(Virtual) penny for your thoughts!

I’m expecting another girl in [name]August[/name] and looking for feedback on my list from name addicts. (Can’t trust casual namers … they’ll spoil you on anything!) I don’t plan to pick a specific name until I see baby, but it would help to hear what people think.

Here’s the list of fn/mn combos. Mns are totally flexible, but I plan to stick with one-syllable names.

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Plum[/name]
[name]Bronwyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Greta[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Olympia[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Ottilie[/name] [name]June[/name]
… (I’ll be honest, I have no idea how to properly pronounce [name]Ottilie[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you?)

More info: Our other two daughters are [name]Eden[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Imogene[/name] [name]Mae[/name]. We also lost a baby at birth who we named [name]Zella[/name] [name]Jean[/name], but I’m not so worried about her name fitting the “flow.” In fact, I would love to have another vowel name to go with E & I, but I’m hesitate to use A because all my fave boy names start with A - [name]Ansel[/name], [name]Atticus[/name], [name]Alistair[/name]. O names are limited, and U is useless unless you like [name]Ursula[/name], which I don’t. But feel free to broaden my naming horizons.

Sorry for the novel. Let me know what you think. As always, it’s much appreciated!

I really love [name]Sylvie[/name], [name]Felicity[/name], and [name]Matilda[/name], and I like [name]Viola[/name] (prefer [name]Violet[/name]). I think [name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Wren[/name], [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Wren[/name]/[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Eve[/name], and [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Wren[/name]/[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Eve[/name] are really cute!

I don’t know for sure, but I’ve always said [name]Ottilie[/name] as ought-ill-ee. Emphasis on the first syllable. Maybe I’m wrong?

[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Wren[/name] is probably my favorite, though. I love it, and I think it’s very cute with [name]Eden[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Imogene[/name] [name]Mae[/name]!

Good luck!

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Plum[/name] - Cute! I think too many ee’s with your other daughters, though.
[name]Bronwyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Bronwyn[/name] - you could also spell it [name]Bronwen[/name]. Also not sure if it has the best flow, as both siblings also end in a n sound.
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]June[/name] - I’m not a fan of [name]Felicity[/name], but I do love the nn Flicka, and [name]June[/name] as a mn. I don’t know if I like [name]Imogene[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name] together… that might just be me!
[name]Greta[/name] [name]Wren[/name] - I really like this one. Probably my favorite for you! It’s just different enough without being weird, and goes well with her sisters! Very similar feel to [name]Zella[/name] as well, which might be special for her. :slight_smile:
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Eve[/name] - I’m not really loving [name]Harriet[/name], just my opinion.
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Eve[/name] - Like, but the style is a bit different from her sisters. I’m not sure if it’s unusual or quirky enough for them!
[name]Olympia[/name] [name]Wren[/name] - nms
[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - Also nms
[name]Viola[/name] [name]June[/name] - Like! Very pretty.
[name]Ottilie[/name] [name]June[/name] - I like this, and I pronounce the same as pp. Again, too many ee’s for me.

I definitely like [name]Greta[/name] [name]Wren[/name] best, as a name and with her sisters. [name]Viola[/name] [name]June[/name] would be next, followed by [name]Bronwyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name].

Some other suggestions:
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Odette[/name]
[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Mira[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Luella[/name]

Sorry, not many ideas right now! I’ll post back if I think of any more. Good lucky :slight_smile:

Okay forgive me if i’m too harsh on your names!
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Plum[/name]- I love [name]Beatrix[/name], it’s spunky. I have mixed feelings towards [name]Plum[/name]. [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Plum[/name] sound good together though.
[name]Bronwyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name]- [name]Bronwyn[/name] is not my fave, just because I don’t really see anything special in it. It’s not like I hate it though. [name]Rose[/name] is pretty, yet overused in the mn spot.
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]June[/name]- I’ve always liked the nn possibilities for [name]Felicity[/name]. Although I don’t adore it, it’s nice.
[name]Greta[/name] [name]Wren[/name]-I like the meaning, and it’s nice, short, and sweet. The minor problem I have with it is that for some reason i’ll always get a mental picture of a really nerdy girl. But that’s just me haha. [name]Wren[/name] is pretty.
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Eve[/name]-it’s ok. I like some others on your list better…
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Eve[/name]- I’ve always liked [name]Matilda[/name], and like the nn [name]Tilly[/name]. (if your even into nn) Sounds pretty good with [name]Eve[/name].
[name]Olympia[/name] [name]Wren[/name]-[name]Olympia[/name] is a pretty name. I like the way it flows off the tongue.
[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Rose[/name]- [name]Sylvie[/name] is a nice name, just a little one the cutesy side.
[name]Viola[/name] [name]June[/name]- I prefer [name]Violet[/name], but [name]Viola[/name] is cool. They’re pretty cool music instruments too
[name]Ottilie[/name] [name]June[/name]- I have never heard of this…I like it (:
Okay for O’s…how about
[name]Octavia[/name]
[name]Odelia[/name]
[name]Ondria[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Orsel[/name]
And yeah, there isn’t alot of U names…
And, love your daughter’s names! Sorry about [name]Zella[/name]. Anyways, good luck naming!

Thanks so much for all your input and suggestions. SO helpful! I wish I was in love with a name, but I’m just not over-the-moon about any of them. Most likely I’m over-thinking it, especially since I know I would swoon to meet any of those names in real life.

I’ll let you know what we decide … it’s always a game-time decision for us, so anything could happen!

Thanks again!

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Plum[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this! Definitely my favorite of your combos.

[name]Bronwyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - Probably my second favorite. I love [name]Bronwyn[/name] and it’s very pretty paired with [name]Rose[/name].

[name]Felicity[/name] [name]June[/name] - This one is nice too. I prefer [name]Jane[/name] to [name]June[/name], but that’s just a slight difference.

[name]Greta[/name] [name]Wren[/name] - While I love both [name]Greta[/name] and [name]Wren[/name], I don’t love them together. [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Wren[/name], nn [name]Greta[/name], would be fantastic!

[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Eve[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Eve[/name], not a fan of [name]Harriet[/name].

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Eve[/name] - This is nice.

[name]Olympia[/name] [name]Wren[/name] - Again, not a big fan of these two together. They’re both pretty unusual, so they seem a bit much when paired together.

[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - Would prefer [name]Sylvia[/name], nn [name]Sylvie[/name].

[name]Viola[/name] [name]June[/name] - Not really digging the flow on this one.

[name]Ottilie[/name] [name]June[/name] - I’m never sure how to pronounce [name]Ottilie[/name] either. [name]How[/name] about [name]Odette[/name]?

Overall, really nice list!

You have a great list!

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Plum[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this combination. [name]Beatrix[/name] is lovely and I have been intrigued by [name]Plum[/name] but never could figure out how to use it in a name with a nice flow. This is a great combo.

[name]Bronwyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name] I like [name]Bronwyn[/name]. I do not care for [name]Rose[/name]. It is just too overused to the point of dislike for me.

[name]Felicity[/name] [name]June[/name] I don”t care for [name]Felicity[/name]. [name]June[/name] I can tolerate in the Middle but it is definitely not a favorite name.

[name]Greta[/name] [name]Wren[/name]- [name]Love[/name] both of these names! Adorable.

[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Eve[/name]- Hmm not a huge fan of [name]Eve[/name], but this sounds nice.

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Eve[/name]- [name]Love[/name] Matilida, but I think i would pair it with something other than [name]Eve[/name].

[name]Olympia[/name] [name]Wren[/name]- Not a fan of [name]Olympia[/name], but I adore [name]Wren[/name].

[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Rose[/name]- Classy, but I still have my [name]Rose[/name] issues.

[name]Viola[/name] [name]June[/name]- [name]Love[/name] [name]Viola[/name]…

[name]Ottilie[/name] [name]June[/name]- [name]Ottilie[/name] is one of my favorite names. However I don’t really like the flow w/ [name]June[/name].
I have heard this pronounced 2 ways.
[name]OTT[/name]-i-lee (more an American version?) But it”s a [name]German[/name] name, and I believe the correct way is o-TEE-lee-ah (which I prefer).

What a great list!

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Plum[/name] - I’m really starting to love [name]Beatrix[/name], and I adore the [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Potter[/name] assosiation (I always think of it when I hear [name]Beatrix[/name] :slight_smile: ). [name]Plum[/name] is spunky and sweet, and very fun, but I think it’s a bit much with [name]Beatrix[/name].
[name]Bronwyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - Please, not [name]Bronwyn[/name]. Belch. I love [name]Rose[/name], and I plan on using it on my own daughter because it’s a family name, but it is VERY popular in the middle position. As a first name, maybe?
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]June[/name] - I’ve never cared much for [name]Felicity[/name]. It’s a bit too… delicate, I think, for my tastes anyway. [name]June[/name] is sturdy and very lovely. I like them together.
[name]Greta[/name] [name]Wren[/name] - I like both, only not together (I prefer [name]Gretel[/name] too). All I hear is ‘[name]Gretna[/name] [name]Green[/name]’ for some reason.
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Eve[/name] - I used to love [name]Harriet[/name], but I just can’t seem to like it anymore, as much as I want to. I’ve never been a huge fan of [name]Eve[/name] either. [name]Eva[/name] is on my guilty pleasure list, though.
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Eve[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]. I don’t like it with [name]Eve[/name] though.
[name]Olympia[/name] Wren - I’m actually starting to like [name]Olympia[/name], I think. My only worry is that it may be a bit hefty on a little girl. Oppie is a sweet nickname.
[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - I love [name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Rose[/name], only not together. They sound very fragile together. [name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] would be great, though.
[name]Viola[/name] [name]June[/name] - I’ve never liked [name]Viola[/name]. I’m also put off by the Spanish rape thing. It sounds wonderful with [name]June[/name]!
[name]Ottilie[/name] [name]June[/name] - I pronounce [name]Ottilie[/name] as OH-till-ee, but that may just be with my British accent. I don’t know.

What do you think of these?:

[name]Ramona[/name] ([name]Mona[/name]/[name]Nona[/name])
[name]Octavia[/name]
[name]Liesel[/name]
[name]Roxanne[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Anastasia[/name]
Saskie/[name]Saskia[/name]
[name]Althea[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Ambrosia[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Xanthe[/name]/[name]Xanthene[/name]

Oh, and I’m truly sorry about baby [name]Zella[/name] (which is absolutely lovely, btw).