unique names, but need opinions!!!

I am in love with unique names because mine is not. I feel like my children need to be different from others their age. So here they are:

Passion [name]Nevaeh[/name](will go by [name]Nevaeh[/name])
Lyrik [name]Chanel[/name]
[name]Briar[/name] [name]Rayne[/name]
Gracyn [name]Carter[/name]
[name]Abygail[/name] [name]Rhea[/name]
**feel free to tell me if you absolutely hate them.

[name]Hi[/name]!

Passion [name]Nevaeh[/name] - Um, I hate to say that I absolutely hate this, but the concept of [name]Nevaeh[/name] (heaven backwards) as a name makes me feel pretty much close to that. Sorry!

Lyrik [name]Chanel[/name] - This would be fine if you spelled [name]Lyric[/name] correctly. Why do you need to make a unique name trendy? [name]Just[/name] something to think about…

[name]Briar[/name] [name]Rayne[/name] - I like [name]Briar[/name]. [name]Rayne[/name]? Not so much. R-heavy, too…

Gracyn [name]Carter[/name] - [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Lynn[/name]? No, thank you.

[name]Abygail[/name] [name]Rhea[/name] - What? Oh, [name]ABIgail[/name]! Got it now… :wink:

I personally think if you want to use a more unique name, you should “anchor” it with a more established name - just a personal preference, though. So, I would do:

[name]Briar[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Lyric[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Rhea[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]

Or something like that…

Take care, and good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Passion [name]Nevaeh[/name](will go by [name]Nevaeh[/name]): Because passion is so associated with sex, it feels like a pretty risque name to give a little girl. Here’s a thread on which strong feelings about [name]Nevaeh[/name] were shared: Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums

Lyrik [name]Chanel[/name]: I think that [name]Lyric[/name] is unique on its own, and that the Lyrik spelling just makes it look misspelled.

[name]Briar[/name] [name]Rayne[/name]: I think that [name]Briar[/name] is pretty, and I think that [name]Rain[/name], spelled [name]Rain[/name] (or [name]Raine[/name], which is the French version) makes an interesting name, but not with [name]Briar[/name], because of the Rs.

Gracyn [name]Carter[/name]: [name]Grayson[/name] is a boys’ name to me, as is [name]Carter[/name], but that’s just me. :slight_smile:

[name]Abygail[/name] [name]Rhea[/name]: I think that [name]Abigail[/name] is a pretty name, but it’s in the top 10, so it’s definitely not unique. The [name]Abygail[/name] spelling looks misspelled to me, and is still pronounced like [name]Abigail[/name].

[name]Briar[/name] is my favorite from your list, and I also like [name]Abigail[/name], spelled [name]Abigail[/name]. :slight_smile:

More names you may like:

[name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Annora[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Ciel[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Honor[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Jonquil[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Marisol[/name]
[name]Maren[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name]
[name]Seraphine[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name] (the s is pronounced like a z)
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Vivia[/name]

Names like [name]Grayson[/name]/Gracyn:

[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Carlin[/name]
[name]Connelly[/name]
[name]Darien[/name]
[name]Darby[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Flannery[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Kirby[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Marlo[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Sutton[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Tierney[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name]

Good luck!

Passion [name]Nevaeh[/name]: I really don’t mind [name]Neveah[/name]. But I agree with [name]Jill[/name] about the Passion thing.

Lyrik [name]Chanel[/name]: I actually enjoy Lyrik spelled this way. However [name]Chanel[/name] gets me worried. I do not like materialistic names.

[name]Briar[/name] [name]Rayne[/name]: My only concern about [name]Briar[/name] is the meaning. [name]Briar[/name] means thorny patch in english. You always have to make sure your meaning is ok. For instance [name]Calvin[/name]. It’s a sweet name but it means bald.
I think [name]Rayne[/name] is very pretty myself. I enjoy it more for a boy but it could work as a mn yes.

Gracyn [name]Carter[/name]: I don’t like the name Gracyn. [name]Carter[/name] is nice though. I like it for some reason.

[name]Abygail[/name] [name]Rhea[/name]: I like these names but not together.

Here are some combos I came up with for you:

[name]Carter[/name] [name]Rayne[/name]
[name]Neveah[/name] [name]Rayne[/name]
[name]Rhea[/name] [name]Carter[/name]

[name]Lemon[/name], thanks so much for your help.
I took Passion [name]Nevaeh[/name] completely off the list.
I kept [name]Lyric[/name] [name]Chanel[/name].
For [name]Briar[/name] though…[name]Rayne[/name] was in the family and we wanted a name in our family so do you like [name]Briar[/name] [name]Jane[/name]?
I kept Gracyn, sorry.
and lastly we put [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Rhea[/name]…
i loved your name suggestions but the mn we knew someone that recently named their child that.

[name]Briar[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is cute and unique!

Yes, I really like [name]Briar[/name] [name]Jane[/name]! It is a very sweet, yet still unique - and natural! - name! Great choice!

Maybe you would like [name]Eden[/name] [name]Rayne[/name]?

(And, I second [name]Jill[/name]'s thoughts about Gracyn looking and sounding like [name]Grayson[/name], which I see more as a boy’s name.)

Here are my honest opinions:

None of these names are unique. Not even a bit. They’re just part of a huge trend (a trend ironically created by parents looking for unique names) of names that are completely made-up, misspellings of real names, or surnames/ boy names on girls.

Passion [name]Nevaeh[/name]: Sorry, but [name]Nevaeh[/name] is just awful, for all the reasons that people have said. Besides, it’s not ‘unique’ at all-- it’s #34 in the US, which makes it more popular than names like [name]Caroline[/name]. [name]Nevaeh[/name] is seen as a joke name on this site, and for many other people. Passion is almost worse than [name]Nevaeh[/name]. Other virtue names are [name]Verity[/name], [name]Hope[/name], [name]Honor[/name], and [name]Felicity[/name]-- these would serve your daughter much better in life while still being unusual.

Lyrik [name]Chanel[/name]: If you have to use a word as a name, why would you feel the need to misspell it?? It just looks like the parent didn’t know how to spell. [name]Lyric[/name] is miles better than Passion [name]Nevaeh[/name], though.

[name]Briar[/name] [name]Rayne[/name]: I like [name]Briar[/name]! It’s a lovely nature name. But spell 'rain correctly.

Gracyn [name]Carter[/name]: Yuck. This is amazingly tryndeeigh. Gracyn is in no way unique! Is it supposed to be the surname [name]Grayson[/name], or an elaboration of the lovely [name]Grace[/name]? [name]Carter[/name] is not feminine at all, nor even a legitimate name for either gender.

[name]Abygail[/name] [name]Rhea[/name]: This one is the best out of your list. But I’m truly curious-- why does it seem unique to you to take a classic name in the top 10 and misspell it like so many others have done?? I don’t understand it. [name]Rhea[/name] is gorgeous, though! I really like [name]Rhea[/name]. [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Rhea[/name] would be wonderful.

Here are some truly unique, legitimate names in the style of [name]Rhea[/name] and [name]Briar[/name]:

[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Aster[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Catrin[/name]
[name]Echo[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Hera[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Xanthe[/name]
[name]Anais[/name]
[name]Cerise[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Flavia[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name]

Good luck!! :slight_smile:

Great suggestions, IrisRose! I particularly like these:

[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]*
[name]Lyra[/name]*
[name]Iris[/name]*
[name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]*
[name]Cassia[/name]*
[name]Rowan[/name]*
[name]Bryony[/name]*
[name]Linnea[/name]

[name]Love[/name] these - [name]Calla[/name], [name]Cassia[/name], and [name]Rowan[/name] - with [name]Briar[/name] [name]Jane[/name], too! Maybe nature names are your thing, poster?

I don’t really see a commonality between these names, except that they’re all trendy.

Lyrik [name]Chanel[/name] - [name]Lyric[/name] is not a unique name at all. It’s one of my biggest red buttons for “absolutely hate”, along with [name]Cadence[/name], [name]Poet[/name], [name]Sonnet[/name], [name]Story[/name], [name]Miracle[/name], and on the boys’ side, [name]Cash[/name], [name]Chance[/name], [name]Justice[/name] and [name]Messiah[/name].
[name]Briar[/name] [name]Rayne[/name] - Too “cool” for me, but I can see the appeal. And this one actually is unusual.
Gracyn [name]Carter[/name] - I have nothing against last names as first names. That said, [name]Grayson[/name] is getting common, and changing the spelling doesn’t make a name distinctive in daily life. And [name]Carter[/name] is one surname name that’s managing to remain very male.
[name]Abygail[/name] [name]Rhea[/name] - [name]Abigail[/name] has steadily gone up since the 1940s.

If you weren’t trying to be unusual, what names would you choose? Maybe we can find uncommon names based on those. In fact, maybe some of the names you think are common aren’t.

Going out on a limb here… do you have a daughter named [name]Sunshine[/name]?

[name]Lemon[/name], I like the sound of [name]Eden[/name] [name]Rayne[/name]. That was clever :slight_smile:

Thank you, [name]Rachel[/name]. I like [name]Eden[/name] with [name]Briar[/name], even if [name]Eden[/name] is perhaps more popular than [name]Briar[/name]…

I would be wary of projecting how you feel about your name onto a future child.

Example, my great-grandmother hated her name [name]Ruby[/name] because she thought it was dated and named my grandmother the super trendy (for the time) [name]Patsy[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] and my great-aunt [name]Peggy[/name] [name]Sue[/name]. Of course [name]Patsy[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] and [name]Peggy[/name] [name]Sue[/name] hated their names and went by [name]Pat[/name] and [name]Sue[/name]…

I like [name]Briar[/name] [name]Jane[/name]! I once met a 3 yr old named temptress which reminds me of passion, I felt really wrong saying that name. I agree with other posters gracyn and carson are boys names. good luck.

Wow, really? Temptress? That’s…unusual.

I have to agree with everyone else. If you want a more unique name use one that is different with out altering the spelling. There are some lovely names from mythology.
My favorite from your list is [name]Lyric[/name] (spelled this way). [name]Briar[/name] is also nice. [name]Abigail[/name] is pretty if spelled this way.

(Sorry for repeats)
Instead of Passion how about -

[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Phaedra[/name]
[name]Priscilla[/name]

Instead of [name]Nevaeh[/name] -

[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Celine[/name] - French for “heaven”
[name]Celeste[/name] - “heavenly”
[name]Talia[/name] - “gentle dew from heaven”

Instead of [name]Briar[/name] -

[name]Bryony[/name]/[name]Briony[/name] - pronounced bree-uh-nee/bree-on-ee
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name]

Instead of Gracyn - I do love the sound of it but can’t get past how trendy it is.

[name]Mason[/name] nn [name]Maisy[/name]
[name]Larsen[/name] nn [name]Lara[/name]
[name]Auden[/name] nn [name]Audie[/name]
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Perrin[/name] nn [name]Perri[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Ellison[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Sylvan[/name] nn [name]Sylvie[/name]/[name]Sylvia[/name]

Instead of [name]Abygail[/name] - This name is pretty but only spelled [name]Abigail[/name].

[name]Gabrielle[/name]/[name]Gabriela[/name]
[name]Abbott[/name] nn [name]Abby[/name]