Violet Ophelia vs. Violet Amélie?

See the results of this poll: Elisabeth or Eliora?

Respondents: 20 (This poll is closed)

• Violet Amélie Eliora : 7 (35%)
  • Violet Amélie Elisabeth: 13 (65%)

I really love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]!!

Why not [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] or [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]?

Thanks, ladies! While I do love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], I think I’m decided on [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Amélie. At least, for now. @historygirl - I had considered [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Amélie [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] or [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Amélie, but it just didn’t seem to mesh as well for me.

I think I’m down to two combos–[name_f]Violet[/name_f] Amélie [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Amélie [name_f]Eliora[/name_f]. Which does everyone prefer? I will add a poll to the thread, in case anyone wants to vote.

I think [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] has a wonderful sound. While I prefer [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] to [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], sound-wise [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] is better.

Good choice! I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is pretty, but the Shakespearean character makes me think negatively of it. [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] was a weak girl who couldn’t think for herself lol It’s hard because that’s the biggest example of the name. But if you love it, use it. You can make it positive :slight_smile:
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] is beautiful.

I voted for [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Amélie [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]. It sounds very beautiful and classic and I love that it has a lot of meaning for you. I also love [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] (it’s stunning!) but to me it’s a bit of a tongue twister after Amélie. [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] flows better [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

@cheshirekat - Thank you! I am starting to lean in the direction of [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Amélie [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], as well. I was worried that it might be a bit too classic or boring, but it’s just so sweet, to me. I like the delicate, dainty [name_m]French[/name_m] feel to it. It’s probably foolish to admit, but I was always drawn to the [name_m]French[/name_m] verb améliorer (which means to improve) because it sort of looks like a (rather delicate, imo!) smoosh of Amélie and [name_f]Eliora[/name_f]. So when I thought of [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Amélie, [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Amélie [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] was my first thought. I keep waffling between finding it delicately charming, or way too much. It is a ton of vowel sounds. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Amélie [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] almost feels similar, but it does definitely sound better! I’ve loved [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] for a really long time, so I really would love to keep it on my list somewhere, but I have no clue where else I’d put it. I think I might actually prefer [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] with my surname (which is rather like [name_m]Roberts[/name_m]), but I guess it would depend on how you say Amélie, too. The traditional [name_m]French[/name_m] way–which is rather like [name_m]AH[/name_m]-mee-lee–is probably the worst with [name_f]Eliora[/name_f], but I like [name_m]AH[/name_m]-muh-lee ell-ee-OR-ah isn’t too bad. AM-illy ell-ee-OR-ah is okay, too, maybe.

Does [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Amélie [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] strike anyone as too boring/classic? That’s my main concern with it…

The main thing that bother me with Amelie [name_f]El[/name_f]iora is the repeating of the “elee” sounds, the emphasis or the general amount of vowels doesn’t strike me as that bad. Especially since [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] is A-meh-lee, so the e sound is different.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] doesn’t sound boring to me but rather played safe in the most interesting way.