WDYT of Estee?

Hubs loves [name]Esther[/name] and I love [name]Esme[/name] (as well as the list below) so I thought “what about [name]Estee[/name]?” Give me your honest opinion.

Is the [name]Estee[/name] Lauder connection a problem? It is the French (or Jewish, according to Behind the Name) pn and spelling for [name]Esther[/name]. What do you think? I wanted to use my maiden name, [name]Gray[/name], as a middle - but might save it for a future boy.

[name]Do[/name] you prefer one of these combos?

[name]Estee[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] “[name]Robinson[/name]”
[name]Estee[/name] [name]Juliana[/name] “[name]Robinson[/name]”
[name]Estee[/name] [name]Juliette[/name] “[name]Robinson[/name]”

I think most people would assume its just another spelling for [name]Estie[/name] and end up pronouncing it ES-tee, vs, ES-tay.

Estess [name]Genevieve[/name] is my favorite.

Estée [name]Genevieve[/name] is my favourite, too. I think you need the accent if you want people to pronounce it es-[name]TAY[/name] rather than [name]Estie[/name].

Have always loved it. [name]Don[/name]'t think the [name]Estee[/name] Lauder connection is a problem. Like that it means star.

My initial reaction was to pronounce it as “es tee” and it immediately followed with “dee”. I mean, it’s not really that big of a problem considering it’s not pronounced like that, but something to consider…

[name]Estee[/name]=ST-D

The STD connection is to strong for me.

Immediately thought of [name]Estee[/name] Lauder. I don’t think many little kids know about make up lines yet so I think it is safe for a little girl :slight_smile:
As for the combos, I like [name]Estee[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] the best. Also, instead of trying to combine [name]Ester[/name] and [name]Esme[/name], have you thought of naming her one of those and deciding on a nn that you both like? Ex. [name]Essie[/name]? [name]Just[/name] a thought. Best of luck :slight_smile:

I guess I automatically think of [name]Estee[/name] Lauder too, so I wouldn’t think it is pn’d Es-tee.
Confused on the connection to STD since the pn is es-tay… Like Renee.

I think [name]Estee[/name] Lauder…a brand that isn’t going to disappear anytime soon. It is pretty though. I also like [name]Estelle[/name] & [name]Esther[/name] which could be nn [name]Estee[/name]

Pearls and peonies; it can be assumed that some people would pronounce it “es tee” upon first seeing it, which is very close to STD. Like I said earlier, you could just correct them that it’s ess-tay and it wouldn’t be a big deal but it is something to consider.

When I first saw the name, I thought Es-tee, not Es-tay, because I’ve never heard of it before other than [name]Estee[/name] Lauder. That’s why people automatically finish it with [name]Dee[/name] (Esteedee), pearls and peonies, because a lot of people wouldn’t pronounce it the way it’s apparently supposed to be pronounced.

I actually really like the other two names you listed([name]Esther[/name], [name]Esme[/name]) better than [name]Estee[/name]. It’s pretty, but I see a lot of people saying it wrong which might be frustrating, or hearing, ‘Oh, like [name]Estee[/name] Lauder!’ a lot. It can take away from the beauty of the name when people are butchering it or thinking of a makeup brand every time they say it. I like the E names a lot though! [name]Esther[/name], [name]Esme[/name], [name]Estelle[/name], [name]Edith[/name], [name]Edyta[/name], [name]Enid[/name], [name]Eveline[/name]… :slight_smile:

[name]Estee[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] is my favorite! But if you want to be sure it’s pronounced Es-tay, you would need to use an accent, like Estée. I didn’t think of Estée Lauder at all.

I think you’re right. The options are to have it butchered or have it connected with the line of make-up, haha. Neither are good. Back to the drawing board :slight_smile:

I do think of [name]Estee[/name] Lauder, but I don’t think it’s that bad of a connection. I think people could pretty easily move past it. I think you’ll get a few who say ES-tee too, especially if there’s no accent. But after a correction I think people would catch on. I like the idea of [name]Estelle[/name] or [name]Esther[/name], nn [name]Estee[/name] the best, though. I like [name]Estee[/name] [name]Juliette[/name] the best from your combos, followed quickly by [name]Estee[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I like [name]Esther[/name] and [name]Esme[/name] (actually, I love [name]Ester[/name]) better than [name]Estee[/name] too.