VERB Baby Names??

My husband said this morning “what about a verb type name for the baby”. What do you think? We are having a boy, any Verb’s that sound good as names?

This isn’t really my style, so this is a stretch for me, but I thought it might be fun to see if I could come up with some suggestions for what a good “verb name” might sound like:

Travel (kind of similar to [name]Travis[/name])

[name]Author[/name] (this is both a verb and a noun, and also kind of a variant on an occupation name; it’s also similar in sound to [name]Arthur[/name]. I actually really like this one.)

Weather (again, a noun and a verb; I like the meaning as a verb, though, and it reminds me of what I like about female virtue names like [name]Patience[/name] and [name]Temperance[/name]. I think this sounds more masculine the feminine, but others might disagree, especially since it rhymes with [name]Heather[/name]).

[name]Marvel[/name] (what’s cool about this is there is the verb meaning, which as a name makes me think of a child in constant awe at the world, but there’s also the comic book connection, which is fun for a little boy. Not sure how well it would age, though, and it might sound to close to [name]Marvin[/name], which is a bit on the dorky side).

Excel (has a great sound, but the the literal nature of its ambitions for your child may be a bit too much)

I’m not sure if the above are what your husband had in mind, or if he was thinking of a verb that is more sporty in nature, in which case he might like something more like:

Catch
Tackle (or Tack)
[name]Field[/name]

What a fun idea!

[name]Chase[/name]
[name]Ace[/name]
[name]Abel[/name]
[name]Bill[/name]
[name]Art[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Rob[/name]
[name]Mark[/name]
[name]Skip[/name]
[name]Drew[/name]
[name]Kit[/name]
[name]Gage[/name]
[name]Scout[/name]
[name]Trip[/name]
[name]Muse[/name]
[name]Duke[/name]
[name]Cruise[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Journey[/name]
Merit
Catch
Tie
[name]Rush[/name]
[name]Bail[/name]

[name]Arch/name
Ryd(er)
[name]Parker[/name]
[name]Grover[/name]
[name]Granger[/name]
[name]Porter[/name]
[name]Hunter[/name]
[name]Forrester[/name]
[name]Walker[/name]
[name]Gardner[/name]

I like [name]Dash[/name], especially as nn for [name]Dashiell[/name] and it always makes me think of a quick, darting, active little boy!