Virginia

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like the name [name_f]Virginia[/name_f]?

It makes me think of [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] and winter.

It doesn’t really go with my favorites: [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_u]Holly[/name_u], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Everlee[/name_f]. [name_u]Or[/name_u] at least not with [name_f]Everlee[/name_f].

But I still like it and the nickname [name_f]Ginny[/name_f].

What would you think of a modern baby named [name_f]Virginia[/name_f]? Is it too old fashioned? Better as a middle name only?

And what would you pair it with to maybe get it closer to the vibe of the rest of my list?

I was thinking [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u], [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] Rosalind…

The ones above (Lily, [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] etc.) are on my first name list. These are middle names:

[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]

What would you pick for [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] to go with my favorite combos: [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_u]Rose[/name_u], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_u]Holly[/name_u] (not really sure about a combo at the moment) and [name_f]Everlee[/name_f] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]?

If you can do a combo for [name_u]Holly[/name_u] I’d be grateful too.

[name_f]Virginia[/name_f]
[name_u]Holly[/name_u]

I was thinking maybe [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_u]Holly[/name_u] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] or [name_u]Holly[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], but not sure yet.

I don’t really mind having one combo with the middle name [name_u]Rose[/name_u] and another with the middle name [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f].

1 Like

I love [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] but might be a bit biased since she is the moniker of one of my nearest and dearest.

Consequently, she has spring/autumn vibes for me. I don’t think she’s dated as at all!

You seem to like more classic/vintage middles, so I’ll suggest:

[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Annette[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_u]Blanche[/name_u]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Francine[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Georgette[/name_f] [name_u]Rose[/name_u]

[name_u]Holly[/name_u] [name_f]Summer[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_u]Holly[/name_u] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_u]Holly[/name_u] [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_u]Holly[/name_u] [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_u]Holly[/name_u] [name_f]Cosette[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_u]Holly[/name_u] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_u]Holly[/name_u] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Elle[/name_f]

Hopefully these help :slight_smile:

1 Like

It sounds nice for sure, but I find the root meaning problematic. I would never use this name.

2 Likes

[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] has a sharp, literary, Victorian feel to it - elegant but creative. For me, the meaning is a bit too blatant and could be hard to wear :person_shrugging: I’d probably keep it as a middle but that’s just me.

[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] goes feel a bit more in line with the rest of your list!

Maybe something like [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] or [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f].

Some more to fit with [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_u]Rose[/name_u], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_f]Everlee[/name_f] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] and…

[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_u]Esme[/name_u] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Posey[/name_f] [name_u]Jade[/name_u]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u]

[name_u]Holly[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_u]Holly[/name_u] [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_u]Holly[/name_u] [name_f]Noelia[/name_f] [name_u]Ivy[/name_u] (okay, too much :grin:)
[name_u]Holly[/name_u] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]

I like [name_u]Holly[/name_u] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]!

1 Like

Hey, in my opinion [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] is quite old fashioned but if you love it then use it for sure don’t let others opinions effect on your love of a name at the end of the day
Some name combos I love for your name’s would be

[name_u]Holly[/name_u] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_u]Holly[/name_u] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_m]Feel[/name_m] very winter to me which you said you liked

And if you do settle on [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] then
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_u]Leslie[/name_u] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]

And if you use [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] as a middle name I think it would go well with [name_f]Lily[/name_f] or [name_u]Holly[/name_u] from the list of the names you like

And I love [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] too

1 Like

I love it but I might be biased because its an important family name for me. [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] and [name_f]Ginger[/name_f] are both adorable nickname options. I would be delighted to meet a little [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] and I don’t think its anymore old fashioned than other vintage names that have come back into style, but the similarity to the word “virgin” makes me hestitate a little, it may be slightly more wearable in the middle.

I like all of your middle name ideas, [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] has the best flow and feels the most similar to your other names.

[name_u]Holly[/name_u] [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] would be fantastic. I’m also a big fan of [name_u]Holly[/name_u] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f].

1 Like