Variants of Clara

So we’ve had our minds made up on [name_f]Clara[/name_f] most of my pregnancy…but now it just doesnt feel right. We know a [name_u]Clare[/name_u] and I didnt think it would bother me…but now it does. I’m looking though for something similar sounding (minus the Clare). What are your thoughts on-

[name_f]Cinara[/name_f]? (This was newly discovered and I’m just not sure if i love it or hate it. But love how unique yet easy to pronounce it is! But I also keep hearing Sayonara…)

[name_f]Calina[/name_f]? (Does it sound too much like yelling “CLEAN! CaLEAN UP!”)

[name_f]Chiara[/name_f]? [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Cierra[/name_f]? (Eh…I like [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] better…and really want the C initial)

[name_f]Cara[/name_f]? (Too 90s?)

[name_f]Carrie[/name_f]? (Also kind of dated.?)

[name_f]Carina[/name_f] (I WANT to like it…but I associate it so much with people with Italian accents…)

Any other suggestions? Let me know if you agree or disagree with my thoughts. I tend to overthink lol!

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] is nice, but simple.

I love [name_f]Cynara[/name_f], [name_f]Cesaria[/name_f], [name_f]Chestina[/name_f], Cesarine,Claret, [name_f]Clary[/name_f], [name_f]Clarion[/name_f], [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f], [name_f]Clarimond[/name_f], [name_f]Corisande[/name_f], [name_f]Cassia[/name_f], [name_f]Cassandre[/name_f], [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f], [name_f]Connemara[/name_f], [name_f]Corsica[/name_f], [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f], [name_f]Cambria[/name_f], [name_f]Cameo[/name_f], [name_f]Cady[/name_f], [name_f]Citlali[/name_f], [name_f]Christiane[/name_f], [name_f]Cecily[/name_f], [name_f]Cecile[/name_f], and more…

I adore [name_f]Clara[/name_f] but if your love for it is diminishing, then my vote goes to [name_f]Chiara[/name_f]. It’s such a beautiful Italian name and very similar to [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. I personally dislike Sierra/Cierra - it lacks the sophistication and elegance of [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Chiara[/name_f] (to me at least) - but if you prefer it, that’s most important of course.

The other options aren’t really my style. Have you thought at all about [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Celine[/name_f], [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] or [name_f]Clover[/name_f]? Not that they’re similar to [name_f]Clara[/name_f] (apart from Claudia) but they at least start with a C.

I like [name_f]Clara[/name_f] but I love [name_f]Cara[/name_f]- it comes across as spunky and modern but still comfortingly familiar to me. I know you mentioned it has a 90’s vibe to you but I actually know only three Cara’s and they are aged ~55, 31 & 6months old.

Other options I like are:

[name_f]Clover[/name_f]
[name_f]Clodagh[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Catrin[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Charis[/name_f]

What about Carys!? I love this name (I would have spelled it Karis) but [name_f]Carys[/name_f] is the original spelling.
Otherwise perhaps [name_f]Colette[/name_f], [name_f]Cosette[/name_f], [name_u]Colbie[/name_u] or [name_f]Capri[/name_f]?

1 Like

Your names are lovely :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Cinara - This is my favourite for you! I think that it’s really sleek and pretty.

Calina - I also really like this one. It definitely does not sound like:

Chiara - I adore this name. It’s so classy! I do prefer Sierra to Cierra though.

Cara - I like this name. Short and sweet.

Carrie - This one is really cute. It could work as a nickname for all of your names if you like that sort of thing.

Carina - Carina is okay. I’m not the biggest fan of it, though. I prefer the other names on your list.

[name_f]Calina[/name_f] is sleek and lovely! [name_f]Chiara[/name_f] and [name_f]Cierra[/name_f] are nice too

[name_f]Cienna[/name_f]
[name_f]Caia[/name_f]
[name_f]Calia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Carissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]

I really like [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] :blush:

Drop the C and get [name_f]Lara[/name_f]?

I do like [name_f]Clara[/name_f] best from your list. [name_f]Carina[/name_f] is lovely too. I was considering it, but it’s actually too close to my dog’s name!
Other ideas: [name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Carolina[/name_f], [name_f]Catrina[/name_f], [name_f]Carla[/name_f]

I LOVE [name_f]Carina[/name_f] and it’s meaning! And I’ve known at least a few who were not in anyway Italian or Spanish so I think it easily works on anyone.