Variations of Lucy

It’s very important that I have a name to honor [name]Lucy[/name] on my list. Right now I have [name]Lucia[/name] but I’m not 100% sure about it. I like [name]Lucy[/name] as is but it just doesnt feel right for me. I’ve heard [name]Lucille[/name], [name]Lucia[/name], [name]Lucilla[/name], and [name]Lucienne[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you know any others? What is your favorite variation?

I have a good friend who goes by [name]Luci[/name] but her real name is Lucinia.

There’s [name]Lucinda[/name], but I’m not a huge fan.

[name]Luz[/name] (Spanish version). There’s a wonderful story about a newborn named [name]Luz[/name] [name]Milagros[/name] (if you Google the name it does come up)
[name]Lucetta[/name]
Lucita

[name]Lula[/name]
[name]Lulu[/name]

Would you consider other names that mean light?

[name]Hi[/name],

Someone mentioned in earlier, however, have you considered using [name]Lucinda[/name]? I think it is a beautiful name. It is not common, and it lends itself to many nicknames including [name]Lucy[/name].

Warmly,

[name]Sahar[/name]

[name]Lucinda[/name] is cute I’m not sure though. I have other names that mean light on my list but I’d really love to have a variation of [name]Lucy[/name] somewhere. I do like [name]Luz[/name] as well but I think it would stick out on my list.

I like [name]Lucinda[/name], [name]Lux[/name], [name]Lucia[/name], [name]Lucine[/name], [name]Lucia[/name], [name]Lucette[/name]

The only one I can think of that hasn’t been mentioned is [name]Luciana[/name]. [name]Lux[/name] came to mind first, as well.

I’m a [name]Lucy[/name] whose formal name is [name]Lucia[/name] (with no real preference for pronunciation. I don’t use [name]Lucia[/name] when not living in Spain, but it’s pretty convenient when I am there).
I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lucina[/name], and I think [name]Lucila[/name] is pretty, too (lu-SEE-na and lu-SEE-la).

There’s [name]Luciana[/name]. Or its nickname which is sometimes used as a full name, Ciana.
I think the pronunciation is open - can be CHEE-ah-nah or SEE-ah-nah.

Or if you want to do a switcheroo of the L and C sounds, there’s Suli (I know an [name]Ursula[/name] who goes by Suli… or maybe it’s Sulie?)
Or [name]Celia[/name].

My favourite is [name]Lucia[/name], I love the nickname [name]Luce[/name] and [name]Lucia[/name] is on my list. I like pretty much all “[name]Luce[/name]” names:
[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Lucilla[/name]
[name]Lucienne[/name]
[name]Luciana[/name]
or just sweet [name]Lucie[/name] :slight_smile:

I love [name]Lucasta[/name], which I don’t think has been mentioned yet. Maybe a bit too much? [name]Lucretia[/name]/[name]Lucrezia[/name] could also work, but I’m not sure how well that would blend with your other names. My favourite options are [name]Lucinda[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] or just [name]Lucy[/name].

I love the name [name]Lucy[/name]. [name]Lucia[/name] and [name]Lucille[/name] are very pretty too : )

This might be a bit of a stretch, but there was another member awhile ago who had a daughter named [name]Louisa[/name] that was nicknamed [name]Lucy[/name]. I think [name]Louisa[/name] is a beautiful name! I’m also a huge fan of the name [name]Lucy[/name], I love [name]Lucia[/name] as well! [name]Hope[/name] that I could help!

[name]Lucia[/name] is my favorite.

I’ve heard Lucelia which is really neat. You could call her [name]Celia[/name] or [name]Lucy[/name].