Violet or Estela?

[name]Baby[/name] Girl due in 9 weeks is likely to be an [name]Estela[/name] or a [name]Violet[/name] but which is driving me nuts. i do have the wild card of which does she look like when she’s born but i’d love to hear what you guys think. Her brother’s name is [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Sol[/name]. (double Barrelled surname)

I like [name]Violet[/name]! [name]Estela[/name] is cute, but for some reason I get this ‘old granny’ vibe from it. [name]Violet[/name] is a lot more modern and spunky.

I love [name]Gabriel[/name]! [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Sol[/name] is such a spunky combination! :slight_smile:

I prefer [name]Estella[/name] spelt thusly, but [name]Estela[/name] is still nice. [name]Violet[/name] is increasing in popularity, but is still sweet and pretty.

I think [name]Gabriel[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] make a wonderful sibset! Have you thought of middle names?

Best of luck?

Ooooh, that’s a toughie! I love both names, but I slightly prefer [name]Violet[/name]!

My advice would be to wait until she’s born and then decide if you think she seems more like a [name]Violet[/name] or [name]Estela[/name]. My personal preference is [name]Violet[/name] though.

This is exactly what I was going to say!

Thanks people! i’m also leaning toward [name]Violet[/name]. My spanish family all prefer [name]Estela[/name] but that is just because its more natural sounding for them. My English partners side prefer [name]Violet[/name]. I love your opinions cos of the name hearing expertise and honesty. I know [name]Violet[/name] is increasing in popularity but as with [name]Gabriel[/name] i dont ever want to go with a completely unique name just one that is classic yet spunky. As for middle names i want a simmilar one syllable spanish word name. Ist contender is currently [name]Paz[/name] ([name]Violet[/name] [name]Paz[/name]) and others i’ve considered have been, [name]Dia[/name], [name]Ala[/name], [name]Oro[/name], [name]Rio[/name] and [name]Mia[/name]. WDYT?
Other names i love are- [name]Isla[/name], [name]Raquel[/name], [name]Seraphine[/name], [name]Anais[/name], [name]Vera[/name], [name]Vida[/name] and [name]Mauve[/name].
I think its about vowels and v’s for me?