Two combos on my mind

As I’ve mentioned before one of my favorite boy’s names is [name]Sebastian[/name]. What do you think of the combo [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]? [name]Do[/name] you think it’s too long (last name would be 2 syllables)? ([name]Gabriel[/name] is another favorite of mine, but because it’s fairly popular where I live I’d probably be more likely to use it as a middle name.)

The other combo is my old favorite for a girl that I was thinking about again today. I’m not sure if it’s one I’d actually use or not (considering that it may be dated and/or boring to a lot of people and there’s others that I like more) but is still significant in that it was my favorite girl’s combo for a long time years ago. The combo is [name]Melissa[/name] [name]Anne[/name]. WDYT?

My best friend’s name is [name]Melissa[/name], and as a child of the nineties I grew up around tons of girls with the name. It is very dated to me but it is still a lovely name that has great nickname potential. Most of the ones I knew growing up went by [name]Mel[/name] or [name]Mellie[/name], but I love Lissy or [name]Lissa[/name] as a nickname. [name]Melissa[/name] [name]Anne[/name] is pretty, though the “sa” sound and the “an” sound elide so it sounds like Melissanne. [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] is great. Not too long. I love [name]Sebastian[/name]. A personal favorite as well :slight_smile:

My sister’s name is [name]Melissa[/name] [name]Anne[/name]! Although it’s plain, I like it. I also have a cousin [name]Melanie[/name] [name]Anne[/name] which is very similar. You might like that. [name]Gabriel[/name] is such a cute name!

I adore both names, altho not sure if a common name is important to you or not, but [name]Sebastian[/name] is climbing the charts and [name]Gabriel[/name] is already there. But have loved both names forever. <3

As for [name]Melissa[/name]? I also think it’s outdated. I think [name]Melina[/name] would make a nice alternative if you are interested. [name]Anne[/name] is a classic and will age well. [name]Melina[/name] [name]Anne[/name] sounds nice too. :slight_smile:

I like [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]. I don’t think it’s too long. My cousin’s name is [name]Melissa[/name] [name]Anne[/name] (late 20s), so yes, it feels a little dated, but that’s not necessarily bad if you have strong reasons for liking it.

What about [name]Millicent[/name]? Or [name]Melisande[/name] if you’re feeling a bit more adventurous. They have a very similar sound but they’re not dated in the same way (unless you think that being dated over hundred years ago is dated). Otherwise I think [name]Melissa[/name] is a very pleasing name. I’m not sure I would pair it with [name]Anne[/name] though, for the same reason the other poster suggested - they tend to run together. [name]Melissa[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Melissa[/name] [name]Clare[/name] or [name]Melissa[/name] [name]Grace[/name] might work better.

[name]Sebastien[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] is very cute although I might go for a shorter middle name. However, if you really love [name]Gabriel[/name] then don’t hesitate to use it as a first name even if it is popular. You don’t want to later regret not using your first choice. Anyway, I don’t think boys mind having common names very much. When we were growing up I had a very common name and my brother’s was very unusual. [name]Both[/name] of us hated our names for those reasons and would gladly have traded if we could.

I love the combo of [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] OR [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]! I agree with a previous poster that [name]Melissa[/name] is “dated”, and I love the suggestion of [name]Melina[/name] [name]Anne[/name]. Although, I do like [name]Melissa[/name]…how about [name]Allison[/name]? (It reminds me of [name]Melissa[/name].)

OT of the subject of this thread, but actually I wouldn’t like having a very common name myself (e.g. in general the boy’s names that have been very common for a long time are not my style), and I am male.

[name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] feels like an ordinary-length name.

[name]Don[/name]'t give up an old favorite just because it’s out of style. It’s painful enough to give up a name because it’s become too common.

[name]Sabastian[/name] is among my favorites on my list of future boy names.
I personally like:
[name]Sabastian[/name] Rosdale
[name]Sabastian[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] ([name]Zander[/name])
[name]Sabastian[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Sabastian[/name] [name]Blake[/name]

The only worry with [name]Melissa[/name] [name]Anne[/name] is that it wouldn’t stand out in a sib-set next to [name]Sabastian[/name].

I probably won’t be using them together; the [name]Melissa[/name] combo is more or less a “hypothetical” one.

There are so many names from the 80’s on that I love and one of them is [name]Melissa[/name]. I really dislike the nn of [name]Mel[/name] though and feel that the nn of [name]Lissa[/name] is great but I think that the fact that people would automatically go for the nn [name]Mel[/name] would probably make me turn away from it.

[name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] is nice but [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] is better and it has the same feel. I would keep it on my list though because it is such a handsome name.

I agree with [name]Rollo[/name] here! [name]Melissa[/name] does sound a little dated, but it has such a pretty sound that maybe it could be fresh again? [name]Lissa[/name] is beautiful; I think you could avoid the nn [name]Mel[/name] with a little effort.

[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Gabriel[/name] are very nice names, and to me they have the exact same style/feel: soft with a slight European flair (which is cool.) My style leans toward slightly stronger names, so I personally would pair either of these with a more traditional, solid choice. I’m not great at thinking of pairs, maybe something like [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]James[/name] or [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Luke[/name]? I also liked [name]Rollo[/name]'s [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]. But if you’re going for a softer sound, [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] sounds nice and is not too long, in my opinion.

I think [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] is fine as long as your last name isn’t too long. I do think [name]Melissa[/name] is pretty, but it is dated. Instead of [name]Melissa[/name], what about [name]Elissa[/name]? (Might be too similar/the same as [name]Alyssa[/name], which is popular and has been for a while, though)