User Card Pronunciations!

I was recently going through the various pronunciation-based threads here on Nameberry, and I stumbled across a great idea on this thread! I thought it would be fun to hear other people’s user cards read aloud, so @daniemc and @katinka inspired me to start this thread!

Post your recordings of other Berries’ user cards here! It doesn’t necessarily have to be the previous poster’s card, but it can be if no one has requested to hear their user card. Or, if anyone would like to read their own user card, that is definitely welcome!

6 Likes

@daniemc I did yours and mine in one recording!

[name_m]Reading[/name_m] these out loud made me realize that some of them don’t flow very well (I’m looking at you [name_u]Harlow[/name_u] Avalia [name_f]Sun[/name_f]). So I’m gonna have to go back and reevaluate my user card…again🙈.

Also, once I have more time, I’ll read through some of y’all’s user cards and I hope someone will read through mine as well! I love hearing all of our different pronunciations :slight_smile:

1 Like

@AdroitArtemis Here’s yours! I didn’t see as many boys’ names as you said in yours, so I only did what I could see.

Hopefully this works! [name_f]My[/name_f] voice sounds so deep here! :joy:

1 Like

@may.rose @anon68906791 Here are yours!

2 Likes

@AdroitArtemis I’ve been pronouncing Avalia as uh-VALL-ee-uh (vall rhyming with tall, ball, mall), if that changes anything for you! I’ve always thought it was really sweet in that combo :blush:

1 Like

@EJpuddlejumper It’s so weird/cool to hear other people saying my UC :see_no_evil::smile:

2 Likes

@futuremama I’ll do your UC tomorrow!

1 Like

I will do yours now!

Anyone wanna do mine? :wink:

1 Like

A lot of these names are new to me! You guys have really cool UCs!

@futuremama:

@EJpuddlejumper:

@jonquils:

@handlion:

3 Likes

i will come back and do all of your guys!!

1 Like

I want to do some of yours but I don’t have a way to record it right now…
Could somebody try mine? I would really love that :blush:

2 Likes

@ChipmunkGirl Here’s mine!

1 Like

I will try to do yours whenever I can!!!

2 Likes

here it is @ChipmunkGirl!

2 Likes

Thank you [name_m]Stuart[/name_m] and [name_f]Elena[/name_f]!!! It is so interesting to hear how other ppl pronounce names. I pronounce them all like [name_f]Elena[/name_f] except for [name_u]Elisha[/name_u] which I say like Eh-lie-sha. Thank you both!!!

2 Likes

Mine please! I’m stuck with a nearly sleeping baby so I can’t reciprocate at the moment but I hope to get to it, soon!

1 Like

@hyacinthbucket Here’s mine!

1 Like