Vote for your favourite!

Thanks [name]Jill[/name]!

Youve put so much thought into that :slight_smile: Much appreciated!

personally i like thea best.
catalina is nice & definitely like lina as a nn. in fact im considering lina as first name for my next daughter, due in 2 months time! its quite popular in france.
annelie is pretty, not keen on the other names.
all the best

I like [name]Annelie[/name]!
It sounds so nice. I may pronounce it differently though, since Iā€™m [name]German[/name].

Oh cool, I read that it is a [name]German[/name] name and the name of a [name]German[/name] film in the 1940s so Iā€™d be interested to know how you pronounce it if you could write it out phonetically?

Youā€™re welcome! Iā€™m glad you liked some of them! (And for what itā€™s worth, I personally donā€™t think that [name]Thea[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Belle[/name]ā€“or [name]Kate[/name]ā€“is too much with your last name.) :slight_smile:

I think itā€™s fascinating that [name]Bryn[/name] and [name]Wynn[/name] are typically male names, because Iā€™ve only heard them on girls in the US! I love learning about names from other cultures.

Oh! And I love [name]Catalina[/name] [name]Seren[/name], too! :slight_smile: I love your idea of [name]Cassia[/name] [name]Luned[/name].

What are some fashionable Welsh names at the moment? I know youā€™re probably busy, but if you feel like and have time, Iā€™d love to know a few of them!

Have a good day! :slight_smile:

Oh cool, I read that it is a [name]German[/name] name and the name of a [name]German[/name] film in the 1940s so Iā€™d be interested to know how you pronounce it if you could write it out phonetically?[/quote]

Germans pronounce [name]Anne[/name] differently than speakers of English.
We pronounce the e in [name]Ann[/name]-E-lie as an actual weak e (probably comparable to the sound of the first e in elephant or [name]Elizabeth[/name]) and the a is as in car.
If my description doesnā€™t help I could send you a link, of a [name]German[/name] saying the word ā€˜Kanneā€™ which sounds like [name]Anne[/name] just with a k upfront

Eerrrm, well [name]Ruby[/name]'s very big here at the moment even though itā€™s not actually a Welsh name, mostly because the Welsh singer [name]Charlotte[/name] Church chose the name for her baby.

Welsh names Iā€™ve seen used on baby girls recently, Cariad (welsh word for love), [name]Nia[/name] (knee-a), [name]Ffion[/name], [name]Sian[/name], [name]Catrin[/name], [name]Seren[/name], [name]Lowri[/name], [name]Rhian[/name]/[name]Rhiannon[/name], [name]Eleri[/name], Angharad.

Youā€™re welcome! Iā€™m glad you liked some of them! (And for what itā€™s worth, I personally donā€™t think that [name]Thea[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Belle[/name]ā€“or [name]Kate[/name]ā€“is too much with your last name.) :slight_smile:

I think itā€™s fascinating that [name]Bryn[/name] and [name]Wynn[/name] are typically male names, because Iā€™ve only heard them on girls in the US! I love learning about names from other cultures.

Oh! And I love [name]Catalina[/name] [name]Seren[/name], too! :slight_smile: I love your idea of [name]Cassia[/name] [name]Luned[/name].

What are some fashionable Welsh names at the moment? I know youā€™re probably busy, but if you feel like and have time, Iā€™d love to know a few of them!

Have a good day! :-)[/quote]

Eerrrm, well [name]Ruby[/name]'s very big here at the moment even though itā€™s not actually a Welsh name, mostly because the Welsh singer [name]Charlotte[/name] Church chose the name for her baby.

Welsh names Iā€™ve seen used on baby girls recently, Cariad (welsh word for love), [name]Nia[/name] (knee-a), [name]Ffion[/name], [name]Sian[/name], [name]Catrin[/name], [name]Seren[/name], [name]Lowri[/name], [name]Rhian[/name]/[name]Rhiannon[/name], [name]Eleri[/name], Angharad.

The ā€œbigā€ over the top Welsh names like [name]Myfanwy[/name], [name]Branwen[/name] and [name]Gwendolyn[/name] etc are considered slightly silly in general here!

My little sister is 10 and goes to a welsh school, some of her friends are called [name]Meg[/name], [name]Anwen[/name], [name]Llio[/name], [name]Nia[/name], [name]Catrin[/name], but then she also has [name]Ella[/name], [name]Emily[/name], [name]Natasha[/name] etc so while traditional Welsh names are popular, weā€™re not immune to the top 100 names either![/quote]

Thanks, L! I know a [name]Catrin[/name], and I had no idea her name is Welsh! Iā€™ve always loved [name]Anwen[/name], and I like a lot of the other names, too. (I need to look up the pronunciations of some of them, though.) :slight_smile:

I forgot about [name]Charlotte[/name] Churchā€™s [name]Ruby[/name]. Has [name]Dexter[/name] caught on, too? (Isnā€™t that the name of her baby boy?)

Oh! [name]How[/name] is [name]Carys[/name] pronounced where you live? Iā€™ve only heard CARE-iss in the U.Sā€¦

Thanks again, L! :slight_smile: