Two Boy Names for Triplets

My partner and I already have [name]Henry[/name] (9) and [name]Julian[/name] (8) and she is now expecting Triplets! Gotta watch that fertility business and egg splitting! The boys will be identical twins. We have picked the girl’s name as [name]Honor[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name] (to honour her two moms - [name]Sara[/name] and [name]Helen[/name]) and intend to call her [name]Sinclair[/name]. Now we are stuck for the boys. We liked [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Owen[/name] - but they seem to be getting too popular.

We are considering -

[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]
Huebert - then called [name]Hugh[/name] or
[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Niels[/name]
[name]Edgar[/name] - seriously!
[name]Jasper[/name]

and then if we stay with the old Puritan names

[name]Noam[/name]
[name]Jabez[/name]
[name]Israel[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Tobiah[/name]
[name]Laban[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Ezekiel[/name] -
Esek - family history with this one and
[name]Ichabod[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name] - is this the new [name]Levi[/name] ?
[name]Jubal[/name] - or this one?

No’s are to [name]Rufus[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Rupert[/name], [name]Nigel[/name] and [name]Graeme[/name] as first names but not ruled out as middles.

Any one with some nice vintage thoughts?

[name]Arthur[/name], [name]Leopold[/name], [name]Vincent[/name], [name]Carsten[/name], [name]Basil[/name], [name]Raymond[/name], [name]Archie[/name], [name]Peter[/name], and [name]Quentin[/name]

[name]Adrian[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name], and [name]Lucian[/name] (those names are among my favorites and I think that one or more of them would work well in that sibset).

Well, from your list, I really dig [name]Edgar[/name] (really!) and think he’d add a nice “goodfella” note into your existing set. [name]Edgar[/name] [name]Hugh[/name] & [name]Alfred[/name] [name]James[/name] would be my jazzy boy picks. I’d nickname them [name]Ed[/name] & [name]Fritz[/name]! If you wanted smoother feeling, [name]Simon[/name] [name]Graeme[/name] & [name]Jasper[/name] Esek definitely get a vote from me as combos, They feel perfect with [name]Henry[/name] & [name]Julian[/name]!

Some other thoughts:

[name]George[/name], [name]Charles[/name], [name]Felix[/name] (Oooh, [name]Simon[/name] & [name]Felix[/name] would be fantastic!), [name]Vincent[/name], [name]Frederick[/name], [name]Roman[/name], [name]Victor[/name], [name]Raphael[/name] or [name]Marcus[/name] maybe?

[name]Lola[/name] - thank you so much! I had totally forgotten about [name]Fritz[/name] for [name]Fred[/name] names! It is jazzy enough to be hip, cute enough for a little boy and stands very well into adulthood. [name]Alfred[/name] has shot to the top of our list. I am still pushing [name]Edgar[/name], but lean more towards the [name]Ned[/name] or [name]Ted[/name] nickname. [name]Julian[/name]'s mn is [name]Edward[/name] with the idea that if [name]Julian[/name] was just too effeminate a name we would use the mn. But he is a [name]Julian[/name] through and through. We got lots of family flack over [name]Julian[/name]. But we are used to flack, suffered through lots of the grands and step-grands wanting to call [name]Henry[/name] - [name]Harry[/name], [name]Hank[/name] or [name]Hal[/name]. [name]Hal[/name] was our suggestion and has remained our family name for him.

So [name]Honor[/name] [name]Sinclair[/name], [name]Alfred[/name] ([name]James[/name], maybe at the very least we would be okay with AJ!) and [name]Edgar[/name] mn. I like the vowel sounds of the all the first names and so does [name]Helen[/name]. We have about 6 weeks left - so we’ll see. Thanks!

I’m glad I could help! [name]Hal[/name] is my favorite nickname for [name]Henry[/name] (and if I could guarantee [name]Hal[/name], I’d use [name]Henry[/name] myself).

Please come back and let us know what you chose! :smiley:

Ooh, I’ve got to agree with [name]Edgar[/name]! (It’s got more kick than [name]Edmund[/name]) I think Latino usage of [name]Edgar[/name] is helping to wash away the stuffy, old-man vibe in the US, but it’s no [name]Jose[/name]. [name]Edgar[/name] seems like a surprising choice, but not in a “What were they thinking!?” kind of way.

I also like [name]Hugh[/name], [name]Niels[/name], [name]Simon[/name], [name]Tobiah[/name], and [name]Ezra[/name].

I have to admit I love [name]Edgar[/name]. [name]Just[/name] not [name]Egbert[/name]. And who can resist [name]Eddie[/name] or [name]Gary[/name]? [name]Edgar[/name] sounds good with [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Julian[/name], and [name]Sinclair[/name] fits with them. If you really want to use a Puritan name, [name]Israel[/name]'s the best. Good luck!

Ok im confused, are you having triplets ot twins…? You said both so… Im confused.