Uncommon R Girl names

My sons name is [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_m]Maddox[/name_m], I love very uncommon names & we want to find another R name for a girl, the only one I’ve seen so far that I like is [name_u]Raven[/name_u]. I like unusual/uncommon/magical.

1 Like

Some of my uncommon R favorites:

[name_f]Rochelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_u]Roux[/name_u]
[name_f]Reine[/name_f]
[name_f]Regina[/name_f]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_u]Reagan[/name_u]

what about these?

[name_f]Rianna[/name_f]
[name_u]Riley[/name_u]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_u]Reagan[/name_u]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_f]Rinah[/name_f]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_f]Romelle[/name_f] “[name_f]Romi[/name_f]”
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruthann[/name_f]

[name_f]Raisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Romilda[/name_f]
Ryllis
[name_f]Ronia[/name_f]
[name_m]Ramie[/name_m]
[name_m]Rossi[/name_m]
Radha
[name_u]Rue[/name_u]

[name_f]Rica[/name_f] or [name_f]Reva[/name_f], [name_f]Rivka[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f], [name_f]Regina[/name_f], [name_f]Renata[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Rowena[/name_f], [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_f]Ramona[/name_f], [name_f]Ruth[/name_f], [name_f]Rhea[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f].

[name_f]Romilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Raisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Raquel[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhea[/name_f] - love this one!
[name_f]Riva[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosaria[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]

[name_f]Raina[/name_f]
[name_f]Riva[/name_f]
[name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]

If you like [name_u]Raven[/name_u], you might like [name_f]Ravenna[/name_f].

[name_f]Renate[/name_f] ([name_f]Renata[/name_f])
[name_f]Reva[/name_f]/[name_f]Reeva[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]

[name_f]Reverie[/name_f]
[name_f]Renata[/name_f]
Roya
[name_m]Rowe[/name_m]/ [name_f]Roe[/name_f]
[name_u]Rue[/name_u]
[name_m]Rooney[/name_m]

I think a Latin/Greek derivative/mythological name would also link them nicely. Such as…

[name_f]Renata[/name_f]/[name_f]Renate[/name_f] - means reborn in Latin
[name_f]Rhea[/name_f] - means ‘a flowing stream’. Mother of all the Greek Gods
[name_u]Risa[/name_u] - nameberry says a variation of [name_f]Larisa[/name_f], meaning citadel from Greek, but gives it the meaning ‘Laughing’, from Latin
[name_f]Roanna[/name_f] - similar to [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] or [name_f]Rosanna[/name_f], meaning sweet from Latin
[name_f]Rosalba[/name_f] - white rose, from Latin ‘[name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_f]Alba[/name_f]’
[name_f]Rufina[/name_f] - red haired, from Latin

[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] is my favorite unusual “R” name. The “R” names I like are fairly few and far between, so that’s the only one I’d say I love, but what about:

[name_f]Roselle[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalba[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rowena[/name_f]
[name_f]Rora[/name_f] (usually a nn for [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], but I suppose it could work alone as well–if [name_f]Lola[/name_f]'s a standalone, why not [name_f]Rora[/name_f], too?)
[name_f]Rivka[/name_f] (Hebrew original form of [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f], I believe!)
Racheline (not even sure this is legit, but I love [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], and I came across this a while back and thought it was beautiful! I love the idea of [name_m]Roman[/name_m] and Racheline!)
[name_f]Raquel[/name_f]

Good luck!

[name_f]Ravenna[/name_f]
[name_u]Ripley[/name_u]
[name_f]Reverie[/name_f]
[name_f]Roisin[/name_f]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosina[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxana[/name_f]
[name_f]Rowena[/name_f]

Everyone already listed the ones I can think of, but I particularly second [name_f]Rowena[/name_f], [name_f]Ravenna[/name_f] and [name_f]Renata[/name_f]. Those are gorgeous.

[name_m]Roman[/name_m] is such a sweet name. What about [name_m]Rooney[/name_m]? The fun part is using the nickname Roo! Here are some other suggestions for you!

[name_u]Reese[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_u]Rue[/name_u]
[name_u]Regan[/name_u]
[name_u]Romy[/name_u]
[name_f]Rowena[/name_f]
[name_f]Ravena[/name_f]
Ranada
[name_u]Remington[/name_u] ([name_u]Remi[/name_u])
[name_f]Rhapsody[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxanne[/name_f]
[name_f]Rheta[/name_f]
Rosetti
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Reena[/name_f]

I’ll cast another vote for [name_m]Rooney[/name_m], that one is darling and unique.

[name_f]Romilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Reverie[/name_f]
[name_u]Rio[/name_u]
[name_f]Rafaela[/name_f]/[name_f]Raphaela[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhoswen[/name_f]

Sorry for any repeats.

What about [name_f]Rainbow[/name_f], [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Rowena[/name_f], Runa or [name_m]Rune[/name_m]?

The first name that popped into mind for me was Wrenly, obviously you could drop the W and make for Renly! Cute and different.

My favorite is [name_f]Rania[/name_f] (RAH-nee-uh). It’s the name of the [name_f]Queen[/name_f] of [name_u]Jordan[/name_u], and is very uncommon and magical sounding to me. It’s very rare for some reason, but I think it’s lovely. I also like Reya, [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], and [name_f]Raina[/name_f]/[name_f]Reina[/name_f] :).