Wanna name everyone in my Minecraft village?

So… the village on the Minecraft server I’m playing on is becoming rather big. How big? I don’t know, but I’d like to, which is part of why I think it would help if everyone had a name. (The other part is that naming is fun, I’m sure Nameberry agrees :grin:)

Pick one or two from the (probably not complete) list and choose a name for them, I’ll give it to the person or animal using a name tag. I’ll probably add to the list as I find more villagers. Btw, Minecraft doesn’t have sexes so it doesn’t really matter if the names are gendered or not.

THE LIST:

3 dogs (grey, light grey, brown): Smoky, Nala, Harry
2 cats (calico, white): Mara, Jem
2 pigs (pink, brown): Portia, Bea
4 cows (white, white/black, brown, brown): Blancha
5 sheep (white, black, grey, light grey, brown): Eden, Gwen, Georgie, Jaala, Romy
people:
2 fishers: Brizo, Albion
3 beekeepers: Aristaeus, Cyrus
3 shepherds: Perdita, Doe
3 librarians: Cicely, Kitty, Jewel
5 fletchers: Dustin, Duncan, Deacon, Darrin
2 masons: Medea, Garrett
2 clerics: Wilhelm, Tristram
2 butchers: Bruce, Nigel
4 farmers: Demeter, Gaia, John
3 leatherworkers: Pasiphaë, Mitchell
1 armorer: Hua Zhou
1 toolsmith: Axel
1 weaponsmith: Rory
2 cartographers: Viatrix

Thank you all, I hope this will be fun!

I will just go for the 2 librarians: [name_f]Cicely[/name_f] & [name_f]Kitty[/name_f]

(if you want a combo for each one maybe [name_f]Cicely[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f] & [name_f]Kitty[/name_f] Francesca!!)

this is a fun idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

i’ll name the cats: mara (calico) & jem (white) :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_m]Can[/name_m] I name a shepherd [name_f]Perdita[/name_f] please? I love that name and the fact that a shepherd would have a name that means ‘lost’ is just tickling me.

1 Like

[name_m]Can[/name_m] I name a beekeepers Aristaeus (he’s a minor Greek god of bees, honey, etc) and a farmer [name_u]Demeter[/name_u] (goddess of farming and the harvest)?

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, I’ve edited the post to include the names :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think naming the cartographer [name_f]Viatrix[/name_f] would be cool!

1 Like

The toolsmith… if you like it, maybe [name_u]Axel[/name_u]. Idk why it just came to mind. I mean yes maybe it is obvious or cliche to have a toolsmith with a name that sounds like a tool but I dig it :cowboy_hat_face::axe:

2 Likes

Could I name one of the sheep Jaala, meaning wild goat?

2 Likes

could i name the pigs [name_f]Portia[/name_f] (hehe) and [name_f]Bea[/name_f] ?

1 Like

[name_m]Can[/name_m] I name the white cow [name_f]Blancha[/name_f]? :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a fun idea.
I’d love to see one of the fishers called Brizo (ancient Greek goddess who protected fishers)

1 Like

[name_m]Can[/name_m] I name a dog [name_f]Nala[/name_f] please

1 Like

Of course! You can even pick which one :wink:

Could I name the light grey one please thank you

1 Like

Naming two myself: fletchers [name_u]Dustin[/name_u] & [name_m]Duncan[/name_m] (toootally not just bumping this )

1 Like

can i name the sheep georgie, romy, gwen, and eden? (no particular reason, i just like the names lol)

1 Like

forgot to edit the list that one of the sheep has already been named :woman_facepalming:
but, you know what, I’ll just add a fifth.

1 Like

3 dogs: [name_f]Nala[/name_f], Smoky, [name_u]Harry[/name_u]
2 fishers: Brizo and [name_m]Albion[/name_m]
2 beekeepers: Aristaeus and [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
2 shepherds: [name_f]Perdita[/name_f] and [name_f]Doe[/name_f]
3 librarians: [name_f]Cicely[/name_f], [name_u]Kitty[/name_u], and [name_f]Jewel[/name_f]
4 fletchers: [name_u]Dustin[/name_u], [name_m]Duncan[/name_m], [name_m]Deacon[/name_m], and [name_u]Darrin[/name_u]
2 masons: [name_f]Medea[/name_f] and [name_m]Garrett[/name_m]
2 clerics: [name_m]Wilhelm[/name_m] and [name_m]Tristram[/name_m]
2 butchers: [name_m]Bruce[/name_m] and [name_m]Nigel[/name_m]
3 farmers: [name_u]Demeter[/name_u], [name_f]Gaia[/name_f] (mother earth), and [name_u]John[/name_u] (classic farmer)
2 leatherworkers: Pasiphaë (Minotaur’s mom) and [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m]
1 armorer: Hua Zhou
1 weaponsmith: [name_u]Rory[/name_u]

2 Likes