Vibes from name Griffin?

I keep coming back to the name [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] for another boy. It was almost the name of one of my twins but they ended up [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] instead.
What kind of vibes do you get from [name_m]Griffin[/name_m]? [name_f]My[/name_f] style is some kind of mix of Victorian, Mythological and [name_u]Nature[/name_u] names. [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] were on the tamer side of the names I like and the ones that DH agreed to, but I think they fit that style perfectly and I want that for a third child too. :slight_smile:
So what do you think? I keep having doubts and thinking [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] seems too modern.
Any other suggestions?

Edited to add: Opinions on the combo [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]?

1 Like

I always picture a strong, funny little boy. I think it works super well with your boys’ names!

2 Likes

[name_m]Griffin[/name_m] has a modern, adventurous vibe to me. Like a more American [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] or [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m].

3 Likes

Ooh, I really love this combo :yellow_heart: I enjoy a bit of alliteration when it’s not overwhelming, and this is perfect!

[name_m]Griffin[/name_m] is a great name. I actually know a little one and I think it’s pretty versatile in terms of style. The one I know has a little brother M0ss and gets called [name_m]Griff[/name_m] for short, but you could equally pair it with slightly under-the-radar vintage options or cool names with a nature vibe (like [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]). There’s also potential for [name_m]Fin[/name_m]/[name_u]Finn[/name_u] for short, to make it a bit more “contemporary classic”.

I think it fits your sibset well, and I really, really love the name. Thumbs up from me!

2 Likes

[name_m]Griffin[/name_m] has a kind of mystical, mysterious vibe and i can totally see it working alongside [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]

2 Likes

I really like [name_m]Griffin[/name_m]! I knew a couple Griffins growing up so it honestly has a more 90s/00s vibe to me than a mythological one. But I never found the name to be overused so it still has a spark that other names I associate with people my age don’t. I think it sounds great with [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] though, and I think as a sibset, those names pull out the mythology in [name_m]Griffin[/name_m].

1 Like

Thank you all for the feedback! Much appreciated. I think this has convinced me to keep it as my top choice! :slight_smile:

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], and [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] is honestly so perfect a sibset. I really like it for you. [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] is so cute and goes so well with your twins’ honor middles.

I think of [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] as a happy-go-lucky, nature-loving boy name. I see a boy in yellow galoshes climbing a tree seconds after the rain. I get similar vibes from [name_u]Larkin[/name_u], [name_m]Scott[/name_m], [name_m]Ross[/name_m], and [name_m]Brooks[/name_m].

1 Like

Thank you! I love your description of [name_m]Griffin[/name_m]. :slight_smile: I really like the name [name_u]Larkin[/name_u] as well.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure until I read @jonquils reply: [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], and [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] do all sound like knights! [name_u]Love[/name_u] it as a sibset. [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] is great - I’m a huge fan of alliterative names.

2 Likes

Yes, I like the idea of them all sounding like knights too. :slight_smile: And I do love alliteration anytime I can get away with it!

1 Like

I’ve always thought of it as kinda modern and spunky but I totally think it works with your other kids for the feel you described too. I actually really like the overall vibe of all three names and yeah it’s more knight-like.

1 Like

I agree with the knights of the round table image. Three fantastic brother names.

1 Like

Oh I love [name_m]Griffin[/name_m]! It’s one of our top contenders also, especially for cool-guy nickname [name_m]Griff[/name_m]. I think it’s the perfect combination of old and new, and I love it for this sib set. I also have [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] on my list!

[name_u]Robin[/name_u] also comes to mind for a similar vibe (boy/girl).

1 Like

[name_m]Griffin[/name_m] sounds like a “cool” kid who is also kind of artistic and intellectual. Nice name!

1 Like

[name_m]Griffin[/name_m] absolutely works with your existing names :slight_smile:

1 Like