Vote for your favourite!

See the results of this poll: Which is your fav?

Respondents: 62 (This poll is closed)

• Annelie: 12 (19%)
  • Catalina: 16 (26%)
  • Claudie: 5 (8%)
  • Mirabella: 14 (23%)
  • Thea: 15 (24%)

[name]Annelie[/name]: It sounds very made-up, so this is my least favorite…

[name]Catalina[/name]: This is lovely, and I think my favorite version of [name]Catherine[/name]. I voted for this one!

[name]Claudie[/name]: I much prefer [name]Claudia[/name], because in my accent all I hear is ‘clotty’. :frowning: I’m sure it’s lovely in French, though!

[name]Mirabella[/name]: Very pretty, and I like the nicknames. It’s a little frilly (though I am a fan of frilly!) for me…

[name]Thea[/name]: I like [name]Thea[/name], but I think it has more distinction as a nickname for [name]Theodora[/name], [name]Althea[/name], [name]Anthea[/name], or [name]Alethea[/name].

I like your list!

[name]Thea[/name] is my favorite - simple, unique, and sophisticated - followed by [name]Mirabella[/name] - a little frilly for me, but feminine and lovely. The one I dislike the most is [name]Catalina[/name], even though I know of an Argentinian woman named [name]Catalina[/name], as it reminds me of the salad dressing…

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

PS [name]Thea[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name] would be gorgeous!!!

[name]Hi[/name] thanks for your input!

Haha. That’s so funny! I don’t believe that brand exists in the UK though so it’s not a problem for me!

Yeah, British “salad dressing” is vastly different to American dressing! I think you are probably in the clear! But, seriously, every time I hear the name, I’m like, “As in the dressing?” Ha!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks [name]Lemon[/name]! I always love hearing you’re opinions :slight_smile:

If you have time can you check out my other post (posted just before this one) and give your opinions? It’s under the title Can you suggest names in the same vein?

Thanks again!

Now I think I remember looking up [name]Annelie[/name] before! I think it has a really pretty sound.

[name]Catalina[/name] has so many nickname options-- [name]Cat[/name], [name]Catie[/name], [name]Tali[/name], etc.-- but [name]Lina[/name] is my favorite, too!

Yep, I’m American, and there’s no way I could make [name]Claudie[/name] rhyme with Lordy. I wish I could, though-- [name]Claudie[/name] is so much prettier than Clotty!!

I like the alliteration of [name]Mirabella[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]! [name]Margot[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] is bad, though. Nicknames for [name]Mirabella[/name]: [name]Mira[/name], [name]Miri[/name], [name]Mimi[/name], [name]Mia[/name], [name]Belle[/name], [name]Bella[/name]… there are probably more. I like [name]Miri[/name] or [name]Mimi[/name] best.

I picked [name]Annelie[/name], with the nn [name]Anna[/name] or [name]Annie[/name]…just a pretty name all the way around. My second choice would be [name]Thea[/name].

Yup I love this one too!

I picked [name]Annelie[/name], with the nn [name]Anna[/name] or [name]Annie[/name]…just a pretty name all the way around. My second choice would be [name]Thea[/name].[/quote]

Yup I love this one too! Can’t decide between nn’s [name]Annie[/name] and [name]Anna[/name] though! Which is your fav? [name]Annie[/name]'s so cute but [name]Anna[/name]'s so classic…I can’t choose![/quote] [name]Anna[/name] is one of my all-time favorite girl’s names, so I would pick [name]Anna[/name]. (Maybe you can spell [name]Annalie[/name] with an “a” to get to the nn [name]Anna[/name]?)

I voted for [name]Annalie[/name] I love the way this name sounds.

[name]Annelie[/name]: I love [name]Anne[/name] and [name]Anne[/name] names so much, but with [name]Annelie[/name], I can’t help but think of the word “anally,” especially when it’s spelled [name]Annalie[/name]. I love [name]Anneliese[/name], though! :slight_smile:

[name]Catalina[/name]: Ooh! I think it’s beautiful! I also love [name]Catalina[/name] Island.

[name]Claudie[/name]: I think it’s really cute, but I guess I’m more of a [name]Claudia[/name] person.

[name]Mirabella[/name]: I love it, as well as [name]Mirabelle[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Thea[/name]: I love it! :slight_smile:

My favorites on your list are [name]Thea[/name], [name]Mirabella[/name], and [name]Catalina[/name].

Take care! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Jill[/name] - thanks for the input!

[name]Glad[/name] you love [name]Catalina[/name].

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Thankyou! Me too :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Jill[/name] - thanks for the input!

[name]Annelie[/name] - does this really make you think Anally :S I was trying so hard to avoid that which is why I was overjoyed when I found this [name]German[/name] spelling. I see a lot of people spell it [name]Analeigh[/name] or [name]Analee[/name] which obv has the Anal beginning and I felt the Annel beginning of my name combatted this but I’m worried that other people may not think so! [name]How[/name] do you think’s best to spell it then? I’m not as in love with [name]Anneliese[/name] unfortunately! Can you think of any other variations? Annalyn’s out by the way lol.

[name]Glad[/name] you love [name]Catalina[/name].

[name]Claudie[/name] - most people prefer [name]Claudia[/name] but this is our own little favourite and we won’t give it up! Hehe. I think when we hear this name we can almost imagine the little girl attached to it so we just love it so much, maybe others will warm to it!

Also glad you love [name]Mirabella[/name] but is it too frilly? And glad you love [name]Thea[/name] but is it too simple? Opposite concerns I know! Could the too be sisters or are they too far apart?

Same question goes with regards to all the names - could they all be sisters? Which work best together? And do one or two stand out as names that don’t match the style of the others?

Thanks! :)[/quote]

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile:

1. I’d personally go with the [name]Annelie[/name] spelling. I think I only thought of anally because I’ve seen the [name]Annalie[/name] and [name]Analeigh[/name] spellings so often on Nameberry. Then again, [name]Annelie[/name] and Anally are still pretty close, the only difference being the pronunciation of the A. I do think it’s pretty though, and if you love it, that’s what matters! You may also like [name]Annabelle[/name]/[name]Annabel[/name] or [name]Annabella[/name].

2. I’ve always loved [name]Catalina[/name]. I remember first visiting [name]Catalina[/name] Island as a teenager and thinking it would make such a gorgeous name.

3. I do think that [name]Claudie[/name] is a great name! :slight_smile:

4. I’m guessing that to some, [name]Mirabella[/name] may be too frilly, but I love frilly names like [name]Mirabella[/name], [name]Mirabelle[/name], [name]Annabelle[/name], and [name]Arabella[/name]. I think that [name]Mirabella[/name] is so elegant, and I can see it on a little girl or a professional adult.

5. To me, [name]Thea[/name] isn’t plain at all, and I can see [name]Mirabella[/name] and [name]Thea[/name] as sisters, especially if you’re using the [name]THAY[/name]-uh pronunciation.

6. My favorite sister names: [name]Catalina[/name] and [name]Mirabella[/name] (I think they’re amazing together) and [name]Annelie[/name] and [name]Claudie[/name] (same endings, though). I can better see [name]Thea[/name] with [name]Catalina[/name] and [name]Mirabella[/name] than I can [name]Annelie[/name] or [name]Claudie[/name]. I also like [name]Mirabella[/name] and [name]Annelie[/name] together.

7. If I had to pick one name that seems different from the others, I guess I’d go with [name]Thea[/name], only because it seems less frilly to me than the others. I think they’re all very pretty names, though! :slight_smile:

I really love your list!

Take care! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the input [name]Jill[/name]!

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] ([name]Francesca[/name] is my best friend/cousin, [name]Lyn[/name] is my mum and [name]Marilyn[/name] in mother in law and [name]Caitlyn[/name] is my sister):

I love the name [name]Francesca[/name], and think it’s gorgeous with [name]Claudie[/name]! I think the flow is great, and I love that it has so much meaning to you. [name]Lynn[/name]'s style is really different from the other names, but I think the meaning is what’s important.

Other names you may like to honor your [name]Lyn[/name] relatives–but not necessarily with this combo: [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Roslyn[/name], [name]Gwendolyn[/name], or [name]Linnea[/name]. Another way to honor a [name]Marilyn[/name]: [name]Marielle[/name].

[name]Thea[/name] [name]Suzanna[/name] [name]Gwen[/name] ([name]Suzanne[/name] is my aunty, my mum’s only sister, [name]Gwen[/name] I just love and is Welsh (we’re welsh)):

You’re Welsh? I love learning about Welsh names! [name]Carys[/name] is one of my favorites, and I also love [name]Guinevere[/name] and [name]Gwendolyn[/name]. Someone was once looking for a Welsh name, and when [name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Isolde[/name] came to mind, I realized how much I love Welsh names. :slight_smile:

Oops! Back to the name…[name]Even[/name] though [name]Suzanna[/name] and [name]Gwen[/name] have different styles than [name]Thea[/name], I do like the sound of [name]Thea[/name] [name]Suzanna[/name] [name]Gwen[/name], and I love how the names have so much meaning to you—I think that’s the most important thing, by far. I love how you’re honoring family. [name]Susannah[/name] is actually one of my favorite names.
:slight_smile:

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Thea[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name]? That could honor your mom and your sisters! [name]Thea[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Susanne[/name] or [name]Thea[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Lily[/name] ([name]Susannah[/name] means “lily”) could also honor your sister and your aunt! Another way to honor [name]Gwen[/name] could be [name]Gwenyth[/name].

[name]Mirabella[/name] [name]Enid[/name] (I love that [name]Enid[/name] is welsh and the too names combiend have a meaning of wonderful soul :):

I love [name]Mirabella[/name], but I like some of the other combos more because I have to pause between [name]Mirabella[/name] and [name]Enid[/name] due the back-to-back vowels. That may just be me, though. :slight_smile:

[name]Catalina[/name] [name]Seren[/name] ([name]Seren[/name] is welsh meaning star, meanings together is pure star): Oh my gosh! I [name]LOVE[/name] this so much!!! [name]LOVE[/name]!!! Seriously, I think this is amazing! I also love how [name]Catalina[/name] honors your sister, [name]Caitlyn[/name], because they’re both forms of [name]Catherine[/name].

[name]Annelie[/name] [name]Rhiannon[/name] (this is probably my least favourite combo but then I am going off [name]Annelie[/name] now cos I can’t get anally out of my head! Lol. Partner still loves it though.):

I like some of the others more, because both [name]Annelie[/name] and [name]Rhiannon[/name] contain the “[name]Anne[/name]” sound.

If not [name]Annelie[/name], next favs would most likely be [name]Allegra[/name] [name]Rhiannon[/name] nn [name]Allie[/name] or [name]Cassia[/name] [name]Rhiannon[/name] nn [name]Cassie[/name]:

I love [name]Allegra[/name], but I think a middle that doesn’t begin with an R may work better. ([name]Allegra[/name] [name]Rhiannon[/name] is kind of hard for me to say because of the back-to-back Rs.)

I love [name]Cassia[/name], too! Are you pronouncing it with three syllables or two? ([name]Cassia[/name] can be pronounced as [name]Cash[/name]-uh or cass-ee-uh.)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Jill[/name] - great great advice - I’m really using it all!!

[name]Hi[/name]! Oops! Yeah, I misread about [name]Gwen[/name]. On the bright side, I read [name]Caitlyn[/name] right! :slight_smile: By the way, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Louise[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name]! I’m glad you’re getting some more ideas, and I’m sure that more people will be along soon!

More you may like (or hate) :slight_smile: :

[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Wynn[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Linnea[/name] [name]Bryn[/name] (lin-NAY-uh—for [name]Lyn[/name])…Now that I think about it, [name]Claudie[/name] [name]Linnea[/name] is kind of hard to say. Hmm…
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Linnea[/name] [name]Wynn[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Linnea[/name] [name]Mair[/name] (for [name]Marilyn[/name])
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name] [name]Dilys[/name] (I saw you liked [name]Jessamine[/name]—I love it!) :slight_smile:
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Suzanna[/name] [name]Carys[/name] (for your Aunt, and [name]Carys[/name] for [name]Karen[/name])
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Lynwen[/name] (for [name]Lyn[/name])—I love alliteration, so I couldn’t resist. :slight_smile:

[name]Mirabella[/name] [name]Roslyn[/name] (For [name]Lyn[/name]–No Welsh name–oops!)
[name]Mirabella[/name] [name]Frances[/name] (For [name]Francesca[/name]–I forgot about the Welsh name again…)
[name]Mirabella[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Glynis[/name] ([name]Glynis[/name] contains [name]Lyn[/name])
[name]Mirabella[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Wynn[/name]
[name]Mirabella[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Llio[/name]
[name]Mirabella[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Lowri[/name] ([name]Catherine[/name] for [name]Caitlyn[/name])
[name]Mirabella[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Louise[/name] (Sorry–I forgot the Welsh name)
[name]Mirabella[/name] [name]Susanne[/name] (for your Aunt)

[name]Thea[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Belle[/name] ([name]Gwendolyn[/name] for [name]Lyn[/name])
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Carys[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Kate[/name]/[name]Cate[/name] (for your sister [name]Caitlyn[/name])
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Mair[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Frances[/name] (for [name]Francesca[/name])
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Louise[/name] (for your cousin)
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Lynwen[/name] (for your mom)
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Marielle[/name] [name]Bryn[/name] (for [name]Marilyn[/name])

[name]Catalina[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Wynn[/name]
[name]Catalina[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Catalina[/name] [name]Susanne[/name]

[name]Cassia[/name] (cash-uh):

[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Lynwen[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] (see the combos from [name]Thea[/name])
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Wynn[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]

[name]Cassia[/name] (cass-ee-uh)

[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Bronwen[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Lynette[/name] (for [name]Lyn[/name])

[name]Allegra[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Allegra[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Allegra[/name] [name]Susanne[/name]

I tried to use family names as much as I could! :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile: