Update on stalemate with name.

We’ve picked a name! Our daughter will be [name]Annabel[/name]/le [name]Hope[/name]. Thanks for all your input! It’s not one that was on our list, but it finally came to us. We both liked [name]Abigail[/name], but didn’t care for it’s popularity or the nickname [name]Abby[/name]. [name]Annabel[/name]/le feels similar to us, but without those problems.

Now we just need to choose a spelling. Husband prefers [name]Annabelle[/name], while I like the look of [name]Annabel[/name] better. However, [name]Annabelle[/name] is the more common spelling. Any thoughts?

I prefer [name]Annabelle[/name]–it looks so pretty, especially with [name]Hope[/name]!

[name]Annabel[/name] is beautiful! I think the spelling [name]Annabelle[/name] is too frilly and makes it look like a smush between [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Belle[/name] (it actually comes from [name]Amabel[/name], which means ‘loveable’).

I think [name]Annabelle[/name] looks more feminine. :]

[name]Annabel[/name]/le [name]Hope[/name] is SO pretty! Congratulations on choosing a beautiful name!

I personally prefer [name]Annabelle[/name], but I like it both ways.

Congrats on coming to such a great naming conclusion! I love [name]Annabel[/name]/le [name]Hope[/name]!

For me, the two different spellings give off different impressions. [name]Annabelle[/name] is very frilly, girly and feminine. [name]Annabel[/name] is more spunky, quirky and fun. I classify [name]Annabelle[/name] with more classic/traditional female names (it feels almost regal to me), while [name]Annabel[/name] goes in with more off-beat names. My personal preference is for [name]Annabel[/name], but I think you should go with whichever one feels more fitting to your little girl!

This is a beautiful name! I would spell it [name]Annabelle[/name] though.

I distinctly prefer [name]Annabel[/name].

The extra -le just looks overdone to me.

[name]Annabelle[/name] strikes me as frilly and fussy, while [name]Annabel[/name] feels like a much weightier name.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Annabel/name [name]Hope[/name]!!! It’s always been one of my favorites.
:slight_smile: I’m so happy you were able to find a name you love!

[name]Annabelle[/name] has always been my favorite spelling, but [name]Annabel[/name] has been growing on me lately, too. I love the descriptions that [name]Amaryllis[/name] gave, and I agree that the spellings have totally different feels.

I went back and saw that your son’s name is [name]Caleb[/name], and with [name]Caleb[/name], I think I can better see the [name]Annabel[/name] spelling, because it looks more classic and traditional to me, like [name]Caleb[/name].

Either way, I absolutely love the name you chose for your baby girl!

Good luck!