Vera?

What do you all think of [name]Vera[/name]? I’m sort of falling in love with it for whatever reason. Is it too old lady-ish?

Well, I’m a real tennis fan, so my first thought is [name]Vera[/name] Zvonareva of [name]Russia[/name]. Then I think [name]Vera[/name] [name]Bradley[/name]…

It is a fine name, but I really like it as a nickname for [name]Guinevere[/name]!

I think it’s a pretty name, and like [name]Lemon[/name] said, if you’re unsure about it on its own, it could be a nickname for [name]Guinevere[/name].

I also love it as a nickname for [name]Veronica[/name], which is something I learned from [name]Susan[/name] (a nameberry poster) a while back.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Vera[/name]'s really sweet, and I like it as a nickname for [name]Guinevere[/name], [name]Verity[/name], [name]Elvira[/name], or [name]Veronica[/name].

I’ve always thought it was nice. It is also kind of old-lady. I don’t really like some old names just to be quirky (aka “hipster-y”), but this name is pretty to me and I just like it a lot. I like this just fine in its form. It doesn’t need to be a nickname for anything. If you like those names suggested or find one, it’s ok as a nickname, but I like it just the way it is over all the options suggested so far. It’s simple and clean and pretty (my taste in names generally), and has a good meaning.

I love [name]Vera[/name]! It sounds so sweet and easygoing but has that little bit of sass:) There is also a lovely song about a [name]Vera[/name] and like someone said, it has a nice meaning too. It sounds like the perfect choice to me!

To me it’s all crabby old lady. Bceause she’s the only one I know. However then I think Dame [name]Vera[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] and I think [name]Vera[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] is a lovely name.

To me it’s all crabby old lady. Bceause she’s the only one I know. However then I think Dame [name]Vera[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] and I think [name]Vera[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] is a lovely name.

Too old lady for me. But then I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lois[/name], and most people think that’s too fusty! It’s definitely one of the names that could be due a revival.

I love [name]Vera[/name]! [name]Jill[/name] is right - [name]Veronica[/name] is one of my favorites. And [name]Jill[/name], you are so creative to think of [name]Guinevere[/name].

Awe, thanks, [name]Susan[/name]. As soon as you mentioned [name]Vera[/name] as a nickame for [name]Veronica[/name], [name]Vera[/name] started to feel very fresh to me.

I hope you’re doing well! :slight_smile:

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Vera[/name]! It’s has a cute, soft sound…

i think it’s beautiful(:

[name]Jill[/name] is fantastic! [name]Guinevere[/name] is fabulous and [name]Vera[/name] (or [name]Eve[/name], if she wants another nickname maybe) is a great nickname. I also think that [name]Vera[/name] is a pretty name on its own, I just am usually a fan of long names/nicknames… either way you win! :slight_smile:

[name]Vera[/name] is very pretty :slight_smile: