Unique nicknames for Caroline?

One of the names we’re strongly consider for our daughter due in [name_u]December[/name_u] is [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] (and DH’s favorite). My only reservation is I’m not a huge fan of many of the common nicknames especially [name_u]Caro[/name_u] and [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] (nothing against the names just bad associations from girls I knew growing up). A friend recently suggested [name_f]Coco[/name_f] or [name_f]Cece[/name_f]…but wondering if these would not be too much of a stretch? MN will likely be [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] so that may make [name_f]Cece[/name_f] more usable?

Any input or other nickname suggestions would be great! Thanks!!

[name_f]Carly[/name_f]
[name_f]Carla[/name_f]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_f]Callie[/name_f]
[name_f]Calla[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Lina[/name_f]
Liney
[name_f]Carol[/name_f]
Caz
[name_f]Cassie[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Cece[/name_f], I don’t think that’s too much of a stretch. Especially if you establish it as her nickname “Her name is [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], we call her [name_f]Cece[/name_f]”. I do that with my daughter [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] ([name_f]Belle[/name_f]) to avoid people calling her [name_u]Izzy[/name_u]. I also like the nn suggestion of [name_f]Lina[/name_f]. [name_f]Cara[/name_f] is nice too.

I once suggested to a user looking for a daring nickname for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] that she use “[name_m]Arrow[/name_m]”. The sound is plainly audible within the name, and the nickname adds a bold flair to the sweet [name_f]Caroline[/name_f].

nicknames for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]:

[name_u]Ari[/name_u]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_f]Carrie[/name_f]
[name_f]Callie[/name_f]
[name_f]Calla[/name_f]
Roo/[name_u]Rue[/name_u]
[name_u]Ollie[/name_u]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]

[name_f]Coco[/name_f] and [name_f]Cece[/name_f] definitely work, especially [name_f]Coco[/name_f]. I was hesitant with [name_f]Cece[/name_f] but as she may be [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] aka C.E then it works.

[name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_u]Ollie[/name_u]
[name_f]Lina[/name_f]
[name_f]Carly[/name_f]
[name_f]Carla[/name_f]
Car
[name_m]Aro[/name_m] (like arrow)

I like [name_u]Ollie[/name_u], but really, I think [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is such a clean, clear and easy name to say. It rolls of the tongue so well and it’s perfectly balanced (like most timeless classics).

[name_u]Ollie[/name_u]
[name_m]Rollie[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] - maybe a bit forced, but awfully cute!

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] could have the nn [name_f]Sissy[/name_f], imo. I like this far better than [name_f]Cece[/name_f] and if you said, “this is my daughter [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], we call her [name_f]Sissy[/name_f],” it feels natural and won’t give anyone pause like [name_f]Cece[/name_f] likely would. [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] also has a repeated ‘li’, so the [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] could work really well here. [name_f]Lil[/name_f] also has a great feel.

[name_f]Sissy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilibet[/name_f]
[name_f]Lil[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] - a bit forced, but really pretty and has the same classic, pretty, balanced feel as [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]…
[name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f]
[name_f]Cece[/name_f] totally works
[name_f]Coco[/name_f] works too
[name_f]Ro[/name_f]
Roo
[name_f]Lina[/name_f]
[name_f]Leelee[/name_f]
[name_f]Carly[/name_f]
[name_f]Rina[/name_f]
[name_m]Aro[/name_m]

I think that [name_f]Coco[/name_f] and [name_f]Cece[/name_f] are perfectly fine- not a stretch at all! My favourite nicknames for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] are [name_u]Carey[/name_u] and [name_m]Arrow[/name_m].

[name_f]Lila[/name_f] or Caddy might work.

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]:

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_f]Lindy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Carli[/name_f] ([name_f]Carly[/name_f])
[name_f]Lila[/name_f] ([name_f]Lyla[/name_f])
[name_u]Nelly[/name_u]
[name_f]Carol[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_u]Ollie[/name_u]

I like [name_f]Coco[/name_f]! Some Carolines I know go by Caz, [name_u]Cass[/name_u] or Cals.

I love the name [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. I think the nn Care-bear is super cute for a little girl. I like [name_f]Coco[/name_f], [name_f]Callie[/name_f] or Care for a nn when shes older.

[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_f]Lina[/name_f]
[name_f]Lili[/name_f]
[name_f]Callie[/name_f]
[name_u]Ronnie[/name_u]
[name_u]Lynn[/name_u]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_u]Ari[/name_u]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
Roro
[name_u]Ollie[/name_u]
[name_m]Rolly[/name_m]
[name_u]Nicky[/name_u]

Some of these are a stretch, but I think they could all work! And of course there’s always [name_f]Carrie[/name_f], though I love [name_f]Cece[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

[name_u]Unique[/name_u] nicknames for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] that I would consider would be:

[name_f]Carli[/name_f]/[name_f]Carly[/name_f]
[name_m]Rolli[/name_m]
[name_f]Cori[/name_f]
[name_u]Lennie[/name_u]
[name_f]CeCe[/name_f]

As long as the nickname makes sense to you…that’s all that matters.

It’s been mentioned, but I knew a [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] who went by Liney and it always felt very natural. It would be an odd name on its own, but makes a great nickname.

That’s what I thought! I think it is super cute and not widely used as a NM so a bit unique :slight_smile:

Dang typos…it wont let me edit that post above…NM is obviously supposed to be NN for nickname. Oops

[name_f]Lina[/name_f]
[name_f]Ina[/name_f]
[name_f]Lotta[/name_f] (apparently it is a short form in sweden)
[name_f]Lotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_f]Callie[/name_f]
[name_f]Carrie[/name_f]
[name_u]Ollie[/name_u]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]
[name_f]Lili[/name_f]
Roo/[name_u]Rue[/name_u]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! My name is [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], and I’ve been called Carm or [name_f]Carmy[/name_f] my whole life, and I absolutely hate it. But luckily it’s just among my family. But recently my friend started calling me Liney, and I didn’t mind that, but then it turned into Linerz, and it’s by far my favorite. It’s pretty hard to find a nickname for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] unless you want to be called [name_f]Carol[/name_f], which I was not a fan of when I was desperate for a nickname (: Hopefully this helped!