Wanting to have children, but might have a sub-set uterus

I’m not going to have children any time soon, but last year, I got an ultra sound done and my doctor told me that I might possibly have a sub-set uterus and she told me that it made me about 20% more likely to have a miscarriage. At the time I didn’t think it sounded that high, but I found out that even 5% is considered a lot so the more I think about it, the riskier it feels.

I really want to have 2 or at least 1 biological children though, but I’m not sure what’s going to happen. Is 20% high? Could I possibly get a surrogate instead? (I live in Australia so I’m not sure).

I read about other women with a subset uterus who were still able to have children and didn’t have any complications.

1 Like

Septate uterus? I have a more heart shaped uterus that has been discribed as having a partial septate section. Had no problems with conception or pregnancy or birth of my children. Did experience very early miscarriages x2 but that could have been with a normal uterus. I would see how things go and if there are fertility issues it could be a factor to consider then and not stress about too much now.

1 Like

Thank you. :slight_smile: