Unusual help with name!

hello

Names i’ve considered:
Kessinger - pro: [name]Kess[/name]-singer rather than kess-injer.
[name]Saskia[/name]- But never with Stassia. Stassia [name]Saskia[/name]. Whoa.
[name]Laurel[/name]

[name]Man[/name], that’s all I can think of, which is sad…
Haha, THANK YOU! You’re welcome!

I like [name]Laurel[/name] for a last name. Also [name]Linden[/name] and [name]Willow[/name]. A tree name would be great!

:slight_smile:

So how is your last name unattractive, by sound or hard to spell or pronounce? Doesn’t sound memorable with Stassia? If I were going to be an actor, I think my last name wouldn’t do, I might take my mother’s or paternal grandmother’s maiden name. They sound very good. In my case, it wouldn’t do to think of a last name with the same initial, but you might like to use your initial of your last name and work off that for possibilities.

I would also think of people you’ve met with really good last names. My mom toyed with changing her last name to [name]Stone[/name]. I don’t know why [name]Stone[/name], she just thinks it’s neat, and people wouldn’t be as confused as with our real last name. She also likes [name]Anderson[/name], our pediatrician when I was small! My mother also had a boyfriend she wished she’d married, and I forget his last name, but my sister used to cry all the time about not having his last name instead of our father’s… TMI? Lots of ideas.

There was a family who lived down the street I always think of when I think of some sort of alias, Henrich. Kessler and [name]Bauer[/name], I guess those work for me, I am part [name]German[/name] with a [name]German[/name] last name, I would probably pick something [name]German[/name] but easier to pronounce, spell, sound, and look good on a marquee or in a program. If you have an ethnic name or appearance, I would go closer to that than some other ethnicity or anglicized kind of boring name (the kind of names given to characters in tv shows). I think memorable actors have more memorable names that stand apart, unless they are actually English. People do really have those names, I just think they are too common and sound made up because they are easy to think of. With a kind of unusual name like Stassia, I would go with something like your own last name by nationality if possible.

[name]Just[/name] FYI, I don’t know if you ever heard of [name]Nastassia[/name] Kinski, she was an actress in a few movies in the early 80s, and famous poster model (nude with a big snake covering her parts!), so think of something that’s not like Kinski. Her real name is [name]Nastassja[/name] Aglaia Nakszynski.

I guess she is still working in Europe.

I hope this was sort of helpful.

[name]How[/name] about Googling ‘tree names’ or ‘constellation names’, and finding a list of them, then just go through and see which sounds nicest with your fn. That way, your surname will be very individual, too.
Or, go onto www.behindthename.com and search names by meaning (for example, Ayman, [name]Faustus[/name], [name]Felix[/name] and Monifa all mean lucky).
Good luck!

I like [name]Nastassia[/name] Ambry!

[name]Nastassia[/name] --> [name]Natasha[/name] --> [name]Sasha[/name]

What about [name]Sasha[/name] [name]Laurel[/name]?

Or something like [name]Saskia[/name] [name]Cade[/name]? [name]Saskia[/name] [name]Bay[/name]?

I think of [name]Saskia[/name] as a first name, one that should be paired with a one syllabel last name ([name]Brown[/name], [name]Jones[/name] etc).

I like [name]Saskia[/name] [name]Jones[/name] a lot!