Updated list for our twins!

[name]Hi[/name] everyone,
My husband and I have made tremendous progress over the last few weeks and have really narrowed our list down. It’s been a while since I’ve posted, so I’ll remind you a little of our family. My name is [name]Charlotte[/name], my husband is [name]Jack[/name], and we are expecting twins. We have three beautiful daughters: [name]Julia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Zara[/name], and [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. They go by [name]Jules[/name], [name]Kit[/name]/[name]Kitty[/name], and [name]Lou[/name]/[name]Louie[/name] most of the time.”
Here are our lists:
GIRLS:
[name]Alice[/name] - we’d probably use the nn Lissy; this is my husband’s favorite
[name]Elizabeth[/name] - I love this so much! My husband does too, but he prefers names that are slightly less popular, even though we have a [name]Katherine[/name]. I love the nn [name]Lizzie[/name] the most. ”
[name]Frances[/name] - not sure about a nn, but we wouldn’t use [name]Frankie[/name].”
[name]Margaret[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] the nn [name]May[/name], we think it really freshens up a classic name. I think this is my favorite

Combos:
[name]Alice[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Frances[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name]

BOYS:
[name]Alexander[/name] - we love this! It’s so handsome and classic. The popularity doesn’t bother us. We’re trying to decide between [name]Lex[/name] and [name]Xander[/name] as nns. We might even use [name]Alex[/name].”
[name]Henry[/name] - My husband loves this one. I have trouble picturing it on a little kid. We’d use [name]Harry[/name] as a nn, which helps me picture it on a baby. I’m still not convinced though.”
[name]Theodore[/name] - I’m not sure either of use love [name]Theodore[/name], but we [name]LOVE[/name] the nn [name]Teddy[/name]. It’s just too cute. We’re not fans ”of [name]Edward[/name].”
[name]Thomas[/name] - we love this so much! The nn [name]Tommy[/name] is just adorable for a little boy.”
[name]William[/name] - We love this one too! It’s just so classic and adorable. We’d probably go with [name]Will[/name].”

Combos:
[name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name] and [name]William[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]”
[name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] and [name]William[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name] and [name]William[/name]

I think our favorites are [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]William[/name], and [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]William[/name].”

We’d love your feedback and suggestions about other combinations!

Thank you,
[name]Charlotte[/name] ”

My favorites would be:
[name]Alice[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name]

While I like most of your names, [name]Lizzie[/name], [name]Will[/name], and [name]Lex[/name]/[name]Xander[/name]/[name]Alex[/name] seem a bit too modern next to your daughters names. I think [name]Betsy[/name]/[name]Betty[/name], [name]Billy[/name], and [name]Alec[/name] fit them much more if you haven’t though about those.

As far as nickname for [name]Frances[/name], unless you’re in the UK, I really like [name]Fanny[/name]. It’s a lot more feminine and classy than [name]Franny[/name] or [name]Frankie[/name]. You could also get [name]Annie[/name] out of [name]Frances[/name]. It’s a bit of a stretch for people, but I think [name]Annie[/name] would go great with your daughters.

My favorite combos:
[name]Thomas[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]

All of your names are lovely and I think any two of them would go together. It justr comes down to picking the two names that you and your hubby love the most.

GIRLS:
My opinions on your combos:
[name]Alice[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] - This is lovely and you are your husband both have your faves in it.
[name]Alice[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] - I love both names but the beginnings are similar
[name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] - Too much like the present [name]Queen[/name] and her late sister [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Frances[/name] - OK
[name]Frances[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] - OK

BOYS:
My opinions on your combos:
[name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name] - I love both names . This is my fave of your boys combos.
[name]Alexander[/name] and [name]William[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] but not a fan of [name]William[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] but I’m not a fan of [name]Henry[/name] at all
[name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this combo. [name]Alec[/name] and [name]Teddy[/name]!
[name]Henry[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] but I’m I’m not crazy about [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] but I’m not crazy about [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] and [name]William[/name] - Too much like Princes [name]William[/name] and [name]Harry[/name] ([name]Henry[/name] is actually [name]Harry[/name]'s original name)
[name]Thomas[/name] and [name]William[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] but I’m not too crazy about [name]William[/name]

Boy/Girl Twins
[name]Alice[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Frances[/name]

[name]Hi[/name]! I love all your names on your list, and I love your children’s names, too!
My favorites from your lists:

Girls:
[name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name]*

Boys:
[name]Thomas[/name] and [name]William[/name]*

You all have such wonderful names. My favorites are exactly the same as Kyemsmas.

[name]Charlotte[/name],

Your daughters have such lovely names! [name]Jules[/name], [name]Kitty[/name], and [name]Lou[/name] are adorable!

I love [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Frances[/name] - well, not together - but with [name]Julia[/name], [name]Katherine[/name], and [name]Louisa[/name], I think longer names are better. Would you consider [name]Eliza[/name] instead of [name]Elizabeth[/name]? [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] - [name]Lizzie[/name] and [name]Meg[/name], [name]Elle[/name] and [name]May[/name], [name]Liza[/name] and [name]Maggie[/name] - are by far my favorite for your girls! [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Alice[/name] would be perfect! I’m just swooning at the thought of [name]Jules[/name], [name]Kit[/name], [name]Lou[/name], [name]Elle[/name], and [name]May[/name]!

Oh, for boys, you’ve got my absolute favorite [name]Henry[/name] on the list. I adore it! I don’t like its [name]Harry[/name] nickname at all, but [name]Henry[/name] is full is amazing - again, though, it feels short to me. Luckily, I’m completely taken with [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]William[/name] for you. Outstanding! [name]Julia[/name], [name]Katherine[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], and [name]William[/name]? Fabulous. [name]Jules[/name], [name]Kitty[/name], [name]Lou[/name], [name]Teddy[/name], and [name]Wills[/name]? [name]Love[/name] it! Perhaps [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Henry[/name] and [name]William[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] would work for you?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Just[/name] to put in a comment on [name]Henry[/name], I’m student teaching to be a preschool teacher and don’t have trouble picturing [name]Henry[/name] on a little boy at all! We’ve had two Henrys in the time I’ve been there. I think it’s a very sweet name for a little boy, but I don’t like nn [name]Harry[/name].

You absolutely can’t go wrong, but my picks would be [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] (perfection!) or [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]. I would pick [name]Henry[/name] and [name]William[/name], but the prince thing might be little much. Actually, [name]William[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] is great, too. I can easily picture [name]Henry[/name] on a kid-- in fact, I don’t know a [name]Henry[/name] over the age of 15 and I’m worried it’s getting too popular. Either way, [name]Julia[/name], [name]Katherine[/name], and [name]Louisa[/name] plus any of the names on your list make an amazing sibset.

Good luck!

Great lists! My favorites are:

[name]Alice[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] - Lissy and [name]May[/name] - I like the sounds in each name and the combination of short and long as they both fit perfectly with their older sisters.
[name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name] - [name]Alec[/name]/x and [name]Tommy[/name] - very strong and handsome to stand up to the big sisters!
But with a mixed set of twins, I would have trouble. [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name] - don’t like the repeating A plus [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Alex[/name] is silly. [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name] are too long I think, leaving [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name] out a little. This might not bother you in which case [name]May[/name] and [name]Alex[/name] are a cute pair. I don’t think I like the endings of [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name] together - and Lissy and [name]Tommy[/name] don’t improve it. [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name] - [name]May[/name] and [name]Tommy[/name] - a lot of M but it is good too.

[name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name]

Good luck!

I like: [name]Alice[/name] & [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name] & [name]William[/name]

Wow! Thank you for all of the feedback.”We’re finding this process much harder this time around, and, as we don’t share the names until our children are born, this is the only place we can turn. We really appreciate your help.”

Now, to get on to the naming…

I”am”so”in”love”with”the combination of [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name], Lissy and [name]May[/name]. I think that they are an unexpected combination, but they go together beautifully. I just love them! My husband is less in love with the combo. He absolutely loves the name [name]Alice[/name], more than I do, in fact, but he’s not in love with [name]Margaret[/name]. I tried telling him how perfect it is, that we each get a favorite and they go together so well, but he’s not been very responsive. He hasn’t ruled it out, though, and says he’ll think about it.”
The other girl combos we’re considering are [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name]. The fact that [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] begin with a similar sound doesn’t really bother us. The main concern that I have is that if we used Lissy for [name]Alice[/name], we couldn’t use [name]Lizzie[/name] for [name]Elizabeth[/name]. The only other nickname I really like is [name]Elle[/name], though [name]Betsy[/name] is alright. ” ”
We’ve eliminated [name]Frances[/name] for two reasons. One, we don’t love any of the nicknames, and two, it’s too similar to [name]Alice[/name], which we will most likely use. As for [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name], I love both names and I love the fact that they are both classic and timeless. My husband worries that because they are both so classic, the combination seems boring and predictable. I guess I see his point, but I love this combination anyway.”
My husband doesn’t really love any of our combinations. He loves the name [name]Alice[/name] so much but doesn’t seem to love any other name as much. I’m still trying to convince him of [name]Margaret[/name]. He really likes the nn [name]May[/name], so I think I may be able to convince him based on that.

Boys-
We’ve narrowed it down to three names: [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], and [name]William[/name]. We eliminated [name]Henry[/name] for two reasons. The first is that I just don’t think the name fits a little boy, or a teenager, well. Second, it is becoming so popular that is seems almost trendy. I don’t mind popularity, but I want to avoid sudden bursts in popularity. We also eliminated [name]Theodore[/name]. We were both very sad to see the nickname [name]Teddy[/name] go, but decided that we shouldn’t pick a name we don’t love just to get to a nickname. So, that leaves us with [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], and [name]William[/name].”
We love the name [name]Thomas[/name] and think the nickname [name]Tommy[/name] is just too cute. If we have a son, his name will most likely be [name]Thomas[/name]. It’s what name to pair with [name]Thomas[/name] that we are less sure about. We love the name [name]Alexander[/name], but it’s the nickname issue that’s holding us back. We just can’t find one we love. At this point, we’re leaning towards [name]Alec[/name] or [name]Alex[/name], though we may use [name]Lex[/name]. We’d really appreciate feedback and suggestions on the nn front. [name]William[/name] is also a front runner. I love the name so much, but my husband is thrown off by the popularity. He loves it, but wishes it was less commonly used.”
For boy combos, the two we’re considering are [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]William[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name]. Again, we’re set on [name]Thomas[/name], but are unsure about a twin.
We think that the twins are the same sex, but we want a boy girl sibset ready to go just in case. The problem is that many of our boys names do not work with our girl names, and vice versa. [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] end in the same sound, and [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name] are too similar. That limits our options. We’re considering [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Alice[/name] and [name]William[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name], and [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name].”
I apologize for the ridiculously long post, but we’d love your thoughts.
Thank you,
[name]Charlotte[/name]
” ” ”

Well, I’m a [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], and my dad is [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] and my mother is [name]Margaret[/name], so your name list is very similar to mine. Your twinset of [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] is thus amusing to me, though they’re great names. :slight_smile:

I know you’ve eliminated [name]Henry[/name], but I’m a real fan of the nn [name]Hank[/name]. Makes me think of a wooly sheep.

Friends of our were considering [name]William[/name], nn [name]Liam[/name], but it’s true it’s getting used a lot.

I have always wanted an [name]Alexander[/name] but the popularity is driving me away from it - three boys were born to my office this last year, all three are [name]Alexander[/name]. As for nn, my dad is [name]Zan[/name], I like [name]Lex[/name], and I just recently realized there is “[name]Anders[/name]” in there.

For your girl nns, I’m not a fan of [name]Betsy[/name]. My mom’s been pushing the [name]Margaret[/name], and not that it goes well with Lissy but she suggested [name]Garett[/name] as a more unisex nn option. That was a new one to me. I think I prefer [name]May[/name].

Given your constraints I like [name]Alice[/name] and [name]William[/name] for girl/boy twins, but I don’t think you should exclude [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]Alice[/name]. Especially as they’ll be mostly using their nn while they live together and whenever the full name is used it’s likely the middle one would be too. Unless the ‘-y’ ending of their nns is also to similar ([name]Tommy[/name] and Lissy).

I don’t think you can go wrong with any on your list, so my inclination is to go for those which you love from the list.

I would go with [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Alice[/name] and [name]William[/name], [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name], or [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]William[/name].

[name]Elizabeth[/name] is fine, but she’s the popular one, plus with your nickname issues, I’d eliminate her. I prefer [name]Betsy[/name] as the nickname though, it’s just more unique. [name]Lizzie[/name] is the go to nickname for [name]Elizabeth[/name] currently.

For [name]Alexander[/name], I really like [name]Alec[/name]. Same reasons of why I like [name]Betsy[/name] for [name]Elizabeth[/name]. [name]Alexander[/name] is a great name, but I don’t think it’s quite as classic feeling as [name]Thomas[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Alice[/name], and [name]Margaret[/name].

I don’t think you mentioned what [name]William[/name] nickname you’re thinking about. If you go with [name]Will[/name], you’ll definitely feel how popular it is, same thing with [name]Liam[/name]. [name]Billy[/name] is the one I personally like, and it’s the one you won’t see on another little boy in his class, so if you’re worried about the popularity, that’s where I would go with it.

I’m kinda sad you got rid of [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] though. :frowning: Oh well lol.

For girls, I love [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] together! Lissy and [name]May[/name] is perfect. If you go with [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name], how about [name]Libby[/name] as a nn for [name]Elizabeth[/name]? It is a little more unique than [name]Lizzie[/name].

Boys- I really like [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]William[/name] together.

For boy/girl twins, I like [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name], or [name]Alice[/name] and [name]William[/name]! :smiley:

Hello berries-
I hope you all had a happy holiday. This time of year is always so hectic and we’ve been so busy shopping for the girls and taking them to see [name]Santa[/name] that we really haven’t had time to think about names.”But we a point of sitting down the other morning, and ”
we made some major decisions!”
We’ve decided on [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] for girls and [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]William[/name] for boys. We’re so thrilled with these names, and almost wish we were having quads so we could use all four! On second thought, 5 kids are plenty!”
Now we need to focus on middle names…
Our daughters’ middle names are all in honor of family members. Our eldest is [name]Julia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]; [name]Ruth[/name] after my husband’s mother. Our next is [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Zara[/name]; [name]Zara[/name] is a twist on my mother’s name, [name]Sara[/name]. Our baby, at least for now, is [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]; [name]Jane[/name] is after my husband’s father and grandfather, both [name]James[/name].”
We’ll focus on girls names first.”One person we’d love to honor is my grandmother [name]Viola[/name]. Not only is it a really cool name, but she is an incredible lady. What do you think of [name]Alice[/name] [name]Viola[/name]? [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Viola[/name]? ”
Another name we’re considering is [name]Bryony[/name]. My father’s name is [name]Brian[/name] and this is a nice way to honor him without using the name [name]Brian[/name], which I’m not a fan of. If we have two boys, I’d use his middle name instead of [name]Brian[/name]. Anyway, what do you think?
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name]? [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Bryony[/name]?
Another family name we’d consider, though it is less meaningful, is [name]Victoria[/name]. What do you think of [name]Alice[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]? [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]?”
Thank you so much for your help. The doctors said that they will likely come in 3 to 6 weeks, so we need to get moving on these names! ”
[name]Charlotte[/name] ”

[name]Viola[/name] and [name]Bryony[/name] are fantastic middle names! I want to vote for [name]Alice[/name] [name]Viola[/name] since that’s a combo on my list, but I think [name]Margaret[/name] goes with [name]Viola[/name] better than [name]Bryony[/name], so I would go with [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Viola[/name].

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Happy[/name] New Year to you and yours! I’m so glad you’ve chosen [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] as you girl twin duo. I love the [name]Alice[/name] [name]Briony[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Viola[/name] combinations best. They’re even more special when you honour relatives. Best wishes and let us know how everything goes!

[name]Margaret[/name] [name]Viola[/name] is terrific and is a definite keeper, imo! [name]Alice[/name] [name]Briony[/name] is very pretty with great flow. I slightly prefer [name]Briony[/name], but [name]Victoria[/name] is a very tempting choice too. The only downside I see to [name]Briony[/name] is that it would need to spelled out for people. However, in the middle name position, she would not need to do that very often. If you are uncertain about [name]Briony[/name], I do think that [name]Alice[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] is a beautiful alternative!

I have to say that I adore your three girls’ names: [name]Julia[/name], [name]Katherine[/name], & [name]Louisa[/name]! What an awesome sibset. It is especially delightful to see the underused beauty - [name]Louisa[/name]!

With [name]Thomas[/name] & WIlliiam, it sounds like you are all set with boy names! Those are great!

If your twins are boy/girl, I would go with [name]Thomas[/name] & [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Viola[/name]. What middle names are you considering for possible boys?

Clearly, you are destined to have a very well-named family!