wdyt about our top boy and girl names?

Boy name = Camden
Girl name- Reese

[name]Jace[/name] [name]Noah[/name] is a little off for me. I love [name]Jace[/name], very edgy and masculine. [name]Noah[/name] is on the other end of the spectrum, soft and melodic. I personally don’t think it works too well together because both names are short and have the long a sound it disrupts the flow for me. I personally think [name]Jace[/name] [name]North[/name] or [name]Jace[/name] [name]Ronan[/name] would work better.

[name]Lottie[/name] [name]Mim[/name] is cute, but my only quibble is that both can be considered nicknames, which might make the name too cute and little girlish in a sense. Perhaps there’s a full version of one of those names that you like? [name]Carlotta[/name] [name]Mim[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Mim[/name], [name]Lottie[/name] [name]Miriam[/name], [name]Lottie[/name] [name]Mimosa[/name]?

[name]Jace[/name] [name]Noah[/name]- There’s the Duck Dynasty association but that might not be a bad thing lol. I think [name]Noah[/name] [name]Jace[/name] has a much better flow.
I agree with the opinion of tay2thestars. It’s an alright name.

[name]Lottie[/name] [name]Mim[/name]- Oh dear. Here is where our opinions are different, not that it’s a bad thing. I would consider [name]Lottie[/name] a nickname and I think it sounds like a dog. I’d put [name]Lottie[/name] with the classic names I dislike such as [name]Virginia[/name] and [name]Agatha[/name]. [name]Mim[/name] sounds like a cat (sorry for the annoying animal references). [name]Lottie[/name] and [name]Mim[/name] scream “[name]Tea[/name] Party” and I doubt that your 17 year old daughter will be thanking you for her name.

i hope I haven’t been to judgmental (You’re probably thinking “Yes you are!!” Because i know that I’d be doing the same. Especially when I spoke about the name [name]Asia[/name]. Let’s just say that the opinions weren’t pleasant.

Anyways, happy name hunting. :slight_smile:

[name]Jace[/name] and [name]Lottie[/name] are both too nicknamey for me to like them as full names. I would prefer [name]Jason[/name] / [name]Jacen[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]. [name]Mim[/name], although short and sweet, is also a nickname and I don’t think that two nicknames work together in a combo, I would prefer either [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Mim[/name] or [name]Lottie[/name] [name]Miriam[/name].

yolo199- I don’t think your being judgmental at all! I appreciate hearing others’ opinions!

OH and I decided that we want to honor our maternal grandmothers with our first daughter’s name, and have been contemplating how to do this for quite a while. Their names are [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Miriam[/name]. The problem was that we both have very different taste in names. I like vintage classics, and he likes cutsey, nicknamey, sometimes boyish names ([name]Jamie[/name], [name]Hallie[/name], [name]Rory[/name], [name]Lexi[/name], [name]Quinn[/name], [name]Hayden[/name]- to name a few of his faves). He dislikes both [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Miriam[/name] as the first or middle name for our child. We finally came up with [name]Lottie[/name] [name]Mim[/name]- the traditional nicknames of our grandmother’s names. I adore [name]Lottie[/name], but am not crazy about [name]Mim[/name]. However, OH loves it and it reminds him so much of his grandmother (who was his absolute favorite person). I understand that both names are nicknames. As far as our daughter not liking her name, this could happen with any name depending on her personality. Hey…she might fit [name]Lottie[/name] [name]Mim[/name] perfectly and love her name. We both love the name and will make sure our daughter knows about the wonderful women who inspired her name.

Thanks for your feedback!! :slight_smile:

As far as [name]Jace[/name] [name]Noah[/name], we are honoring OH’s grandfather with the J name and my father with [name]Noah[/name]. If it were solely up to me, I would choose the name [name]Noah[/name] [name]Jay[/name] to honor these two people, however OH doesn’t like [name]Noah[/name] as a fn.