Two months left...

Looking for a girl name. While we still have a long list, here are the top contenders. We like feminine, maybe Biblical, preferably not super popular. Our first child has a somewhat obscure Biblical name.

[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]-(I MUST have this spelling, hubby not yet on board… And we can’t agree on a nn)
[name_f]Leah[/name_f]-(too popular? Name meaning not great)
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f]-(might like this better for the middle name)
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]- (does this scream 1980s?)
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]- (probably too popular, but we both like it)
[name_f]Joy[/name_f]- (hubby can’t decide if he likes or hates this)

Some other names on the list are:[name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], etc.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks, Berries!

Elisabeth Noelle ‘Beth’ would make a great combo for you I think…gives you your Elisabeth, Noelle in the middle and Beth without being too 1980’s as Bethany can be. Or, you could even call Elisabeth, Lily as it is a diminutive of Elisabeth (which might get your husband more on board). The combo does contain two -el- sounds, but it’s not too much I don’t think. If you’re into three name combos, Elisabeth Joy Noelle would be nice.

Biblical female names
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_f]Rachel[/name_f]
[name_f]Candace[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Joanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Abra[/name_f]
[name_f]Dinah[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Havilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Magdalen[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Judith[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]

Personally, I prefer the names in your second list: [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f] (though not [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] as that’s gaining popularity).

[name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]

[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] would be a really cute nickname for [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]
You and your husband could always call her by different nicknames that are special to you and she could be whatever she wanted in school

Me too! I love the second list. I do love [name_f]Leah[/name_f] and [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] from the first list. Suggestions, sorry for repeats:

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]