Virginia Woolf's Great-Nieces

Today is writer [name]Virginia[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]'s 128th birthday! I just came across the names of her four nieces, and thought they were just lovely-- [name]Amaryllis[/name], [name]Henrietta[/name], [name]Nerissa[/name], and [name]Frances[/name]. What do you think?

I really love the name [name]Henrietta[/name]! I would love to see the name have a come-back.

I love them all!
Can’t you just picture them in white frocks playing croquet on a lovely English lawn (if you’ll pardon my little Anglophile fantasy.)
Thanks for the post :slight_smile:

Great names! :slight_smile:

Take care!

[name]Lovely[/name] names, but I can’t help but feel that [name]Frances[/name] is a bit plain compared to [name]Amaryllis[/name], [name]Henrietta[/name], and [name]Nerissa[/name]!

I didn’t know that [name]Virginia[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] was born [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Virginia[/name]! What a pretty combination! Daughter of [name]Leslie[/name] and [name]Julia[/name] [name]Stephen[/name], [name]Woolf[/name] had many siblings. Half-siblings, from her mother’s first marriage to [name]Herbert[/name] Duckworth, included [name]George[/name], [name]Stella[/name], and [name]Gerald[/name] Duckworth. Her father’s first marriage to [name]Harriet[/name] [name]Marian[/name] “[name]Minny[/name]” [name]Thackeray[/name] produced one daughter, [name]Laura[/name] Makepeace [name]Stephen[/name], who was mentally disabled. [name]Leslie[/name] and [name]Julia[/name] had four children together: [name]Vanessa[/name], [name]Julian[/name] [name]Thoby[/name] “[name]Thoby[/name],” [name]Virginia[/name], and [name]Adrian[/name].