Twins!

I am very excited to find out that my family will be welcoming twins! I want their gender to be a suprise (we do however know that they will be the same gender) and they have a beautiful older sister named [name]Meredith[/name]. Our last name is [name]Shepherd[/name] so tell me what you think!:

Twin Girls:
[name]Lana[/name] [name]Casey[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name] [name]George[/name] ([name]Ella[/name] as a nickname)
[name]Madelyn[/name] [name]Bailey[/name] ([name]Maddy[/name] for nickname)
[name]Bridget[/name] ____?
[name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] ([name]Sara[/name] for nickname)
[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Ann[/name] ([name]Kate[/name] for nickname)
[name]Scarlett[/name] __?
[name]Charlotte[/name]
we have a long girls name!

Twin Boys:
[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name] [name]Logan[/name]
[name]Christian[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]
[name]Logan[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name] ([name]Nate[/name])
[name]Jack[/name]

Ok so as you can see we have many options and need help narrowing it down! Thanks for all your help!

[name]Love[/name] the name [name]Meredith[/name] so much! With [name]Meredith[/name], I love*
Twin Girls:
[name]Lana[/name] [name]Casey[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name] [name]George[/name] ([name]Ella[/name] as a nickname) - this is a beautiful name, but so popular. I prefer [name]Mirabella[/name] nn [name]Mira[/name] or [name]Miri[/name].
*[name]Madelyn[/name] [name]Bailey[/name] ([name]Maddy[/name] for nickname) - spelled [name]Madeline[/name] or [name]Madeleine[/name], love nn [name]Maddy[/name].
*[name]Bridget[/name] ____? [name]Bridget[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Bridget[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Bridget[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name].
[name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] ([name]Sara[/name] for nickname) - I think I’m already tired of [name]Seraphina[/name]. It’s too bad. But lots of other people love it.
*[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Ann[/name] ([name]Kate[/name] for nickname) - love, but it’s very popular.
*[name]Scarlett[/name] __? - so pretty, [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Amandine[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Katherine[/name].
*[name]Charlotte[/name] - [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Adeline[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name].
You love girl’s names that end in “t”, I think.

Twin Boys:
*[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] - love
[name]Matthew[/name] [name]Logan[/name] - [name]Matthew[/name] has been popular for a long time. It is a very handsome name though.
[name]Christian[/name] - I guess it’s just me, but I always think of Christians when I hear this name. I am a [name]Christian[/name], so you’d think I’d like it. Lots of people love this name, so it must have its merits. I prefer [name]Christopher[/name], but it has been overdone.
[name]Tristan[/name]
[name]Logan[/name] - this seems trendy, but it’s very cute. I love [name]Gavin[/name], [name]Callum[/name], [name]Declan[/name], and [name]Corbin[/name] which are similar but not as popular.
*[name]Liam[/name]
*[name]Nathan[/name] ([name]Nate[/name]) - I love [name]Nathaniel[/name] even more.
*[name]Jack[/name] - I always love [name]Jack[/name] even though it’s so popular.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Trevor[/name]?

My thoughts on your names are:

Twin Girls:
[name]Lana[/name] [name]Casey[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] IT!!!
[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - I think if you are going to give one twin an M name then you should give both of them
[name]Isabella[/name] [name]George[/name] - Hate [name]Isabella[/name], love [name]George[/name]
[name]Madelyn[/name] [name]Bailey[/name] - It’s okay. Though I prefer the [name]Madeleine[/name] or [name]Madeline[/name] spelling
[name]Bridget[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Bridget[/name] [name]Mary[/name], [name]Bridget[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Bridget[/name].
[name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] - If you’re gonna call her [name]Sara[/name] then just name her [name]Sara[/name]. [name]Don[/name]'t take a lovely name and shorten it.
[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Ann[/name] - See above
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Renee[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Judith[/name], [name]Lilly[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name]

Twin Boys:
[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] - I love [name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name] [name]Logan[/name] - [name]Both[/name] names are way too popular
[name]Christian[/name] - my brothers name
[name]Tristan[/name] - boring
[name]Logan[/name] - too popular
[name]Liam[/name] - love [name]Liam[/name] even though its too popular
[name]Nathan[/name] - My 4th favourite boys name
[name]Jack[/name] - so over used

thanks so much! My husband really wants [name]Lana[/name] [name]Casey[/name] and although I do love that name, I am a little conserned about the way [name]Lana[/name] is spelled backwards. Should we still do it? And what name for the other twin?

However if we do have boys we have narrowed it down to
[name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Wyatt[/name]

As a Greys Anatomy fan, I have to admit to a little thrill of excitement at [name]Meredith[/name] [name]Shepherd[/name]! I think [name]Meredith[/name] is a beautiful name.

My favourite combo with [name]Meredith[/name] is [name]Lana[/name] [name]Casey[/name] & [name]Isabella[/name] [name]George[/name]. I like how both are feminine first names with the unisex mn. However, I would consider making it [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]George[/name] so that it doesn’t have so many more syllables than [name]Lana[/name] does.
The other name I really like with [name]Meredith[/name] is [name]Katherine[/name]. I think if you played around with the middle names this could be a great match for either [name]Isabelle[/name] or [name]Lana[/name]. [name]How[/name] about [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Bailey[/name]?
From the rest of your list, I wouldn’t use the M names with [name]Meredith[/name], and I don’t think [name]Bridget[/name] or [name]Seraphina[/name] fit.

From your boys’ names, I think [name]Nathan[/name] fits wonderfully with [name]Meredith[/name], and so does [name]Matthew[/name] (the M doesn’t bother me as much when the genders are different). I’m not sure about [name]Matthew[/name] and [name]Nathan[/name] together though. I like [name]Jack[/name], but it seems very short next to the rest of your names. [name]How[/name] about [name]Nathan[/name] and [name]Jackson[/name]?

[name]Love[/name] [name]Meredith[/name]. For the babies…

[name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name] ([name]Kate[/name]) would be my pic! I think they sound best with [name]Meredith[/name]!
Good [name]Luck[/name]!

My daughter’s name is [name]Alanna[/name] (can also be spelled [name]Alana[/name]), and her nn is [name]Lana[/name]. So you could always go that route. I think [name]Morgan[/name], [name]Madelyn[/name], or [name]Bridget[/name] go well with [name]Lana[/name].

Out of all your boy names I would have suggested [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Wyatt[/name], and also [name]Matthew[/name].

Congrats and good luck!

I’m sorry, I just find it hilarious that your daughter’s name is [name]Meredith[/name] and your last name is [name]Shepherd[/name]. So very [name]Grey[/name]'s Anatomy! But, her name is absolutely beautiful! [name]Lovely[/name] choice! Lets work on some equally beautiful names for your twins!

[name]Meredith[/name] is honestly fairly unique, even though it is a normal name. It has subtle feminine qualities without being overly frilly. It has a few nickname options, but nothing substantial. And, it is a Welsh name. So, knowing that and looking at the names you have suggested for your twins, here are my opinions:

[name]Lana[/name] [name]Casey[/name] - This name seems too blunt or short with the long [name]Meredith[/name], and I personally would like to see a more feminine middle name; [name]Alanna[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Shepherd[/name] would be nice.

[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - [name]Morgan[/name] seems like it peaked in popularity in the nineties, and I just don’t see it having the same WOW! factor as [name]Meredith[/name] likely does, now. However, it is Welsh.

[name]Isabella[/name] [name]George[/name] ([name]Ella[/name] as a nickname) - [name]Isabella[/name] is an exceedingly popular, and quite feminine name, that, though pretty with [name]Meredith[/name], doesn’t have quite the same feel. And, I worry that you could be getting into [name]Grey[/name]'s Anatomy characters too much with this name.

[name]Madelyn[/name] [name]Bailey[/name] ([name]Maddy[/name] for nickname) - [name]Madelyn[/name], especially with this spelling, is also rather popular. I like the spelling [name]Madeleine[/name], but it still seems off with [name]Meredith[/name]! Also, do you want another M name?

[name]Bridget[/name] ____? - I think [name]Bridget[/name] is getting closest to [name]Meredith[/name] in style. It isn’t overly feminine, yet it is a fairly unusual and pretty name. It doesn’t have too many nickname options, yet it is Irish, which is quite close to [name]Wales[/name]! I like this one a lot…

[name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] ([name]Sara[/name] for nickname) - Completely too frilly next to [name]Meredith[/name], even though I like it. [name]Sara[/name] alone could be cute!

[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Ann[/name] ([name]Kate[/name] for nickname) - I like [name]Catherine[/name], but I don’t see the WOW! factor next to [name]Meredith[/name]!

[name]Scarlett[/name] __? - Unlike most on Nameberry, I don’t share the positive feelings about [name]Scarlett[/name]. It honestly doesn’t sound particularly classy and elegant to me, even though I know that is how it is supposed to sound. It’s old-Hollywood feel again seems mismatched to [name]Meredith[/name].

[name]Charlotte[/name] - One of my absolute favorites, but honestly not next to [name]Meredith[/name]. [name]Meredith[/name] is a unisex (surname) name, and [name]Charlotte[/name] is a classic feminine name of royalty. I’d save it as a middle name!

Suggestions - I’m sorry to blow through your names like that, but I just don’t see all of them fitting perfectly with [name]Meredith[/name]. My two favorites were [name]Bridget[/name] and [name]Lana[/name], though I would change this to [name]Alanna[/name]. Some MORE names for you - [name]Brynn[/name], [name]Cerys[/name], [name]Guinevere[/name], [name]Gwendolyn[/name], [name]Megan[/name], [name]Morgana[/name], [name]Reese[/name], [name]Rhiannon[/name], [name]Tegan[/name], [name]Wynn[/name]. You do seem to have a bit of a favoring for unisex names (albeit, not blatantly obvious ones) being somewhere within the name, and my favorites for your twins, with [name]Meredith[/name], are:

[name]Reese[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Shepherd[/name] and [name]Tegan[/name] [name]Isabella[/name] [name]Shepherd[/name]***
[name]Reese[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Shepherd[/name] and [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Bridget[/name] [name]Shepherd[/name]***
[name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Bridget[/name] [name]Shepherd[/name] and [name]Morgana[/name] [name]George[/name] [name]Shepherd[/name]

[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] - I do really like [name]Meredith[/name] and [name]Wyatt[/name] together, as they both have that subtle surname feel. They are both familiar without being exceedingly popular.

[name]Matthew[/name] [name]Logan[/name] - I don’t think [name]Matthew[/name] has the WOW! factor to match [name]Meredith[/name], and I’m not fond of matching letters unless you can’t find something you otherwise love.

[name]Christian[/name] - I don’t honestly like most names with a [name]Chris[/name]- in front of them, but [name]Christian[/name] is workable. I don’t know if it is the best choice with [name]Meredith[/name], but it works…

[name]Tristan[/name] - This is perfect with [name]Meredith[/name]! I love it!

[name]Logan[/name] - I just don’t care for this name (call it bad associations)!

[name]Liam[/name] - It is a very cute name, but I think the trend factor is telling me to find something a bit more unique to go with [name]Meredith[/name].

[name]Nathan[/name] ([name]Nate[/name]) - I love [name]Nate[/name], but as a nickname for [name]Nathaniel[/name]. And, [name]Nathaniel[/name] just doesn’t work with [name]Meredith[/name].

[name]Jack[/name] - Always adorable and classy, but no special qualities when paired with [name]Meredith[/name], unfortunately. [name]Jackson[/name] could be a great middle name, though! Or [name]Jacoby[/name]!

Suggestions - Again, a big sorry for going through your names like that, but I don’t really think any are perfect with [name]Meredith[/name] besides [name]Tristan[/name], which I adore with your daughter’s name! [name]Tristan[/name] is Welsh, too, just like [name]Meredith[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it. Some MORE names for you - [name]Bowen[/name], [name]Broderick[/name], [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Owen[/name], [name]Rhys[/name]. I’m going to pair at least one of these with [name]Tristan[/name] because I think it is so perfect!

[name]Tristan[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Shepherd[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Shepherd[/name]***
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Shepherd[/name] and [name]Broderick[/name] “[name]Brody[/name]” [name]Logan[/name] [name]Shepherd[/name]

Best of luck in your name search!

For girls with big sister [name]Meredith[/name]:
I love pp’s suggestion of [name]Gwendolyn[/name]! Aside from my personal attachment to [name]Gwendolyn[/name], I agree that it works with [name]Meredith[/name] in that it is uncommon but recognizable, feminine but not at all frilly and it is also Welsh.
Others I like with [name]Meredith[/name] (and [name]Gwendolyn[/name]):
[name]Charlotte[/name] - it’s not Welsh but I do think it goes
[name]Rhiannon[/name] - Welsh, length matches, not frilly, not common
[name]Teagan[/name] - I like this one!
[name]Morgan[/name] - I like this one but I don’t like that it starts with M - would the second twin also have to start with M, or be left out?
[name]Eleanor[/name] - more popular than [name]Meredith[/name] but matches the length and elegance without being frilly.
[name]Darcy[/name] - a little surname-y like [name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Bronwyn[/name] - I love this! Maybe can’t use with [name]Gwendolyn[/name], but it sounds great with [name]Meredith[/name].

My votes with big sister [name]Meredith[/name]:
[name]Gwendolyn[/name] and [name]Teagan[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Bronwyn[/name] and [name]Teagan[/name]

I like the following of your names:
[name]Lana[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Isabella[/name] (uberpopular but pretty), [name]Bridget[/name], [name]Katherine[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name].

I love [name]Christian[/name], [name]Nate[/name] and [name]Jack[/name].

[name]Tristan[/name] (not bad - reminds me of the [name]Brad[/name] [name]Pitt[/name] character in Legends of the Fall) and [name]Liam[/name] are nice, too.

From the girls I like:
[name]Lana[/name]- this is really cute. ’
[name]Bridget[/name]- sounds super cute with big sis [name]Meredith[/name].
[name]Seraphina[/name]- I LOVEEEE this name. Although I like it spelled [name]Serafina[/name]. [name]Sera[/name] is a cute nickname, I also really like Fi (fee).
[name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] are also really cute, but obviously you couldnt use both.

For a g/g set I would pick either [name]Seraphina[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name]. If you don’t like the “double S” then I would use [name]Seraphina[/name] and [name]Bridget[/name].

Boys names I really like:
[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]- sounds really cute together
[name]Matthew[/name] [name]Logan[/name]- traditional, and timeless.
[name]Liam[/name]- loveeeee this name
[name]Nathan[/name]- one of my top names.

B/b set I would pick. [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Liam[/name], or [name]Nathan[/name] and [name]Matthew[/name]. I think I like [name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] and [name]Liam[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] ([name]Just[/name] an idea)

With your daughters name being [name]Meredith[/name], I think that I would stay away from naming one twin [name]Matthew[/name] and the other with another initial, or [name]Madison[/name]/[name]Madeline[/name]/[name]Morgan[/name] for one girl and not the other. I think that if you use [name]Matthew[/name] or [name]Morgan[/name], the other twin should have an M name too, but then it gets all cutesy with all the same initials.

From your names I like:
[name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Seraphine[/name]

[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] and [name]Christian[/name] [name]Logan[/name]