Ways to get to Ava?

Fiance loves it, I can’t bring myself to love it. Best compromise is to have a long name with “[name]Ava[/name]” nickname. Any ideas?

Ha wish I had advice for you. I spent the last 6 months trying to find a way out of [name]Ava[/name] as a route to nickname [name]Avie[/name]. Not because I don’t love [name]Ava[/name], the exact opposite, but b/c it is a little popular. We considered [name]Aviana[/name] nn [name]Avie[/name]/[name]Ava[/name] but it just has too close association with Avian flu/[name]Evian[/name] water. People have suggested [name]Avis[/name]/Avalonea/Avaleigh/Avarie/Avielle/Aviella/[name]Aviela[/name]/[name]Avril[/name]/Avalee/Avannia/Avania/Avanna/Avora…We were going to do initials [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] nn [name]Avie[/name] but for us it’s just come down to [name]Ava[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] :wink: Good luck!!!

I love it as a name in it’s own right, finding a long form of it could be hard. [name]How[/name] about: [name]Avalon[/name], [name]Alivia[/name], [name]Aviana[/name]…? Or you could create the initials; [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Verity[/name] [name]Anne[/name] = A.V.A for example?

Avonlea (aa-von-lee) is a name for a village in Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery. I think it would be a beautiful name for a girl, especially with the nn Ava.

[name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Avril[/name]
[name]Avis[/name]
Avielle
[name]Avani[/name]
Avaline
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Aviva[/name]
[name]Avon[/name]
Eliava
[name]Havana[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name]

Oh I think someone else on here was doing [name]Lavendar[/name] if I remember correctly.

[name]Giavanna[/name]? What about [name]Evangeline[/name] NN [name]Eva[/name] pronounced like [name]Ava[/name]?

[name]Maeva[/name] and [name]Avis[/name] sound similar, but are a bit less common. I think it would be a bit odd to use [name]Ava[/name] as a nn for [name]Maeva[/name] or [name]Avis[/name], but they might be a good compromise if it’s the popularity that puts you off. Personally I don’t really like [name]Ava[/name] as a nickname- there really aren’t any longer names that lend themselves to [name]Ava[/name] without being really stretchy, and honestly I think [name]Ava[/name] itself is a lot better than [name]Aviana[/name], Aviella and the like.

Thanks everyone!

It’s not the popularity I dislike, I just don’t like the incomplete sound of it that much. Of all the options mentioned [name]Avery[/name] and [name]Avril[/name] stand out the most. [name]Maeva[/name] actually seems like a great way to get to [name]Ava[/name] and I don’t find it all that weird at all. I actually like it a bit

It might just be me but I don’t say [name]Giavanna[/name] or [name]Evangeline[/name] with the “[name]Ava[/name]” sound at all. And [name]Eva[/name] is E-vah to me.

Initials wouldn’t be bad, but I never seem to like “V” names all too much.

I don’t say them that way either but [name]Giavanna[/name] has [name]Ava[/name] right there in it so it wouldn’t be impossible. I’ve heard [name]Eva[/name] said just like [name]Ava[/name] but I prefer the E-vah pronunciation as well. I wish I could have been more help!

I really like [name]Aviana[/name] nn [name]Ava[/name]. I think [name]Maeva[/name] nn [name]Ava[/name] is a really unexpected way to get to it but I like it!!