Variants of Teresa..

My daughter has my mother/grandmother/great grandmother/OH’s grandmother’s name as a middle name - [name]Elizabeth[/name].
Our next baby will also have two middle names, a name that we like and a family name.
We’re currently stuck on our girly choice. OH’s mother is called [name]Teresa[/name]. I honestly hate the name (sorry!) and trying to find an alternative that I do like!
I know there’s [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name]. I don’t like these either!
Any other suggestions? :slight_smile:

Here’s a few ideas:

[name]Terese[/name]
[name]Therese[/name] (tay-REHZ)
[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Teri[/name]/[name]Terry[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

My birthname is [name]Theresa[/name] but I was named with the intention of calling me [name]Tressa[/name]. It might be too similar to [name]Tessa[/name] though.

There’s also [name]Trace[/name]/[name]Tracy[/name] (a bit dated).

Random anecdote: my sister is named [name]Elizabeth[/name]

Oooh, [name]Reese[/name] :slight_smile: It’s definitely an option!

Thanks ladies!

I love [name]Thais[/name] or Thaissa… [name]Tay[/name]-iss or [name]Tah[/name]-iss is the pronunciation. It’s distinct & has history.

[name]Raisa[/name] or [name]Reece[/name] might work for you also. Or maybe the Tuh-raise-uh pronunciation would sweeten the name for you? Considering that pronunciation [name]Ray[/name] could work maybe.

Or [name]Terra[/name] or [name]Tara[/name]

The only thing I can think of is [name]Reese[/name]/[name]Risa[/name] (or even something like [name]Brisa[/name]). I think [name]Terra[/name] could work, too, though. :slight_smile: