Variations of Nicole

My mn is my mom’s fn, and I long ago decided that my first daughter will have my fn as a mn. I want to see if it can become a tradition.

That being said, my name is [name]Nicole[/name], if you haven’t guessed. haha But it doesn’t go with either of the two girl names I’ve chosen.

I’ve looked into [name]Cosette[/name] because I absolutely love [name]Les[/name] Miserables, but I’m not sure if I love the name enough or if I’m bold enough to use it. Would this future child be upset that that’s her mn? I think N variations are out because that’s why, in my mind, [name]Nicole[/name] doesn’t work. But feel free to list them anyway, just in case. Are there any variations that I’m missing or don’t know of? Are there modern changes that make it almost a totally new name, but you can still see where it came from?

Thank you for your help!

What about [name]Colette[/name]? It’s very similar to [name]Cosette[/name], which you mentioned, and it’s very reminiscent of [name]Nicole[/name].

I’m sure you’ve already considered [name]Nicola[/name] and [name]Nicolette[/name].
Maybe [name]Noelle[/name] or [name]Nola[/name]? They’re a bit of a stretch though…

It would help if you listed some first names you like/have considered.

Well, my favorite [name]Nic[/name]- name is [name]Nicolette[/name]. Maybe that goes better? It’s hard to find variations of [name]Nicole[/name] that don’t start with an N, so sorry there are so many.

Variations I could find:

[name]Nicola[/name]
[name]Nicolette[/name]
[name]Nika[/name]
Nikolina
[name]Nikoleta[/name]
[name]Nicoletta[/name]
[name]Nicoline[/name]
[name]Nicolina[/name]
[name]Nicolasa[/name]
[name]Coline[/name]
[name]Colette[/name]
Klasina
Klazina
[name]Nichelle[/name]
[name]Nikolia[/name]
[name]Kolenka[/name]
[name]Nikita[/name]

Oops, totally forgot to mention that the girls first names I’ve chosen are:

[name]Adrienne[/name] and [name]Quinn[/name]

([name]Quinn[/name] may or may not pan out. Hubby isn’t that into it anymore. But I’m crossing my fingers!)

Hmmm, I like [name]Adrienne[/name] [name]Nicole[/name], but it does run together a bit. As the pp have mentioned, what about [name]Colette[/name]? As dantea found, it’s a variation of [name]Nicole[/name]. It might just be the right name to match [name]Adrienne[/name]. It has a very pretty flow to it and you avoid the end and beginning letters running together!

I think [name]Adrienne[/name] [name]Colette[/name] would be gorgeous!
[name]Adrienne[/name] [name]Nicole[/name] works well too…runs together a little tiny bit, but it still works.

I thought that too about [name]Adrienne[/name] [name]Nicole[/name]. It works, but it runs together.

[name]Colette[/name] does work very well. I’ll definitely consider it!

Thanks, all, for your input! It helps seeing what others think.

Another [name]Les[/name] Miz fan here! :slight_smile: I wouldn’t be upset at all to have [name]Cosette[/name] as a middle name. It’s got a great meaning, both as a name and to you personally, and it sounds nice.

Thanks! I’ve been saying [name]Adrienne[/name] with [name]Cosette[/name] and [name]Colette[/name] out loud and writing them. And I think [name]Cosette[/name] is the winner. I just think the S sound is stronger than the L sound and makes a better bridge btwn first & last.

Thanks again everybody! I really appreciate it!

People here probably get sick of my opinion of Cosette so I’ll keep it short but I wouldn’t use it, Cosette was a weak, frail, poor character, in France this name has a lot of negative connotations and would be looked down on by some people which I guess has really colored my view of it.

Judging by posts I see on English forums this name would probably be fresh and cute here so in the end it’s up to you, I think people here would like it but I think Colette works beautifully and would choose that instead.

Another [name]Nicole[/name] here!

What about [name]Victoria[/name]? They share the same meaning.

My favourite [name]Nicole[/name] variation is Nicolaia. [name]Nicoline[/name] is pretty too (though it kind of sounds like “nicotine”?).