User Card Pronunciations!

Here’s my recording of my own card. I’ll get to doing some others now!

2 Likes

[name_m]Stuart[/name_m], @w8src :

@daniemc:

[name_f]Poppy[/name_f], @anon68906791 :

3 Likes

@hyacinthbucket Here’s the rest of your user card! Btw nice to know that you’re from my state!

1 Like

Thanks for the rest of it, and also ditto. I noticed Michigan when I went to record your list.

I’m originally from [name_u]California[/name_u], but I must admit that upon listening back to my recording of your list of names, I noticed more of a “Great-Lakes A” thank I’d care to admit to myself. It’s not overt I don’t think, but I can hear it in myself. It is slowly infiltrating my speech and my 3 year old has it. I don’t speak [name_f]English[/name_f] with him so I don’t notice but we went somewhere the other day and he said “basket” to someone like “Byassket!”

1 Like

Interesting! Yeah, I do hear some of that sound in your short A’s. Actually, a big part of my names interest is sound and accents, which is largely why I created this thread!

I recorded a bunch of different lists on other similar threads on the site. And when I first became a [name_u]Berry[/name_u] about three and a half months ago, I used a public SoundCloud account that someone created to upload some of my first names lists and those of others! (I’ll post it here for those interested)

You have a relaxing voice and I love your accent!

[name_f]Edit[/name_f]: I think a random clip from the channel just popped up when I meant to post the channel itself - for those interested, just click the channel name on top to hear more!

1 Like

Emma Louise, @AdroitArtemis:

@may.rose:

Anna, @futuremama:

Elena, @EJpuddlejumper:

Theodosia, @jonquils:

Also, Kit Galilee is so fun to say aloud!

6 Likes

Thank you @hyacinthbucket! Your voice is lovely btw!

One of these days I’ll get around to doing everybody’s, but it’s getting late, so it will have to wait!

4 Likes

I second all of this :smile:

(reposting because the “system” edited out your quote in the last one :woman_shrugging:t2:)

3 Likes

@w8src

@AdroitArtemis

@anon68906791

@may.rose

@futuremama

@EJpuddlejumper

@jonquils

5 Likes

@ChipmunkGirl

@hyacinthbucket

3 Likes

@daniemc

@w8src

@AdroitArtemis

@anon68906791

@may.rose

@EJpuddlejumper

@jonquils

@ChipmunkGirl

@hyacinthbucket

And mine

6 Likes

Clicking on the arrow isn’t working?

That’s how they look on my phone as well, but just tapping the play button works for me :woman_shrugging:t2: What browser are you using? Maybe that’s the problem :thinking:

I’ve been using the Nameberry “app” (Google chrome extension) since the new interface (Discourse) came about and I love it. So much easier to navigate than the browser alone like I used to do (honestly it was a barrier to me using nameberry before)… if only I could remember how I downloaded it, I’d love to tell you how!

1 Like

@daniemc, your accent and [name_m]Ozymandias[/name_m] [name_u]Jem[/name_u] belong together!! [name_u]Love[/name_u] it, and thank you!

2 Likes

[name_f]Lilian[/name_f], here you go! (@hyacinthbucket) YOur names are AMAZING like literally stunning!

and [name_f]Theodosia[/name_f] (@jonquils), I just had to do yours again (no, not in any way cause I’m obsessesed with your wonderful charming cute meaningful names :grin:) but cause you have new ones! Ok fine it’s just an excuse.

and I decided to do my own to show how I pronounce mine!

3 Likes

I tried to do everyone, so please lmk if I missed you! (I’m uploading them in groups btw)

@w8src

@AdroitArtemis

@jonquils

2 Likes

@anon68906791

@EJpuddlejumper

@ChipmunkGirl

4 Likes

@hyacinthbucket

@daniemc

@futuremama

5 Likes

Would love to hear mine.

But unfortunately I can’t record anyone else’s at the moment.

2 Likes