Utopian and Dystopian and Everything in Between

[name_f]My[/name_f] novel is complicated, but I got a grasp on what I want everything to be. I know what type of names would fit best, but nothing specific. I do need some help figuring out a little.

[name_f]My[/name_f] novel has to deal with utopias, dystopias, aliens, mutations, etc. Y’all can have a lot of fun with this thread.

[name_f]My[/name_f] main character is a water, hybrid alien. Her mother was human while papa was out of this world. Mother died of child birth and father left her on [name_f]Earth[/name_f] to die. He sounds great, huh? She has minty, long hair and blue-green eyes. She has abnormally long, slender fingers and gills on her back for breathing in the depths of the ocean. Her skin is as pale as the moon and soft as silk. She’s around 6’2" in height and very slender. Her age is unknown since the alien blood makes her age unusually. She looks as she is around 17/18 years of age. She makes a hiss-like sound when afraid, but she’s the bravest creature and protects a colony of humans from the elements of the destroyed [name_f]Earth[/name_f] and mutated creatures that roams it.

[name_f]My[/name_f] secondary character has lived a very hard life for only being 19. He has had to participate in gladiator-like games in order to bring food for his mother and younger brother. They were slaves in a utopia of 2500 human and hybrid mixed civilians. His mother and brother died during a cross-fire of a brewing war against the utopia and the remaining aliens over resources. He has a bald head with emerald green eyes. He’s around 5’9 and slightly muscular. He’s stern and a leader. He has many scars from the gladiator games. All he has ever known was to be a thief so he could survive. When he meets the main character and steals food from her colony; problems arise.

So there’s that.

I’d like my alien hybrid to have a name that deals with water without the obvious names like [name_f]Oceane[/name_f], [name_u]Bay[/name_u], or [name_u]Lake[/name_u]. Nothing like that if possible. Strong aqua-like names!

For my little gladiator, I want a strong, masculine name, but with a twist. Due to the gladiator theme, give me some old [name_m]Roman[/name_m] names that would fit that utopia theme. That’d be cool.

Last, but not least; (optional since I’m only truly worried about those two characters) give me a list of dystopian, utopian, alien-like names. Out of this world names, but not too far out there where they can’t even get pronounced correctly by the general public. That’d be so helpful. Any suggestions would be awesome!!

Thank you so much for reading this and hopefully this will inspire some kick-butt names!

Main Character:
[name_m]Iara[/name_m] (means water lady)
[name_f]Ondine[/name_f] (means wave or water spirit)
[name_f]Naida[/name_f] (means as a water nymph)
Inia (means body of water)
[name_f]Nerina[/name_f], [name_f]Nerissa[/name_f] or [name_f]Nerine[/name_f] (mean water)
[name_f]Talise[/name_f] (means beautiful water)
Hydra
[name_f]Indra[/name_f] (means possessing drops of rain)
[name_f]Maris[/name_f] (means of the sea)

Secondary Character:
Torr ([name_f]My[/name_f] dad’s name and it’s very masculine sounding)
[name_m]Acacius[/name_m]
[name_m]Basilius[/name_m]
Caecilius
[name_m]Quintus[/name_m]
[name_m]Julius[/name_m]
[name_m]Calix[/name_m]
[name_m]Gaius[/name_m]/[name_m]Kaius[/name_m]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
Ferox
[name_m]Lucan[/name_m]
Petrus
[name_m]Vitus[/name_m]

Alien names:
All I can think of is [name_f]Xenia[/name_f] at the moment, but I’ll try to come up with more!

MC: [name_f]Pacifica[/name_f], Nym, Melite, [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Tulia[/name_f], [name_u]Pasha[/name_u], [name_f]Vanora[/name_f], Belisama, [name_f]Syrena[/name_f]

SC: [name_f]Cascade[/name_f], [name_f]Isle[/name_f], Lir or Ler, [name_m]Osiris[/name_m], [name_m]Titus[/name_m], Antoninus

Other names: [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] (means man of rome), [name_f]Carys[/name_f], [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], [name_f]Caecilia[/name_f], [name_m]Crispin[/name_m], [name_f]Demetra[/name_f], [name_m]Nero[/name_m], [name_f]Nona[/name_f], [name_f]Ona[/name_f], [name_f]Petra[/name_f], [name_u]Patrice[/name_u]

@faithnamer: I adore [name_f]Indra[/name_f] and [name_f]Maris[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Indra[/name_f] would be a better name simply because it sounds stronger. This girl is a water alien. She needs something to fit the quota. I’m so in love with Ferox too. It just sounds cool. I think [name_m]Kaius[/name_m] would be good too and easy to pronounce.

@whitefeather01: I love [name_f]Pacifica[/name_f] and [name_f]Tulia[/name_f]. [name_f]Pacifica[/name_f] sounds really strong and fits well with what I had in mind. I like [name_m]Osiris[/name_m]. It’s a pretty name regardless.

Thanks so much! Keep it coming!

[name_f]Aqua[/name_f]-Girl: [name_f]Azure[/name_f], [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]/[name_f]Lynne[/name_f]/[name_f]Lynna[/name_f] (means ‘a cascade’), [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] (another name for Lady of the [name_u]Lake[/name_u]), [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], (white wave), [name_f]Marella[/name_f] (shining sea), [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] (protector of the sea), [name_f]Meri[/name_f] (sea), [name_f]Riva[/name_f] (from the shore). These are just some favs, but check out this website where i found them: "Water" Names

Gladiator-boy: [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_m]Tiberius[/name_m], [name_m]Hadrian[/name_m], [name_u]Mercury[/name_u]

Futuristic names (you’re lucky, I have a Microsoft Word document that is just futuristic names):

Girls:
[name_f]Lux[/name_f]
[name_f]Nyx[/name_f]
[name_f]Jena[/name_f]
Kaida, [name_f]Kae[/name_f]
[name_f]Lina[/name_f], [name_u]Lyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Quinna[/name_f]
Cipher
[name_u]Echo[/name_u]
Azla
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]/Xara
Xyla
Zenn
[name_f]Raya[/name_f]
[name_f]Reyna[/name_f]
Foxa
[name_u]Rynn[/name_u]
Klyph
[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cella[/name_f] (pronounced Chella)
Shaelynn
Pryn
Dera
Caza, [name_f]Cala[/name_f]
[name_f]Ambyr[/name_f]
[name_u]Onyx[/name_u]
[name_f]Trisa[/name_f]
Paradox
Lyss, [name_f]Lyzz[/name_f], [name_f]Lyz[/name_f], [name_f]Lys[/name_f]
[name_u]Paz[/name_u], [name_u]Pax[/name_u]
[name_f]Iza[/name_f], [name_u]Isa[/name_u]
[name_m]Penn[/name_m], Pynn
[name_f]Jyl[/name_f]
[name_f]Mei[/name_f]
[name_f]Ele[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]El[/name_f], [name_f]Elyn[/name_f]
Tasma
[name_u]Wynter[/name_u]/[name_u]Wyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Lya[/name_f]
[name_u]Clare[/name_u]
[name_f]Nova[/name_f]/[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]/Galaxa
[name_f]Zaida[/name_f]/Zatea/Zatia
Paprika/[name_f]Rika[/name_f]/Kaprika
Zambara
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_u]Haven[/name_u]

Boys:
[name_m]Jaxon[/name_m]
[name_m]Wolf[/name_m]
Glare
[name_f]Char[/name_f]
[name_m]Blade[/name_m]
Xyler
Nebulon
[name_m]Zabe[/name_m], [name_m]Gabe[/name_m] (Zabriel, [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], [name_m]Gavriel[/name_m])
[name_u]Jace[/name_u]
[name_m]Luka[/name_m], [name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_m]Flint[/name_m], [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_m]Seb[/name_m] ([name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]), [name_m]Zeb[/name_m] (Zebastian)
[name_m]Thane[/name_m], [name_m]Zane[/name_m]
[name_u]Jet[/name_u], [name_m]Jett[/name_m]
Vade
[name_m]Pierce[/name_m]
[name_m]Collin[/name_m]
[name_m]Garth[/name_m]
[name_m]Madox[/name_m]

Good luck, hope this helped!

Water alien: [name_f]Marina[/name_f], [name_u]Evian[/name_u], [name_f]Nixie[/name_f], [name_u]Waverly[/name_u], [name_f]Ianthe[/name_f], [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f], [name_f]Melusine[/name_f] or Melusina

Warrior: [name_m]Argus[/name_m], [name_m]Darius[/name_m], [name_m]Phoebus[/name_m], [name_m]Primus[/name_m], [name_m]Quintus[/name_m], [name_m]Ragnar[/name_m] or [name_m]Viggo[/name_m]

Main female character (all water themed): [name_f]Thalassa[/name_f], Thassa, Thalla, Poseida, Neptuna, Pontea, Styx, Tethys, Eurynome, Charon, Acheron, [name_f]Lethe[/name_f], Brizo, Ceto, Aegea, Stheno, Enyo, [name_m]Delphin[/name_m], [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], Delphini, [name_f]Delphina[/name_f], [name_f]Delphia[/name_f], Deino, Aphros, Bythos, Ladon, Galene, [name_f]Arethusa[/name_f], [name_f]Nerea[/name_f], Nerite, Scylla, [name_f]Sirena[/name_f], [name_f]Ligeia[/name_f], Teles, Thoosa, Triteia, [name_f]Naiad[/name_f], [name_u]Calypso[/name_u], Eidyia, Palici, Acis, [name_m]Alpheus[/name_m], Caspiana, Caspienne, Ino, Caspia, Argyra, [name_f]Ondine[/name_f], [name_f]Undine[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Marilla[/name_f], [name_u]Hali[/name_u], Umi, [name_u]Kai[/name_u], [name_f]Darya[/name_f], [name_m]Havelock[/name_m], [name_f]Kairi[/name_f], [name_f]Mirra[/name_f], [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f], [name_f]Nerida[/name_f], [name_f]Nerissa[/name_f], [name_f]Neris[/name_f], [name_f]Pania[/name_f], [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], [name_f]Ula[/name_f], [name_f]Neri[/name_f], [name_u]Pasha[/name_u], [name_f]Pacifica[/name_f], [name_f]Marjani[/name_f], [name_m]Bardo[/name_m], [name_f]Anahita[/name_f], [name_f]Moselle[/name_f], [name_f]Nahla[/name_f], [name_m]Kano[/name_m], [name_f]Naida[/name_f], [name_f]Pavati[/name_f], [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f], [name_f]Picabo[/name_f], [name_m]Moishe[/name_m], [name_u]Tahoe[/name_u], [name_u]Ren[/name_u], [name_f]Lotus[/name_f], Nénuphar / Nenuphar, Suiren, [name_m]Varan[/name_m], [name_f]Yareli[/name_f], Agua, Mizu, [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f], [name_f]Gwenore[/name_f], [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f], [name_f]Gali[/name_f], [name_f]Dwyn[/name_f].

Male character (not all are [name_m]Roman[/name_m], hopefully they have the right feel): [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m], Paulinius, Paulinus, [name_m]Almus[/name_m], [name_m]Aegeus[/name_m], Aelius, Appius, Aquilinius, [name_m]Nereus[/name_m], Atilius, Aulus, Avilius, Caecilius / Cecilius, Caelius, Camillus, [name_m]Cassian[/name_m], [name_m]Cato[/name_m], [name_m]Cassius[/name_m], [name_m]Cicero[/name_m], [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m], Cordelius, [name_m]Crispus[/name_m], [name_m]Decimus[/name_m], [name_m]Septimus[/name_m], Drusus, Ennius, [name_m]Fabianus[/name_m], [name_m]Fabius[/name_m], [name_m]Faustus[/name_m], [name_m]Flavius[/name_m], Florus, [name_m]Gaius[/name_m], Gallus, Hadrianus, [name_m]Horatius[/name_m], Iulianus, Iulius, [name_m]Junius[/name_m], Iunius, Laelius, [name_m]Laurentius[/name_m], [name_m]Lucanus[/name_m], Lucilius, [name_m]Lucretius[/name_m], [name_m]Marcellus[/name_m], Marcius, [name_m]Marcus[/name_m], Marinus, [name_m]Marius[/name_m], Naevius, Nonus, [name_m]Octavius[/name_m], [name_m]Otho[/name_m], Petronius, Priscus, Quintullus, [name_m]Quintus[/name_m], Rufinus, Sabinus, [name_u]Seneca[/name_u], [name_m]Sergius[/name_m], [name_m]Silvanus[/name_m], [name_m]Tarquin[/name_m], Tatianus, Tatius, [name_m]Tertius[/name_m], [name_m]Titus[/name_m], [name_m]Tullius[/name_m], [name_m]Valentinus[/name_m], Valens, Vespasianus, Vibianus, Vinicius, [name_m]Vitus[/name_m], [name_m]Antonius[/name_m], [name_m]Aurelius[/name_m], [name_m]Basilius[/name_m], [name_m]Cadmus[/name_m], [name_m]Claudius[/name_m], [name_m]Clovus[/name_m], [name_m]Columbus[/name_m], [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m], [name_m]Demetrius[/name_m], [name_m]Franus[/name_m], [name_m]Oceanus[/name_m], [name_m]Hesperus[/name_m].

[name_m]General[/name_m] public: [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f], Attica, [name_f]Astoria[/name_f], [name_f]Arcadia[/name_f], [name_m]Arc[/name_m], [name_f]Arcangela[/name_f], [name_f]Arcelia[/name_f], [name_f]Cerelia[/name_f], [name_m]Seraphim[/name_m], Belladetta, Safienne, [name_f]Fenna[/name_f], [name_f]Peridot[/name_f], [name_f]Ishi[/name_f], [name_f]Salvadora[/name_f], [name_f]Miko[/name_f], [name_f]Rowena[/name_f], [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m] / [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m], [name_f]Marcela[/name_f] / [name_f]Marcella[/name_f], [name_u]Valo[/name_u], [name_f]Capella[/name_f], [name_f]Bettine[/name_f], Sugi, Senecio, Firenza, [name_f]Inessa[/name_f], [name_f]Elka[/name_f], [name_f]Zelda[/name_f], [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u], [name_m]Fiero[/name_m], [name_m]Beamer[/name_m], [name_m]Calhoun[/name_m], [name_m]Havelock[/name_m], [name_m]Taft[/name_m], Taf, [name_u]Tab[/name_u], Yoop, [name_m]Yuma[/name_m], [name_m]Tav[/name_m], [name_u]Red[/name_u], [name_m]Zo[/name_m], [name_f]Zee[/name_f], [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m], [name_u]Frost[/name_u], [name_u]Dune[/name_u], [name_m]Seb[/name_m], [name_u]Dove[/name_u], [name_m]Cello[/name_m], [name_m]Galileo[/name_m], Owl, [name_m]Frodi[/name_m], Nightingale, [name_m]Pluto[/name_m], [name_m]Laszlo[/name_m], [name_m]Boone[/name_m], [name_m]Bede[/name_m], [name_m]Bard[/name_m], [name_m]Iggy[/name_m], [name_m]Ziggy[/name_m], Bloom, Blessing, [name_m]Noble[/name_m], [name_m]Prosper[/name_m], [name_u]Dagny[/name_u], [name_u]Vesper[/name_u], Motoki, Onzo, [name_m]Lonzo[/name_m], Toromiro, Hemlock, Belladonna, [name_m]Nim[/name_m], [name_f]Silence[/name_f], Balsa, [name_m]Cedro[/name_m], Boab, [name_u]Senegal[/name_u], [name_m]Hemilio[/name_m], [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m], [name_m]Sherwood[/name_m], Arbola, Sugi, Kannimara, Larch, Moctezuma, Redwood, Sycamore, [name_u]Sequoia[/name_u], Sitka, [name_f]Cypress[/name_f], [name_u]Elm[/name_u], [name_u]Oak[/name_u], [name_u]Spruce[/name_u], Ginkgo, Kauri, Jarrah, Boab, [name_m]Huon[/name_m], Ished, Nepenthes, Bonsai, [name_u]Senegal[/name_u], [name_f]Mahogany[/name_f], Alupag, [name_m]Balsam[/name_m], Balsa, [name_m]Cedro[/name_m], Mangrove, [name_u]Cedar[/name_u], Montezuma, Evodia, Ulmus, Palmetto, Feijoa, Foxglove, Lunaria, Larkspur, Senecio, Greenheart, Hackberry, Hesper, Moringa, Koyamaki, Caroba, Toromiro, Conifer, Kentia, Amarillo, Licaria, Mesquite, Meryta, Mombin, Nimtree, Neem, [name_m]Nim[/name_m], Oleander, Pindo, Pongam, Maga, Licuri, Rimu, Sago, Manzanillo, Sumac, [name_u]Yarrow[/name_u], Saguinto, [name_f]Zelkova[/name_f], [name_m]Absalom[/name_m], Ducky, [name_f]Anouk[/name_f], Hesper, Hespera, [name_f]Vespera[/name_f].