Twins?!

A couple weeks ago, I found out that I was going to have a girl. Two days ago, I was called by the hospital letting me know that they had some extra news for me. They discovered that I was not having one girl, I was having two! Twins! Aaah!
I have no idea how to prepare. I don’t have twin names. I’m not ready to care for twin babies, I’m only 25!
Such a coincidence that day was [name_m]Friday[/name_m] the 13th. I don’t feel unlucky though, just overwhelmed!
Now, I’m going to go out and buy one more of everything I already purchased. :slightly_smiling_face:
The twins are due [name_u]December[/name_u] 2nd!

10 Likes

Congratulations on your twins! Are they identical?
I have fraternal twin boys.

Not sure if they’re identical, but they’re both girls. :grinning:

3 Likes

Aw sweet :blush:
[name_m]Just[/name_m] remember it does get easier over time. Mine are two now and it’s wonderful that they have a playmate always there.
One of the most useful things to me were the little [name_m]Fisher[/name_m] [name_m]Price[/name_m] bouncers because they make it easy to move the babies from room to room.
I used to sit between them and feed them their bottles in those when they were impatient. :joy:

3 Likes

Aw, cute! It’s great that they’ll always have a playmate.

1 Like

Wow!! Congratulations x2! If it makes you feel any better it might be a cost savings compared to having 2 babies one after another??? Lol I would be having the same Aaahhhh reaction as you too. There are probably many hidden benefits though!! Good luck!

1 Like

Oh my gosh that’s such short notice! [name_f]My[/name_f] mom found out she was having twins on [name_f]April[/name_f] Fools day (she berated the doctor for the unfunny “joke”) but my brother and sister were born around Halloween.

I wouldn’t worry about “twin names” they’re each their own person and don’t need matching names. Odds are that the names you like will fit well together as sister names regardless.

I’m not going to underplay how hard twins can be (I’m not a mom, but I know it was hard for my own mother) but it’s absolutely within you to take care of these babies. Try to get a good group of family/Friends to help you through the twin transition and make sure you leave room on your tree for lots of little ornaments! Three decades, two moves, and a house fire later and my mom still has TONS that people gave my brother and sister when they were born. I can’t even imaging what’s coming for you with their due date in [name_u]December[/name_u]!

1 Like

I like names for twins that have the same first letter but don’t sound the same.

Scarlett and [name_f]Sienna[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] and [name_u]Eden[/name_u]

2 Likes

Congratulations!! :smiley: That’s amazing !!! :blush:

Good luck on the last stretch of your pregnancy journey :wink:

So, did you have any ideas for names when you knew you were having a girl? I think we should start with any previous ideas and get a vibe of your style and go from there. I would love to help!! :wink:

2 Likes

Seconding EJ, and congratulations!!

2 Likes

Thanks so much! :blush:
I was thinking about [name_u]Avery[/name_u] and the name Arden as well, or other short but sweet, unique names.
Also considering the name [name_u]Seven[/name_u] or [name_u]Eleven[/name_u], but don’t really know. Those might be a bit too out there.

1 Like

Avery and [name_u]Arden[/name_u] would be AMAZING twins!!

Ok so I went way overboard and have a lot of ideas!! :grin: Enjoy!! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you find some you like!

some ideas:
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]
[name_u]Auden[/name_u]
[name_u]Ashby[/name_u]
[name_u]Ashton[/name_u]
[name_f]Clover[/name_f]
[name_f]Birdie[/name_f]
[name_u]Billie[/name_u]
[name_f]Lilac[/name_f]
[name_f]Zelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Zita[/name_f]
[name_u]Perry[/name_u]
[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Nella[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Winslet[/name_f]
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_u]Bliss[/name_u]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_u]Larkin[/name_u]
[name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_u]Emery[/name_u]
[name_u]Fifer[/name_u]
[name_f]Jolie[/name_f]
[name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_f]Juna[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Fawn[/name_f]
[name_u]Bird[/name_u]

3 Likes

Oh my goodness, that’s a ton of ideas! Thank you so, so much. Some of my absolute favorites are:
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Jolie[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Birdie[/name_f]
[name_u]Billie[/name_u]
Thanks again. Really appreciate it! :hugs:

2 Likes

Wow, that’s very short notice. How come they only found out now that it’s twins? You didn’t have any prenatal scans? I’m expecting twin boys in [name_u]January[/name_u] and I’m having a hard time getting used to the idea, even though I found out much sooner than you.

6 Likes

I had this thought too because I found out at 7 weeks. :woman_shrugging:t2:
I have heard of some cases where they miss one in the beginning though. But usually they find it at some point during a scan.

3 Likes

Yeah, I can imagine they miss it on the first scan, but even that’s pretty rare I’d say. Also, how did they find out all of a sudden while not doing a scan, since they called to tell her?

4 Likes

Congratulations on your twins!! Good luck on finding their names! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

:woman_shrugging:t2: not sure. I haven’t heard of that before.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree. I had no idea until the 13th. I was really surprised that they didn’t find out earlier.