WDYT??? Berkleigh for our girl.

what do you think? our baby girl is due anyday now and we like Berkleigh.

I love the name, but as [name]Berkeley[/name]. People are going to constantly misspell her name if you use the “unique” spelling, Berkleigh.

I kind of hate it. But if youre set on that name at least spell it correctly. A YOUNEEK spelling is just making life harder on your child. Not to mention it reflects poorly on you.

[name]Berkeley[/name].

Honestly? You will use it if you like it, but the original name [name]Berkeley[/name] is a boys name to start out with and spelling it Berkleigh just looks silly. Either commit to the male version or move on.
I am all for using ‘leigh’ instead of ‘ly’ in most cases, but [name]Berk[/name] is a boys name to me and seems very masculine and adding leigh to it just seems like you are reaching.
Congrats on your baby, and again you will use a name regardless of what anyone on here thinks.

[name]Berkeley[/name]? Great! Berkleigh? Ick.

I honestly dont care for the name at all. The spelling is terrible and the name is very harsh and unattractive on a girl imho.

Are you wanting a B name?
If you are still open to suggestions how about [name]Brenna[/name], [name]Brielle[/name], [name]Brooke[/name], [name]Bridget[/name], [name]Brynn[/name], [name]Briar[/name], or [name]Bellamy[/name].

Ummm. Sorry but I don’t like it at all. The -leigh makes it look trendeigh, but even if you spell it [name]Berkeley[/name] it still sounds like Burp.

If you like the college name trend, try this article: https://nameberry.com/blog/2010/02/22/college-names-rah-rah-for-names-with-a-college-degree/

Other names you might like:
Brynley
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Bailey[/name]
[name]Riley[/name]
[name]Paisley[/name]
[name]Presley[/name]
[name]Everley[/name]

All of those (actually anything ending in -lee/-leigh/-ly) are very trendy right now, and could sound dated in 10-20 years time. What other sort of names do you like?

I really don’t like the spelling, but I see the appeal of [name]Berkeley[/name]. I see no reason to change it to -leigh.

Sorry, but I think ‘Berkleigh’ is really awful.
The spelling makes it look very silly and illiterate, and even then [name]Berkeley[/name] sounds extremely masculine.
What about [name]Hadley[/name], [name]Piper[/name], [name]Scout[/name], [name]Grier[/name], [name]Harper[/name], [name]Saskia[/name], [name]Holland[/name], [name]Quinn[/name], [name]Amory[/name], [name]Willow[/name], [name]Amity[/name], or even [name]Bellamy[/name], [name]Delaney[/name] or [name]Willoughby[/name] ?
Good luck!

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name! But as others have mentioned, I would spell it [name]Berkeley[/name] or [name]Berkley[/name]. I know a little [name]Berkley[/name] and she is adorable! It suits her girly personality very well :slight_smile:

I prefer the spelling [name]Berkeley[/name], but certainly not on a girl. Can you imagine someone calling your sweet little girl [name]Berk[/name] for short? It’s very unattractive, and the trendeigh spelling doesn’t help matters. Sorry, but I really don’t like this name.

I dislike it.

OK I’m going to get massacred, but I actually like the [name]Berkley[/name] spelling best. And I think it could be pretty cute on a girl. If [name]Riley[/name] and [name]Finley[/name] work for girls, why not the more unusual [name]Berkley[/name]? I think the -ley ending makes almost anything sound feminine.

I like it! I have a cousin (boy) named [name]Berkeley[/name], but I also know a (girl) named [name]Berkeley[/name]. I think the spelling you have makes it more girly. And this generation a lot of girls take boys names and they look really cute :slight_smile:

Not a fan, but I do prefer the spelling [name]Berkeley[/name].

Agreed.

I really can’t stand the thought of you naming your little girl this. I understand that you’re having a girl first and this may be a name to end all names, but if/when you do have a boy you may regret giving a masculine name to his sister; you could be painting yourself into a corner here.

I love [name]Berkeley[/name] for a girl, but not the Berkleigh spelling. I’m a huge fan of masculine names for girls. I think they are strong, sexy, and fabulous. Despite being a total girly-girl, I don’t care for really feminine names.

It pretty.
BUT-
‘[name]Berk[/name]’ or ‘[name]Burk[/name]’ is another word for a idiot… :frowning:
I love this name though! its really pretty and what ever style she has as a teen; goth, emo, rocker, sc8a, retro, plain…
her name will fit her :slight_smile:

from [name]Bianca[/name]

I extremely dislike this name, even more so with the spelling you prefer.