Viviana

Thoughts on this name? Nickname [name]Vivia[/name] or [name]Vivie[/name]. I don’t want to use [name]Vivia[/name] as a full first b/c I am weird and have an OCD thing with 4 syllables ;). I think I have it narrowed down to this and [name]Arabella[/name] (as of today lol). Not sold on either 100% but I feel like this one may age better, but maybe not?

I love [name]Viviana[/name]! So beautiful, and I adore the nickname [name]Vivie[/name]. I think [name]Viviana[/name] is so much more beautiful than [name]Arabella[/name] (which is still lovely)!

[name]Viviana[/name] is pretty and unique, but not so different that people won’t know how to pronounce it.

I love [name]Arabella[/name] and [name]Viviana[/name]! I’m not sure if you are currently expecting, but if you are, you could use one of these names for this child and the other name for the next baby girl. [name]Viviana[/name] and [name]Arabella[/name] are an awesome sibset!

My favorite nickname for [name]Viviana[/name] is [name]Vivie[/name] (I would probably spell it [name]Vivi[/name], but that’s my personal preference.)
My favorite nicknames for [name]Arabella[/name] would be [name]Bella[/name] or Airy/[name]Arie[/name].

I vastly prefer [name]Viviana[/name] to [name]Arabella[/name], but they are both lovely. [name]Vivie[/name] is a very sweet nn as well. There are lots of other nn options she can choose too as she grows up. I see it wearing well into adulthood.

Yes I am due with girl #2 in [name]April[/name]. I do tend to love over the top frilly names though :wink: My daughter is [name]Elliana[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name]. [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name]. Wish I didn’t waste it on a middle. My issues are [name]Elliana[/name] goes by [name]Ellie[/name] and I’m not crazy over [name]Bella[/name] but it seems the natural nn for [name]Arabella[/name]. [name]Viviana[/name] is more matchy with [name]Elliana[/name] but she goes by [name]Ellie[/name] 99.9% of the time. sSo to me [name]Vivie[/name] or [name]Vivia[/name] is less matchy with [name]Ellie[/name] than [name]Ellie[/name] and [name]Bella[/name]. I really can’t come up with anything else I love except the [name]Sophia[/name] variation names and my husband won’t go there!

I love [name]Viviana[/name] too, it’s one of my current favs, so of course I prefer it to [name]Arabella[/name]. I see what you mean about the nicknames. [name]Ellie[/name] and [name]Bella[/name] are too similar in sound. [name]Vivi[/name] and [name]Ellie[/name] sound much better. [name]Do[/name] you have a middle name for [name]Viviana[/name]?

[name]Viviana[/name] is gorgeous, I much prefer it to [name]Vivian[/name].

For [name]Arabella[/name] the middle name I had picked out was [name]Victoria[/name] (family name) so her initials would be A.V. and I was going to try to call her [name]Avie[/name] but I know she will get called [name]Bella[/name]. For [name]Viviana[/name] I’m not sure on a middle maybe [name]Arabella[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Mariella[/name], Sophina, [name]Ava[/name]-[name]Marie[/name] ([name]Marie[/name] is a family name but I probably wouldn’t go double barrell). Some family names we have that are somewhat my stlye are [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Marie[/name], [name]Sylvia[/name], [name]Florence[/name], [name]Stella[/name] (but would probably do [name]Estella[/name]), [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Vivienne[/name]. I’m not set on using a family name at all though. Some other names on my list that I’ve pretty much gotten over are [name]Emiliana[/name] nn [name]Emme[/name] (‘M’), and [name]Gianna[/name] nn [name]Gia[/name]. We have an Italian last name BTW :wink:

[name]Arabella[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] is gorgeous! Maybe you could convince everyone to call her [name]Avie[/name] or even [name]Aria[/name]. [name]Aria[/name] is beautiful and would work well with [name]Ellie[/name]. I like [name]Viviana[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] the best if you go with [name]Viviana[/name].

[name]Viviana[/name] is gorgeous. I love the sound and look of [name]Viviana[/name] [name]Florence[/name] together. However, I suppose it depends upon the syllable length of your last name.

In any case, you won’t go wrong with [name]Viviana[/name].

I also vote for [name]Viviana[/name]! It’s gorgeous. And just to throw it out there, my best friend named her daughter [name]Aviana[/name], which is very similar and might give you the “[name]Avie[/name]” you are looking for :).

I came across this thread because I’m planning to name my little girl [name]Elliana[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]. I’m curious if you chose to call her [name]Ellie[/name], or if that just came naturally for everyone? My husband wants to call [name]Elliana[/name] “[name]Ella[/name]”, and I’m wondering if it will stick.

Actually [name]Aviana[/name] was the first name we chose (She’s been [name]Aviana[/name], [name]Emiliana[/name], [name]Arabella[/name], [name]Gianna[/name], and now back to [name]Arabella[/name] or maybe [name]Viviana[/name]). The few people I told about [name]Aviana[/name] said comments like “looks like Avian flu”, “looks like Aviation”, “looks like [name]Evian[/name] water”, so that was when I decided against it. I do love it. I give it a solid 8 and it shortens to [name]Avie[/name] but I think as a full name I like [name]Arabella[/name] or [name]Viviana[/name] better? For [name]Elliana[/name], I knew I wanted a name that nicknamed to [name]Ellie[/name] so I started with [name]Ellie[/name] and went backwards. It took a while to get through all the names that shorten to [name]Ellie[/name] but I think that an [name]El[/name]- begining name works best. [name]Ella[/name] could work too, but since it’s [name]Elli[/name]- begining I think [name]Ellie[/name] or [name]Elle[/name] is better. I barely use [name]Elliana[/name] but everyone that hears her name comments that it’s so pretty. Like I said we never use it though b/c it’s 4 syllables, so it’s always [name]Ellie[/name]. But I wanted a frilly, girly name that she would have the option of using [name]Elle[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], or [name]Elliana[/name] when she got older if [name]Ellie[/name] was too youthful. That is my fear with [name]Arabella[/name] too, it’s 4 syllables which I think 3 you can try and force the full name, but with 4 syllables getting young kids to say the full name will be hard (I have a 2 year old boy, and a 1 year old girl…so he’s always said [name]Ellie[/name] b/c she was born when he was 18 months). This one will be born when my daughter is 17 months! My son can say [name]Avie[/name] and [name]Bella[/name] but he hasn’t gotten [name]Arabella[/name] yet, so I’m assuming he could say [name]Vivie[/name] too.

I’m also liking [name]Violetta[/name] but I’m having a difficult time saying it. Vee-ohh-lett-ah? It just doesn’t come across as a natural thing to say even though it looks very pretty?