Unique baby boy names

Looking for different baby name. We have come up with the following so far but some alternative suggestions or opinions would be gratefully received!

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] (our favourite)
[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_u]Rohan[/name_u]
Cohan

Probably none of these names are unique. [name_u]Unique[/name_u] is not a good thing to aim for though, because if you manage to find a name that’s so out there that nobody else picked it, chances are it’s a terrible name.

[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] is a girl’s name, so it would probably be the most unusual choice on a boy. Cohan also seems very odd to me, it looks like a made-up variation of [name_m]Cohen[/name_m], so probably also pretty unusual. Not in a good way, though.

[name_u]Rohan[/name_u] is quite unusual, but also a pretty good name I think, if you’re into [name_m]Lord[/name_m] of the Rings. I much prefer [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], though.

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] are all very far from unique. They’re not super common, though, and they’re also definitely the best names on your list. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], but [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is also great.

In general I think that a decent number of people picking a name is a good indicator of a quality name. I understand wanting to avoid the top 20 or top 50 or something, but if nobody’s picking it, that’s a bad sign in my opinion. [name_f]My[/name_f] advice would be, if you love [name_u]Jude[/name_u], definitely go for it and don’t worry about where it is in the popularity rankings.

I love the name [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], but I know 3 babies with this name (2 boys and a girl), so if you are going for unique, I wouldn’t choose that one. I think it’s quickly rising to the top.

I like Cohan and [name_u]Jude[/name_u].

[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] definitely sounds feminine to me.

Cohan, seems like a variation of [name_m]Cohen[/name_m], which I believe is derogatory, and possibly should not be used, but I could be wrong.

[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] I dislike strongly for a boy.

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] I like.

[name_u]Emerson[/name_u] I am tired of. [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and [name_u]Rohan[/name_u] no matter how spelled, I dislike. just my taste.

Suggestions. [name_u]Paxton[/name_u], [name_m]Maverick[/name_m], Merick, [name_m]Palmer[/name_m], [name_m]Olsen[/name_m], [name_m]Ford[/name_m], [name_m]Quentin[/name_m]

[name_m]Zephaniah[/name_m], [name_m]Cathan[/name_m] like [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] with a k. [name_u]Jericho[/name_u], [name_m]Davian[/name_m], [name_m]Raphael[/name_m], [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m]

[name_u]Channing[/name_u], [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m], [name_m]Stetson[/name_m], [name_m]Prescott[/name_m], [name_m]Zander[/name_m], [name_m]Luther[/name_m], [name_m]Nixon[/name_m], [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] ( lock lyn )

[name_m]Octavian[/name_m], [name_m]Orlando[/name_m], [name_m]Evander[/name_m], [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m], [name_m]Kent[/name_m], [name_m]Ryland[/name_m], [name_m]Aries[/name_m], [name_m]Nevin[/name_m], [name_u]Blaine[/name_u]

[name_m]Smith[/name_m], Maxum, Emerick, [name_m]Terrence[/name_m], [name_m]Dimitri[/name_m]

[name_m]How[/name_m] about:

[name_m]Callum[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]
[name_m]Holden[/name_m]

I love [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], it’s on my short list.

other suggestions -

[name_m]Piers[/name_m]
[name_u]Roan[/name_u]
[name_m]Riordan[/name_m]
[name_u]Paxton[/name_u]
[name_m]Maddox[/name_m]
[name_m]Hendrix[/name_m]
[name_u]Keagan[/name_u]
[name_m]Cillian[/name_m]
[name_m]Cian[/name_m]
[name_m]Ciaran[/name_m]
[name_m]Branson[/name_m]