Vogue for a little girl

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] berries,

First time on the forum.

I’m having a baby girl in [name_f]September[/name_f]. Hubby and I had chosen [name_f]Vogue[/name_f] for her name. [name_f]My[/name_f] mum doesn’t like and may have turned me off it now! Hubby still loves the name.

Any similar names to [name_f]Vogue[/name_f]? I love V in the name. Her big brother’s name is [name_m]Knox[/name_m].

And what are your thoughts on the name [name_f]Vogue[/name_f]?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Wouldn’t be my choice but it certainly goes great with [name_m]Knox[/name_m].

Perhaps you could move it to middle name if you’re not so sure now?

2 Likes

If you do come up with a new name maybe don’t mention it to anyone until baby has been officially named. That’s my tactic anyway- I figure they can only say nice things once it’s a done deal :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I think [name_m]Knox[/name_m] and [name_f]Vogue[/name_f] sound like natural siblings! Often, family members don’t like names when discussed in the abstract, but warm up to them once they’re attached to little people they love.

[name_f]Vogue[/name_f] is not something I’d choose myself, but your style seems to be short, strong, bold names with interesting letters (X and V), and [name_f]Vogue[/name_f] certainly fits the bill.

Other V names you might like:

[name_f]Vada[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
[name_u]Vida[/name_u]
[name_f]Viva[/name_f]
[name_u]Nova[/name_u]
[name_f]Neve[/name_f]
[name_u]Maven[/name_u]
[name_f]Vaila[/name_f]
Vie (pronounced VEE, means “life” in [name_u]French[/name_u])
[name_f]Vashti[/name_f]
[name_m]Vero[/name_m]

4 Likes

[name_f]Vogue[/name_f] is so lovely!
Other ideas: [name_f]Venus[/name_f], [name_f]Vigga[/name_f], Vioux, [name_f]Viveca[/name_f], Vivine, [name_u]Vesper[/name_u]

P.S. Keep your baby name a secret till she is born!

3 Likes

Thank you! You are spot on with the type of names I like.

1 Like

Definitely won’t tell anyone else our choice! Learnt that the hard way!

1 Like

If you love [name_f]Vogue[/name_f] I just wouldn’t mention it to your mum again and announce it once she’s born :slight_smile: your mum might have forgotten she wasn’t that keen on it after she’s met her gorgeous little granddaughter [name_f]Vogue[/name_f].

1 Like

I kind of like [name_f]Vogue[/name_f] - it’s got an intriguing sound

Names like [name_f]Vogue[/name_f]…

[name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_u]Coco[/name_u]
[name_f]Vita[/name_f]
[name_u]Indie[/name_u]

1 Like

Does anyone feel that the name will put my little darling under pressure of living up to the [name_u]French[/name_u] meaning of “fashionable, popular, on trend?”

We love the name [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] for her middle name.
[name_m]Knox[/name_m]’s middle name is [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] after our favourite island.

I like the sound of [name_f]Vogue[/name_f] but do feel like most people will immediately think of fashion. It’s up to you whether that bothers you or not.
Middle name [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] would be awesome! I love that!
I agree with suggestion of [name_u]Vesper[/name_u]. Maybe you would like [name_u]Vrai[/name_u] or [name_u]Rogue[/name_u] as well?
[name_f]Vogue[/name_f] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] does sound cool. Or maybe Océane?
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u]/Océane is still my favorite suggestion personally.

I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Vogue[/name_f] personally, it reminds me of [name_f]Madonna[/name_f] (not necessarily a bad thing, just such a strong association!)
I do think it pairs nicely with [name_m]Knox[/name_m] though. I love the middle name [name_u]Ocean[/name_u], too.
not all of these are the same ‘style’ of [name_f]Vogue[/name_f], but here are some suggestions with the letter v:
[name_f]Avis[/name_f]
[name_f]Avalon[/name_f]
[name_f]Clover[/name_f]
[name_u]Cove[/name_u] (though it probably wouldn’t work with [name_u]Ocean[/name_u])
[name_u]Dove[/name_u]
[name_u]Ever[/name_u]
[name_u]Haven[/name_u]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_u]Love[/name_u]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Marvel[/name_f]
[name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Via[/name_f]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]
also want to second the suggestions of [name_f]Vada[/name_f], [name_u]Vesper[/name_u], [name_u]Nova[/name_u], and [name_f]Vaila[/name_f]! also [name_u]Rogue[/name_u], even though it doesn’t have a v in it.

however, I think you should go with the name you love. If that’s [name_f]Vogue[/name_f], I think everyone will come around to the name once they meet your little one!

1 Like

Other posters have suggested many great alternatives, but I say stick with [name_f]Vogue[/name_f]. It is edgy, certainly, but I think it is wearable and on-trend by being an unusual word name. There is certainly an immediate association with fashion, but it doesn’t sound like that is a problem for you.

[name_m]Knox[/name_m] and [name_f]Vogue[/name_f] sound great together! [name_m]Just[/name_m] don’t remind your mom about the name until the baby arrives :wink:

1 Like

A friend of mine has recently had vogue! I must admit at first I didn’t like it, but it’s grown on me and it suits her! I think a lot of parents dislike names that are unheard of these days but I think if you like it go for it!
I have a [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] everyone tried to put me off it but I had it anyone and I absolutely love it still and it suits her so much!

1 Like