Ur fave way to spell Abbie?

I want to know your fave way to spell [name]Abbie[/name], and here are some spellings:
[name]Abbie[/name]
[name]Abbey[/name]
[name]Abi[/name]
[name]Abby[/name]
Abeigh

Also, do you think [name]Abbie[/name] should be a nickname for [name]Abigail[/name], or do you thinbk it could be ok on its own?

Which other nn do you like out of these?
[name]Gail[/name]
[name]Ab[/name]
Gailey
Agail
[name]Aggie[/name]
[name]Aba[/name]

Also, what are your thoughts on 1. [name]Abbie[/name] and 2. [name]Abigail[/name]

Well, the great thing about the name [name]Abigail[/name] is all the wonderful nicknames (and misspellings of your particular version) that come with it. First, a nickname is meant to be an easier-to-hear/spell/see version of the given name. I would not consider Abeigh to be in that line of thought. :smiley: My favorite spellings are [name]Abby[/name], [name]Abi[/name], and [name]Abbie[/name], because those are the most often used. That may seem contradictory to a baby-naming society that loves unusual spellings, but Abeigh or [name]Abbye[/name] or [name]Abbey[/name] are really hard to know how to spell.

I’d never heard of [name]Aggie[/name] as a nickname for [name]Abigail[/name], but I really am starting to like it. It’s cute, and different. I don’t like Agail or Gailey, but they could be cute nicknames for somebody else. Another name is [name]Gaila[/name] or [name]Gala[/name], which I like better. I have also heard [name]Bebe[/name] and Ablie (?) used as nicknames. I even know an Abu ([name]AH[/name]-boo).

I hope this helps. As my real name is [name]Abigail[/name], I have a lot of opinions on the name! :smiley:

I like [name]Abby[/name] or [name]Abbie[/name] the best of the [name]Abby[/name] nn’s. I love the name [name]Abigail[/name]!

[name]Aggie[/name] is pretty cute, but if introduced to her, I would think her name was [name]Agnes[/name] or [name]Agatha[/name]. Also I really like [name]Aba[/name].

I love, love, love the name [name]Abigail[/name] despite its popularity. :smiley: As for nicknames, I prefer [name]Abbie[/name] or [name]Abby[/name] (not [name]Abbey[/name], which is a place where monks live…lol).

[name]Aggie[/name] is cute, though like misswoodhouse I would also think it’s short for [name]Agatha[/name] or [name]Agnes[/name] or maybe [name]Agate[/name]… and around here, [name]Aggie[/name] is associated with [name]Texas[/name] A&M.

I think as a nickname for [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Abi[/name] should be the only spelling. When you say [name]Abigail[/name] you hear [name]Abi[/name] right in the pronunciation. Why would you change the spelling? I don’t get why people do.

As a name on it’s own, which I think it can be, my favorite spellings are first [name]Abbey[/name] and then [name]Abbie[/name].

As a nickname for [name]Abigail[/name] I think [name]Gail[/name], [name]Ab[/name], and [name]Abi[/name] are the only ones that really make sense, [name]Abi[/name] being my favorite.

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Abbey[/name]/[name]Abbie[/name]. I’m not a huge fan of [name]Abigail[/name] which is why I would use [name]Abbey[/name]/[name]Abbie[/name] on its own.