Undiscovered or Rare, Vintage, Old Fashioned

I’m looking for undiscovered old fashioned gems for boys and girls. My current name crush for girls is [name_f]Hilde[/name_f] short for [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f]. Any names along that vein would be appreciated. The rarer the better.

I don’t have any suggestions but I wanted to say that I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Hilde[/name_f]!!

Alce/[name_f]Alcina[/name_f]–a sister of [name_f]Morgana[/name_f], and also a sorceress
[name_f]Melda[/name_f]
[name_f]Permelia[/name_f]
Diadema–from Diadem, relating to the jewels in a crown
[name_f]Sophronia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybilla[/name_f]
Aspasie
Pelagie

[name_m]Olivier[/name_m]
[name_m]Gamaliel[/name_m]
Shubael
[name_m]Melchior[/name_m]
[name_m]Erastus[/name_m]
Eudo–old Norse/[name_m]Norman[/name_m] name
[name_m]Josiah[/name_m]

Boys
[name_m]Castor[/name_m]
[name_m]Pollux[/name_m]
[name_m]Aneurin[/name_m]
Mycroft
Mithras
[name_m]Horus[/name_m]
Wodan
Cenric
Godric

Girls
[name_f]Heloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelais[/name_f]
[name_f]Thais[/name_f]
[name_f]Lovisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Leda[/name_f]
[name_f]Gita[/name_f]
[name_f]Priya[/name_f]
Hathor
[name_f]Alda[/name_f]
Brynja
[name_f]Theodosia[/name_f]

Not sure what exactly you’re looking for, but [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] fits into a category of names which I tend to call ‘hardcore geek chic names’, lol. They are mostly Germanic, very clunky, but certain personalities could pull them off. Kind of the so-uncool-they-are-cool names.

[name_f]Swanhild[/name_f]/[name_f]Swanhilde[/name_f]
[name_f]Ermengard[/name_f]/Ermengarde
[name_f]Brunhild[/name_f]/[name_f]Brunhilde[/name_f]
Clothild/[name_f]Clothilde[/name_f]
[name_f]Ernestine[/name_f]
[name_f]Walburga[/name_f]
[name_f]Griselda[/name_f]
[name_f]Otthild[/name_f]
[name_f]Frideborg[/name_f]
[name_f]Hedwig[/name_f]
[name_f]Elfrida[/name_f]
[name_f]Bertha[/name_f]
[name_f]Helga[/name_f]
[name_f]Irma[/name_f]
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f]

[name_m]Siegfried[/name_m]
[name_m]Siegmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Hansel[/name_m]
[name_m]Hubert[/name_m]
[name_m]Seymour[/name_m]
[name_m]Berthold[/name_m]
[name_m]Herman[/name_m]
[name_m]Bertram[/name_m]
[name_m]Dietrich[/name_m]
[name_m]Eberhard[/name_m]
[name_m]Gunther[/name_m]
[name_m]Gottfried[/name_m]
[name_m]Manfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Waldemar[/name_m]

If these are too much for you, the following names give me similar vibes, but are more usable.

[name_f]Maxine[/name_f]
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursula[/name_f]
[name_f]Geraldine[/name_f]
[name_f]Gertrude[/name_f]

[name_m]Waldo[/name_m]
[name_m]Oswald[/name_m]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_m]Arnold[/name_m]
[name_m]Rudolph[/name_m]

Lottchen, [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], Katriel, [name_f]Keturah[/name_f], [name_m]Lael[/name_m], [name_u]Florentine[/name_u], [name_f]Clothilde[/name_f], [name_f]Evadne[/name_f], [name_f]Drucilla[/name_f], [name_f]Galina[/name_f], Maridley, [name_f]Essa[/name_f], [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f], [name_f]Shoshanah[/name_f], [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f], [name_f]Bethan[/name_f], [name_f]Cassia[/name_f], [name_f]Junia[/name_f], Contessa, [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], [name_f]Finola[/name_f], Clarimunde

[name_m]Leander[/name_m], [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], [name_m]Cassius[/name_m], [name_m]Alistair[/name_m], [name_m]Drexel[/name_m], Latimer, [name_m]Garrick[/name_m], [name_m]Merrick[/name_m], [name_m]Mortimer[/name_m], [name_m]Lancelot[/name_m], Frayne

[name_f]Hilde[/name_f] reminds me of [name_u]Inge[/name_u] and [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f], both of which are just beautiful and waiting for a comeback. I also like the suggestions of [name_m]Arnold[/name_m], [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Sigrid[/name_f], and would like to add [name_u]Wallace[/name_u], [name_m]Leonard[/name_m], [name_m]Walter[/name_m], [name_m]Ishmael[/name_m], [name_m]Ephraim[/name_m], [name_m]Otto[/name_m], [name_u]Elias[/name_u], and [name_f]Honor[/name_f] <3

[name_f]Minerva[/name_f] was my first thought for a girl… and the only thing I could think of that hadn’t already been mentioned. I’d like o put a second vote for [name_m]Bertram[/name_m] for a similar boy’s name :slight_smile:

[name_f]Paralee[/name_f] was the first to spring to mind.

[name_f]Coretta[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], [name_f]Verity[/name_f], [name_f]Geneva[/name_f], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_f]Leticia[/name_f]

[name_m]Drexel[/name_m] fits for a boy

Wow, thank you all so much! All of these names fit the bill. I can’t wait to pour over them some more when I have more time. I love rediscovering old names and nicknames. For instance I love the suggestion of [name_f]Gertrude[/name_f] because it has the adorable nickname of [name_f]Gertie[/name_f] or [name_f]Trudy[/name_f].