Unusual Forms of Elizabeth?

What is your favorite unusual variation or diminutive of the name [name]Elizabeth[/name]?

This is my mother’s middle name and I never thought I would find a way to use it as a middle name as it’s far too common for my taste.
I would love to honor my mother somewhere in a baby girl’s name ( probably a 2nd middle name) but [name]Elizabeth[/name] itself is NMS. My mother’s first name is French and one of the rare French names I dislike as I love many of them.

However, after perusing Meaning, origin and history of the name Elizabeth - Behind the Name
I discovered many less common/obscure variations of [name]Elizabeth[/name] that have me rethinking.
However, I do not like [name]Isabella[/name] or anything with [name]Bella[/name] in it.

[name]Anouk[/name] will be the first name.

Names that have caught my eye:

[name]Eliza[/name]- not out of the running but still too popular to be honest.
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Elly[/name]
[name]Beth[/name]
[name]Liesbeth[/name]
[name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Ilsa[/name]
[name]Ilse[/name]
[name]Bettina[/name]
[name]Bette[/name]

My girlfriends name is [name]Elsbeth[/name] and my daughters middle name is [name]Elspeth[/name].

Elizavet
Elixabete
[name]Elisabet[/name]
Erzsebet
[name]Liesbeth[/name]
[name]Lizbet[/name]
Zabel
[name]Lilibet[/name]

[name]Lisbeth[/name], as in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

BTW, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Bettina[/name]!

Lizaveta and [name]Lisette[/name]. Or you could even do [name]Seth[/name]. Also, one nickname you never hear anymore is [name]Betsy[/name], which is cute, retro, and underused.

My favorites are already on your list-- [name]Elsa[/name]/[name]Ilsa[/name] and [name]Elspeth[/name]

[name]Elizabetta[/name]?

[name]Eliska[/name] was my first idea. I utterly adore it. It’s a Czech diminutive of the original Hebrew form of [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Elisheva[/name]. :slight_smile: I think [name]Anouk[/name] ____ [name]Eliska[/name] would be stunning. A lot of different nationalities, but still really awesome. [name]Even[/name] just [name]Anouk[/name] [name]Eliska[/name].

I think [name]Elisabetta[/name] or [name]Elisheva[/name] would also be very cool. Otherwise, I like the suggestions of [name]Elsa[/name] and [name]Lisette[/name], which are both huge favorites of mine, as well.

Ohhh, and I also love Ysanne and Ysaline… both come from the [name]Isabel[/name]- names, I believe, both with French background… but still legitimate forms of [name]Elizabeth[/name], as far as I know. I would love to see [name]Anouk[/name] ______ Ysaline! (ee-sahn and ee-sah-leen)

Good luck!

I like [name]Elzbieta[/name] and [name]Elspeth[/name].

Also, I love [name]Anouk[/name]!

Oh, I love [name]Anouk[/name]. Great to see it being used. From the “related to” list I like:
[name]Anouk[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Anouk[/name] [name]Ilsa[/name]
[name]Anouk[/name] [name]Bettina[/name]
[name]Anouk[/name] [name]Elisabetta[/name]
[name]Anouk[/name] [name]Elizaveta[/name]
[name]Anouk[/name] [name]Lieselotte[/name]
[name]Anouk[/name] [name]Lilianna[/name]
[name]Anouk[/name] Marlies
[name]Anouk[/name] Zabel

Thanks for all of the suggestions & for those who like [name]Anouk[/name] :slight_smile: ( that always warms my heart a bit, as not everyone does!)

I really like Zabel which a few suggested, it just looks like a great modern take on [name]Elizabeth[/name].
I also like [name]Elizaveta[/name], [name]Eliska[/name], [name]Lieselotte[/name], [name]Elisabet[/name], [name]Elisabetta[/name], Lisette. Many more good ones to ponder now!

Ohhh, and I also love Ysanne and Ysaline… both come from the [name]Isabel[/name]- names, I believe, both with French background… but still legitimate forms of [name]Elizabeth[/name], as far as I know. I would love to see [name]Anouk[/name] ______ Ysaline! (ee-sahn and ee-sah-leen)

Oh I love these too. Ysaline is gorgeous. I may have to get over my [name]Isabel[/name] thing, as these names sound so different from the original.