WDYT of Joshua?

[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] is my latest addition to my name list. WDYT of [name_m]Joshua[/name_m]? [name_f]My[/name_f] combo ideas are:

[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_u]Daniel[/name_u]
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_m]Luther[/name_m]
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]

4 Likes

[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] is solid and versatile

I like [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_u]Daniel[/name_u] and [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] is a favourite of mine! [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_u]Daniel[/name_u] gets my vote !

1 Like

Joshua is one of those names that you can’t go wrong with, since it’s such a classic. I know a lot of them, if that’s something that bothers you, but if not then go for it! My favourite combo is Joshua Rhys, followed up by Joshua Luther. I think the more unexpected middles spice Joshua up.

[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_u]Daniel[/name_u] is a lovely choice.

Some people think [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] is “too 90s” but I like it! I agree that a spicy middle name could work out great too!

i really like joshua! and i love joshua rhys!!

IT’s okay, I have bad associations personally & I see it as dated.

i don’t mind [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] because i like the nn [name_m]Josh[/name_m]. [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] really adds to the name to make it seem not so dated! [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] is my vote

I have a three month old [name_m]Joshua[/name_m]. No regrets here. It’s an effortless name – you’ll never have to spell it, explain it, or repeat it.

[name_f]Edit[/name_f]: From your list of middles, I really like [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_u]Daniel[/name_u].

1 Like

I like [name_m]Joshua[/name_m]! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_u]Daniel[/name_u], followed by [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u].

Personally not a fan. Feels dated (I know of so many born in the 80s/90s) and I don’t think it’s ready for a comeback.
Also I really don’t like the nickname Joshy (feels very child like, and I’ve seen it used on a grown man).
No offence to anyone who likes/loves the name or anyone who is named [name_m]Joshua[/name_m]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] my honest opinion.

I think [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] falls into the category of modern classic. The biblical association sort of fades with its popularity. [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] is my favorite!