slight_smile:

Nella and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] would be lovely

Matching initials are fine but these are way too close. Sorry! [name_f]Nella[/name_f] & [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] would be cute.
I spell it [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and 100% prefer on a boy.

Nora & [name_f]Nella[/name_f] - Fine in my opinion
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] & [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] - Sound a bit too close. I would avoid using two [name_f]El[/name_f]- names together.

I prefer [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] for a boy and [name_f]Eliette[/name_f] for a girl.

1 Like

I think theyā€™re too matchy the way youā€™ve paired them, but I do really like [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] together.

Nella is very pretty but I think you could run the risk of having [name_f]Nella[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f] if you went with [name_f]Nella[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f].

I donā€™t particularly like [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] for a girl, and I donā€™t think itā€™s really a stylistic match for the other names.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] make darling names for twins.

I like [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] with this spelling, & I prefer it as a boyā€™s name but have also recently come to like it on a girl.

Nella is NMSAA but [name_f]Nora[/name_f] is really cute! [name_m]Can[/name_m] I suggest [name_f]Stella[/name_f]?

I like Ellio(t)t & [name_f]Eloise[/name_f].

Twins starting with the same letter can actually cause legal confusion! ANd honestly, I feel like making the names matchy isnā€™t the best thing to do, as these girls will be their own separate people.

My name is [name_f]Norah[/name_f] and and some point when I was much younger my little brother would call me [name_f]Nella[/name_f] - so I see the name [name_f]Nell[/name_f] as being more of a nickname to [name_f]Norah[/name_f] / [name_f]Nora[/name_f].
Unfortunately Iā€™m not a fan of [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] for a girl. Too many boys at school who had this name and I canā€™t shake the association.

Nora and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] would be so adorable. Also Iā€™m obviously a bit biased here but I used to hate having my name spelt without the ā€˜hā€™ and the name looks incomplete without it.

Nora and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] would be gorgeous!!!