Ugh too many choices!

• Henry Evan Daphne Andrew
  • Henry Evan Daphne Bennett
  • Henry Evan Daphne Theodore
  • Henry Evan Daphne Benjamin
  • Henry Evan Daphne Dean

0 voters

Would love thoughts on each. Each has pros and cons so having trouble making a decision. We like them all but for different reasons and it’s like going around in circles to try and decide. I think each would fit well but which fits best and feels like a natural complete picture.

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m]

[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] - this seems a bit dated to me compared to the other names.

[name_u]Owen[/name_u] - I like it a lot but it’s a little close to [name_u]Evan[/name_u].

[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] - I like [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]. I this it only feels a little off here because it’s a biblical name and the others are not.

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - This is my favorite with the sibset. I think it fits perfectly.

I’d be inclined to go for [name_u]Owen[/name_u] or [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]. The ‘n’ ending rounds off the sibset and you’ll have a pattern with alternate ‘ee’ and N endings.

Would you keep all four in mind and see which one baby looks like when he is born?

[name_f]My[/name_f] first choice would be [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]! Traditional and classic with a cutesy, down to earth vibe I feel like it fits so well with the sibling names and the nicknames [name_u]Theo[/name_u] or [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] are wonderful!

Second choice would be [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]! Again I feel like it meshes well with the siblings, it’s friendly, and the nickname [name_m]Ben[/name_m] is super cute!

[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] is in the third spot for me. It feels a bit dated next to the sibling names, but still fits well. It’s super sweet and classic and overall a great name!

[name_u]Owen[/name_u] is bit too close to [name_u]Evan[/name_u] for my taste which is why I put it in the fourth spot.

Andrew. I like how it is a similar style to Evan, starts with a vowel, two syllables, nickname options.

In my opinion Andrew is timeless while Owen is a little trendy, and sounds too similar to Evan! Benjamin just doesn’t fit as well in my opinion! Theodore would fit… but it’s a little loud compared to the other names :slight_smile:

[name_m]Andrew[/name_m]- I love this name so much, it was on my top lists for years. But I knew so many [name_m]Andrews[/name_m], it was a bit overly common for me. So I now adore it’s variant, [name_m]André[/name_m].
Ignoring the popularity, it’s so handsome, it literally means strong and manly which is a fantastic meaning. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[name_u]Owen[/name_u]- I think this is my favourite with your sibset. I know you’ve expressed concerns of [name_u]Evan[/name_u] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] being too similar, but I think they’re fine together.
[name_u]Owen[/name_u] is so sweet and charming. :leaves:

[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]- This would be my least favourite from your group, but not by a lot. I also know a lot of Benjamins, it sounds teddybearish and so sweet! [name_m]Ben[/name_m] is a lovely nickname, and so is [name_m]Benny[/name_m]! :heart_eyes:. But I really dislike [name_m]Benji[/name_m].

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]- Similar cuddly, adorable vibes to [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]. This is a name I’ve been growing to really love. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nickname [name_u]Theo[/name_u] for it, incredibly handsome. :fox_face:

[name_f]My[/name_f] winner is [name_u]Owen[/name_u], but you can’t go wrong. I hope you figure out a name soon, I know how irritatingly tough it is to find the perfect one!
Xx🍃

With hoping to be helpful and shortening your list in mind I would eliminate [name_u]Owen[/name_u] as it feels too close to [name_u]Evan[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] first choice is [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts-

Andrew-I like it. I’m probably a little tired of it just in general. It’s been popular for so many years. Which means it’s classic, at least. I feel like [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] is a good balance of feeling warm and kind but still strong, solid & masculine. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_u]Andy[/name_u] or [name_u]Drew[/name_u]? I guess either/or are unavoidable, but I’d be hesitant to use [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] if you really disliked both of those common and natural nns. I do think that this goes nicely with your kids’ names.

Owen-I really adore [name_u]Owen[/name_u]. It’s a bit common, but not too terribly over done. It’s old fashioned but doesn’t feel old. It’s a good balance of woodsy outdoorsy guy but also with a gentle vibe. I don’t think that it’s too close to [name_u]Evan[/name_u]? It definitely goes really well with [name_u]Henry[/name_u].

Benjamin-It’s a beautiful classic that works well with your kids’ names. It is super popular though, if that bothers you. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like Ben(ny)? I would think a [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] would naturally get called [name_m]Ben[/name_m] whether you like it or not even more than [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] getting [name_u]Andy[/name_u] or [name_u]Drew[/name_u].

Theodore-It’s super charming and lovable. It’s supposed less common than [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] even, but I hear it more in real life it seems. It’s adorable and popular for a good reason. It has a lot of great nns. I personally like [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] a lot, but not really [name_m]Ted[/name_m]. [name_u]Theo[/name_u] is natural and really cute.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] my rambling helps. :slight_smile:

In all honesty they are all a bit too popular for me. [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] more so because its consistently popular across time but the other three are very popular right now although I know more [name_m]Andrews[/name_m] than anything else. I’d prefer out of top 100 but they all have reasons for not working as well. [name_u]Dean[/name_u] is close to the other siblings I think. [name_m]Graham[/name_m] is nice but the one syllable is again tough as I’m a naturally nicknamer so names like [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] (Drew) and [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] (Ben) feel more natural with my other kids. This time around its just seemingly impossible to hit all the marks. I adore [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] but seems a bit dated for the group and don’t love [name_u]Artie[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] top picks are [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_u]Everett[/name_u] but taken/too close to sibs! :upside_down_face:

I would say either [name_u]Owen[/name_u] or [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] fits the best. I think I prefer [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] if you’re using [name_u]Theo[/name_u] as a NN, but I think either of these would work well.

[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] would also work well, but I don’t think that [name_m]Ben[/name_m] works as well as [name_u]Owen[/name_u] or [name_u]Theo[/name_u].

[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] feels a bit out of place to me, especially compared to [name_f]Daphne[/name_f].

I’m still a fan of [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] or [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u]!

I like [name_u]Henry[/name_u] [name_u]Evan[/name_u] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] although aren’t [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_u]Evan[/name_u] kind of the same name?

I like [name_u]Henry[/name_u] [name_u]Evan[/name_u] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]. All classics.

I dislike [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] because they seem like stuck-up, priggish names to me.

[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] - solid and classic, has nice nickname options. [name_f]My[/name_f] only drawback is it feels a bit lacklustre next to your kids

[name_u]Owen[/name_u] - a warm, rugged sounding name, versatile and easy to say and spell. Drawback would be [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_u]Evan[/name_u] share similar sounds? It’s not too much though

[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] - solid, charming, good nickname potential and versatile. I like [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]. Drawback would be popularity and whether you mind it being longer than your other names

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - classic, handsome with a hint of flair. I like it! Drawbacks are the same as [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]

Theodore is my firm favourite with your set :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: both youthful and timeless which I think also describes your existing names.

Benjamin would come next, I think it’s similar to Henry in being ubiquitously popular but still classic and appealing.

I agree with others that Owen is too close to Evan both visually and when said aloud.

Andrew is just in middle aged man territory for me, and not in a stylish retro way. It really doesn’t fit with the sibset imho.

I personally think [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] with the nn [name_u]Theo[/name_u] would fit in best. But I do really like [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] & [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] too.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I like all of your options but my favourites are [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]!

I like [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] but it’s a bit too popular for my liking I think (but if not for you then that’s great too!) and I find [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] a little dated.

From my two favourites I think ultimately [name_u]Owen[/name_u] goes best with the others. I like that they’re similar lengths and have 2 syllables.

Thanks everyone.! Really great insights and help. Hubby is agreeing with Owen too similar but I really like it. Thinking:

Theodore Michael (TMS)

Or

Andrew Theodore (ATS)

Or

Benjamin Michael (BMS)

Or

Benjamin Theodore (BTS)

Or

Benjamin Andrew (BAS)

Or

Owen Theodore (OAS)

Thoughts? Order of favs? Any that pop out as great or eh?

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] or [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

1 Like

I’d vote Theodore Michael or Benjamin Theodore :relaxed:

1 Like

Does [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] feel like the perfect fit or does classic [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] work better?

I’m sorry choosing a name for your little one has felt difficult!
You truly have wonderful options and great naming style. You can not go wrong on any of your choices.

These are my thoughts on your most recent list.

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]: this is not my personal style. For me personally, it feels very buttoned-up and formal. Does that describe your family and your personal style? I have a few friends that I can absolutely imagine it on their children, but it would just seem a bit much for my own family’s laid-back, casual style.

[name_m]Andrew[/name_m]: Swoon. [name_m]Just[/name_m] so handsome. A classic I never tire of hearing. Whether it’s a grown man or a baby, [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] is just so refreshing to hear. I love it. It fits in perfectly with [name_u]Evan[/name_u], but maybe a tad informal compared to [name_u]Henry[/name_u] and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]? Not enough that I would be surprised to see it in the sibling set. I love [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] so much that I would be thrilled to see it in any sibling set.

[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]: this feels like the perfect middle place between [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]. A classic that is buttoned up, yet has a casual feel as well. [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] seems like the very best choice for the sibling set. It actually fits perfectly. [name_u]Henry[/name_u], [name_u]Evan[/name_u], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]. However, do you love it? [name_f]My[/name_f] daughter has a [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] in her class and when I hear her say his name, it just makes me smile. It’s just that kind of name for me.

[name_u]Owen[/name_u]: I’ve long loved this name, but I agree with the previous posts that it sounds very similar to [name_u]Evan[/name_u].

1 Like