Virginia?

Only 10 weeks along, but names have been a sticking point for DH and I since we first started discussing, years ago. But we both kinda like [name]Virginia[/name]. What do people think? I think the nickname [name]Ginny[/name] is cute. Last name is one syllable. Any giant pitfalls seen?

I actually really like this name. I think it is unique and has many cute nickname options. Go for it.

[name]Hi[/name]!

I went to high school with two girls named [name]Virginia[/name] - both were popular, tomboy-ish girls. Surprising, right? One, who was a very tall blond girl, went exclusively by [name]Ginny[/name]. The other, a muscular girl with dark hair, went only by [name]Virginia[/name]. [name]Both[/name] were talented, well-liked, and determined girls. I recently came across a seventy-year-old woman called [name]Virginia[/name]. Well, actually her name was [name]Mary[/name] [name]Virginia[/name], but she went by [name]Virginia[/name]. She was a doll, very exuberant and outgoing when I spoke to her - she was a lot of fun!

So, there are going to be those people who can’t get past the whole “virgin” thing, but I can say that not one of the [name]Virginia[/name]'s I’ve known have been teased for that reason. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen to your little [name]Virginia[/name], but I wouldn’t let it hold me back from using a unique, vintage, classic name with elegance and whimsy for my daughter! I just say, no, it’s not like “virgin,” its like [name]Virginia[/name], the state! Ha!

By the way, [name]Virginia[/name] is perfect with a one-syllable surname. Something like [name]Virginia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Virginia[/name] [name]Florence[/name], [name]Virginia[/name] [name]Helen[/name], [name]Virginia[/name] [name]Louise[/name], [name]Virginia[/name] [name]Margot[/name], [name]Virginia[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Virginia[/name] [name]Simone[/name], or [name]Virginia[/name] [name]Therese[/name] would be pretty!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Virginia[/name]. also has some sweet nns like [name]Ginger[/name] or [name]Ginny[/name] (:

When ever I see [name]Virginia[/name] I think Virgin

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Virginia[/name]! It’s usually in my top 10, I think it’s just great! I don’t think of “virgin” at all, and anyway it’s not like being a virgin is a bad thing! I love the nickname [name]Ginny[/name], and [name]Ginger[/name]!