Um....

Im really crushing on the name [name_m]Adolf[/name_m]…
Im actually embarrassed to admit this. But I like the sound of it.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think the name is too associated with Hitler to never be used again?

I’d stick with [name_m]Rudolf[/name_m] or [name_m]Rolf[/name_m].

You don’t have anything to be embarrassed about. We all have our guilty pleasures.

I don’t think [name_m]Adolf[/name_m]/[name_m]Adolph[/name_m] will ever be able to be used as a name again - not even on a pet. That association is going to last for the rest of the foreseeable future.

I actually think it’s a nice sounding name too! Completely unusable, but it would probably be on my list if it weren’t for Hitler! I have [name_m]Abel[/name_m] on my list though, which is kind of close…

Yeah, I agree with splinteredruler. I don’t think it’s usable now and don’t see it ever becoming usable, at least not for a couple centuries.

Yeah, I don’t see it ever being usable. I know a family with the surname [name_m]Adolph[/name_m], which is one thing, but to willingly put it up front? I wouldn’t do it.

I agree with everyone. I was even going to suggest [name_m]Abel[/name_m], which I know you like too. :slight_smile: I can’t see [name_m]Adolf[/name_m] ever being usable again, but do agree it has a great sound. I feel the same way about [name_m]Fidel[/name_m]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] this name but don’t think it will ever be useable again because of Castro.

I was scared that I was going to be reading supportive comments for using [name_m]Adolf[/name_m]. Thank God that’s not the case.

No to [name_m]Adolf[/name_m]. [name_m]Just[/name_m]…no.

I don’t like [name_m]Adolf[/name_m]. Perhaps [name_m]Adolph[/name_m] would be a slightly better choice.

Definitely still extremely unusable, maybe in a hundred years but I don’t even know about then…

[name_m]Adolf[/name_m] Hitler, a devilish psychopath and mass murderer. Stay away from this name.

If Satan is unusable, [name_m]Adolf[/name_m] is unusable. In fact, [name_m]Adolf[/name_m] is even more unusable than Satan, because Hitler was real. [name_f]Do[/name_f] not, under any circumstances, use this name. Not even for a fish.

Too associated with Hitler to ever be used again.

I was just thinking about this name the other day. Weird. Usually, it has to be a really, really bad association (say for instance [name_m]Adolf[/name_m] Hitler) for me to say the name is unusable. It would be a nice name if it weren’t for Hitler, so no - never, ever going to be usable again.

There’s nothing wrong with liking the name. Like the others have said though, definitely avoid using it.

It will never be usable. At least for a few more centuries. I do agree with you that it has a great sound though. Keep it on your guilty pleasure list.

Definitely not a useable name. But I love [name_m]Abel[/name_m]

Like the sound, but thanks to Hitler it will never be usable again. People are just now coming back around to [name_m]German[/name_m] names in general thanks to the anti-german feelings he sparked all over the world.

It’s a good handsome name that is unfortunately unusable. :frowning: same with [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m] one of my guilty pleasures