Variations of Leah?

My husband loves this name…I like it, but its a little too short for me. I tend to like longer names with a cute nn ([name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], etc). I wouldn’t mind having a longer name with a nn [name]Leah[/name]. Can anyone think of any names that are a long, feminine, not over used that I could use [name]Leah[/name] as a nn?

Thanks Berries! :smiley:

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Emiliana[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Alia[/name]
[name]Amalia[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Thalia[/name]
[name]Rosalia[/name]
These all have [name]Lia[/name] in them, which would get you the [name]Leah[/name] sound, but it might be better to spell it [name]Lia[/name] in this case.

Tried to give a few that don’t rely on -lia, but that is tricky! They would allow [name]Leah[/name] as a middle name in some cases, so she could have both [name]Lia[/name]/[name]Lea[/name] as a nickname and [name]Leah[/name] as a sound. Good luck!

[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name]/[name]Gillian[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] (a stretch)
[name]Anneliese[/name] (a stretch)
[name]Eliese[/name] (a stretch)
[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Eleora[/name] (a stretch)
[name]Lenora[/name] (a stretch)
[name]Leanora[/name]
Leonella (a stretch)
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Odelia[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Ottilia[/name]
[name]Talia[/name]
[name]Coralia[/name] (if you’d look into names like [name]Natalie[/name], [name]Coralie[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name], it’s a whole new ball park…)
[name]Liana[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]

Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions ladies…

What do you think of [name]Annaleah[/name]? Does it sound made up? (I knew a baby by this name, so I didn’t think of it, but I never hear it and I’m afraid it sounds made up). What about the sp Annalia?

It looks OK and certainly hits marks for both of you. I think [name]Anna[/name] is a name that’s more flexible than most to take something short as a combo name. Maybe because it’s a palindrome. I have a cousin [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Leah[/name] who always seems happy with her name. I think it looks nice to have some space, otherwise you’re looking at the word annal (like Annals of Medicine), which is close (not horribly close, but close-ish) to a more unfortunate word. [name]Annaleah[/name] or some version is better to my eyes than Annalia (this seems like it would be the Latin word for Annals!). Does Anneleah work? [name]Anneliese[/name] nn [name]Leah[/name]?

Best wishes!

[name]Annaleah[/name] looks fine, but like the previous poster I think I’d prefer it as [name]Anna[/name] [name]Leah[/name] or [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Leah[/name], though, regarding the Annals situation, I was just about to suggest [name]Analeah[/name] before I realize why that was much, much worse :oops: . Annalia does look like something you’d find in a biology lab to me, and also makes me want to draw out the second syllable for some reason (an-awh-lee-ah). I’m also kind of fond of [name]Annalee[/name], which might give you leah at a stretch. [name]Aurelia[/name] also strikes me as a fine choice. :smiley:

i really like [name]Nataleea[/name] pronounced (nat-a-lee-a) i’ve never heard it used, i just made it up but i thought it sounded so pretty. i love the name [name]Natalie[/name], but i wanted to add a bit of an elegant flair.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Aurelia[/name]? :smiley: