WDYT of Antonia?

This name keeps coming back to me, and I like it, but I’m not exactly sure what to think of it. What are you thoughts on it? Is it usable? Could you see it working on a little girl? Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

I really like this one…sophisticated but spunky!

I like it. I met a little girl called [name]Antonia[/name] once and she was adorable, so I can definitely see it on a little girl. Plus there’s a variety of nns, [name]Annie[/name], [name]Anna[/name], Anty,[name]Toni[/name], [name]Tonia[/name], [name]Nia[/name]… I’d actually forgotten how much I loved her name.

I went to college with an [name]Antonia[/name] who went by [name]Toni[/name]

I think of [name]Willa[/name] Cather’s My [name]Antonia[/name] first, I think it’s a strong name with tons of nn options.

I love [name]Antonia[/name] - it’s a strong, classical [name]Roman[/name] name with literary associations. I don’t know why more parents don’t seriously consider this name when “A” names are so popular. The boys versions [name]Anthony[/name] (No# 10 in 2010) and [name]Antonio[/name] (No# 110) were on the SAA list but [name]Antonia[/name] doesn’t even make it into the top 1,000. Go figure!

I would love to meet a little girl named [name]Antonia[/name], I think it is so pretty and underused.

I think [name]Antonia[/name] is fabulous! It seems sophisticated and feminine at the same time.

[name]Love[/name] it–love the meaning “priceless one,” the nicknames ([name]Toni[/name] especially), and the [name]Willa[/name] Cather novel!

[name]Love[/name] it - it’s been one of my favorites for years. It’s strong, feminine, elegant and ages well. Nice literary and historical associations. For me, though, the [name]Toni[/name] nickname is a drawback - just seems so different in spirit from the full name.

[name]How[/name] do you pronounce it? Is the emphasis on TOE or KNEE?

[name]Antonia[/name] will be the name of my first daughter :slight_smile: I’ll call her [name]Annie[/name] for Short. As for her middle name it will probably be [name]Elizabeth[/name] to honour her Grandmother, but that might change. I love this name so much. To me, it’s perfection in a name :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name]!! [name]Just[/name] don’t like the nn [name]Toni[/name]. So that would be the only drawback. I would use the nn [name]Annie[/name] <3. I picture a beautiful olive skin girl with an Italian heritage. It has an exotic sound. Just gorgeous.