WDYT of Francis?

I really like [name_u]Francis[/name_u] for a boy but I’d always imagined that he’d have the nickname [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]. However, yesterday I realised that my borther’s cat is called [name_u]Frankie[/name_u].

In your opinion, does this cat rule out [name_u]Francis[/name_u] (nn [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]) for us?

What do you think [name_u]Francis[/name_u] without [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]?

Can you think of any other nicknames you like are could be useable?

Thanks!!

[name_m]Frank[/name_m] would also work! Personally I like [name_u]Francis[/name_u] nn [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] or [name_m]Frank[/name_m], it’s very cool; [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] and [name_m]Frank[/name_m] are considered cool right now in the UK. :slight_smile:

I don’t think it’s a big deal. [name_u]Francis[/name_u] is such a handsome name and [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] would be sweet for a little boy.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it. I also like [name_f]Frances[/name_f] on a girl

My toddler son’s name is [name_u]Francis[/name_u] so I clearly love the name. We call him [name_m]Frank[/name_m] almost exclusively (I actually don’t think he even really knows that his name is [name_u]Francis[/name_u]). It wasn’t intentional although we knew we would probably call him [name_m]Frank[/name_m] most of the time. All his friends at daycare call him [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] which is cute. We wanted an old, widely used name that was easy to spell and pronounce but not common and frank/[name_u]Frankie[/name_u]/[name_u]Francis[/name_u] is perfect. It felt weird calling a newborn frank but he completely suits his name. Older people get a kick out of such an old person name on a baby and people our age give us lots of compliments. In a sea of [name_m]Williams[/name_m] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m]'s, [name_u]Francis[/name_u] sticks out but still fits in if you know what I mean. I’m not sure where you live but I get a lot of people telling me they’ve never heard of a frank on a little kid before. Our son was born right before pope [name_u]Francis[/name_u] was named which I thought might make it more popular but so far it seems to be flying under the radar. It’s a great, handsome name. I say go for it!

I really don’t think the cat connection is a big deal. My sisters name is [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] and she goes by [name_u]Frankie[/name_u].